✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Running woes

will16

That's exactly how I feel about the loss of my obsessions.

:hug:

You'll get through it alright.

If something is making you depressed, quitting is definitely the correct decision.

But to what extent is that reasonable? I don't think you could go as far as to say that if life is making you depressed is suicide definitely the correct decision. Where is the cutoff?

I'm not like attacking your post or anything, just genuinely curious.

But to what extent is that reasonable? I don't think you could go as far as to say that if life is making you depressed is suicide definitely the correct decision. Where is the cutoff?

I wasn't talking about life. That hadn't even crossed my mind. I don't know what gave you that impression, but you're very much mistaken.

We're only talking activities here.

I wasn't talking about life. That hadn't even crossed my mind. I don't know what gave you that impression, but you're very much mistaken.

We're only talking activities here.

Did you not see the second part of my post? :uhoh:

I just wanted to know the point at which that becomes inaccurate.

Did you not see the second part of my post? :uhoh:

I just wanted to know the point at which that becomes inaccurate.

If it's something you don't need to do for whatever reason, it's the right decision to quit if you're not enjoying it.

I can't really explain it any other way.

Any kind of intensive sporting activity definitely qualifies.

But i love running :cry:

Sigh. I know how you feel. I did Little Athletics for aaages just 'cuz it was fun. It didn't matter that I usually came somewhere around last. Unfortunately, growing pains hit. It just hurt to run. I had to stop and walk, and I'd get terrible times. I decided I couldn't do it anymore if it was going to hurt.

I still miss doing things like hurdles since I was good at those... but I can't now due to terrible fitness haha.

I got used to being without it, though. If you are gonna take a break just keep fit!

Hahaha Alexa was so funny in this thread. And WTF? Mark giving out decent advice? Has he grown a brain or something? Well he only did it so he can slip in that he runs and plays tennis but still, he should get an award for "Most Improved Common Sense" because he just leaped from absolutely nothing to a little bit.

Anyway, this is what sport psychologists exist, not sure if you can contact any.

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that you definitely should quit, but also they are right, if quittings the right thing to do, then do it, it won't make you a loser. Wasting more years trying to get into something that depresses you like hell might make you a loser though.

Before you decide to quit talk to people about it, tell your parents, coach, how you feel. Get everything clear in your head, because if you do truely love running and you want to do it then there's something, a mental block, from enjoying what you do. There is also the possibility (Like Mark said) that you may not love it like you think you do, and especially when it gets to the top, tough competitive stages a lot of people realise this.