✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Avril Lavigne

Hicksy

OK, I realise I may get flamed for this but im going to hold my ground

You guys know I am a Radiohead and Coldplay fanatic but I REALLY like her!!! not just in the obvious sense but her music is VERY good and she has a big part in writing the music too which gives her credibility. Her lyrics are very strong and its more than just pop music - its very tuneful

If any of you have an open mind go find her album Let Go and give it a few listens because its excellent and her 4 b-sides are also extremely good

if any-one wants to have a pop at me for admitting this then bite me :D

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate pop music but she called my attetion so I bought her cd and it was OK, I wasn't expecting somenthing very good but it was OK. Then I saw her live and It was horrible....... she sux, her voice is totally different to the cd' voice, besides she get tired very easily, she coudn't run, jump etc... (I think) because she's new on the bussines.

i agree that she was not gr8 live - i saw her at the astoria in London and i thought she was poor - but then shes only young so if she can keep with it i think she has got massive potential - alanis morissetts going the distance! :D

I agree, she have, potencial but she needs a more time. I somentimes don't like her actitude like " I don't care what ppl think of me and what I do" but I think that makes her different to all the pop starts, that call themself singers when they can not write or sing somenthing properly.

I have her album as well and really like it! As for her attitude I think it's kinda cute she always tries to be such a cool rock chick... 8) So compared to all those other young female pop icons she is definitely my fave one! :-D

*edits* I do like Michelle Branch and Vanessa Carlton, too...

You guys know I am a Radiohead and Coldplay fanatic but I REALLY like her!!! not just in the obvious sense but her music is VERY good and she has a big part in writing the music too which gives her credibility. Her lyrics are very strong and its more than just pop music - its very tuneful

If any of you have an open mind go find her album Let Go and give it a few listens because its excellent and her 4 b-sides are also extremely good

*bites Simon*

Ok, she has some talent I do not disagree with that my main issue with her is she is POP. There is nothing wrong with pop music, I just don't have respect for her because she is trying to come across as a PUNK artist. She is the polar opposite for what punk stands for. She is not punk she is pop and the day she comes out and says I AM POP I will have more respect for her, until then I do not. I like Britney Spears more than her because at least Britney does not pretend that she isn't pop music. She always says that she is. Avril on the other hand says she is punk. And Avril is just as much as a manufactured product as Britney, Christina, Kylie whatever. Her songs are not bad at all, just what she stands for I do not agree with.

AND SHE CAN'T PRONOUNCE DAVID BOWIE'S NAME. IT WAS TELEVISED ON TV.

ah.... c'mon what's that thing about pop punk?......

Avril is a pop singer or a punk singer .. while she prentends to be a punk singer, but she's not......

You can't say pop /punk...... now you will say u2 is pop /rock,

I ron Maiden is pop/ D. Metal, Coldplay is pop/rock and so on..........

I mean you can call them pop from the word popular but not from the music style "POP" from the 80' 90' from all the PopArt, PopStyle and PopMusic ........ Define Pop as a music style or as somenthing popular .....

well whatever she sings or does....pop...punk..whatever, i dont like it :D

hehe

avril is pop

the reason i said pop punk is like you said she tries to be punk and she does pop....thus, pop punk

and anyways its not like i put them together....i typed them as two different words ;)

you think some of her songs are quite heavy on guitar....*bursts out laughing*

sorry i wont post here...i'm just keeping up on replies or untill sarah comes back. :roll:

I don't know if I am supposed to take this in a good way or a bad way. But I think good way. :-o

Either way, Avril is easy listening and not Punk in the least. Blink 182, Simple Plan etc. are more punk then her. Come on, a SK8R BOI who fell in love with a Ballet dancer???!!!!

*bites Simon*

Ok, she has some talent I do not disagree with that my main issue with her is she is POP. There is nothing wrong with pop music, I just don't have respect for her because she is trying to come across as a PUNK artist. She is the polar opposite for what punk stands for. She is not punk she is pop and the day she comes out and says I AM POP I will have more respect for her, until then I do not. I like Britney Spears more than her because at least Britney does not pretend that she isn't pop music. She always says that she is. Avril on the other hand says she is punk. And Avril is just as much as a manufactured product as Britney, Christina, Kylie whatever. Her songs are not bad at all, just what she stands for I do not agree with.

AND SHE CAN'T PRONOUNCE DAVID BOWIE'S NAME. IT WAS TELEVISED ON TV.

I agree with what Sarah said - she's pretty much voiced my opinion. she strikes me as being as manufactured as artists such as Britney, but much less honest about it, which irritates me.