✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ipod touch - any advice

Guest howyousawtheworld

Guest howyousawtheworld

Anyone out there with an ipod touch? I'm thinking of getting one for my birthday, preferrably a 32gb one. However the prices out there vary quite a bit? How much did you pay for one regardless of GB or generation?

i got mine for free with my macbook pro :D but i am planning on buying a 32GB 4th Gen ipod touch early next year. since the aus dollar and us dollar are now on parity i am planning on buying it off an US website, because its $300 over there but 380 over here.

how many gb you get is really dependent on what you want to put on there. i have very little but music on my 8gb on which i can fit about 1700 songs. if you want to upload a lot of movies and tv shows 32gb is essential but if you're like me and only want a decent amount of music and want to save some money too then 8gb is sufficient.

i got mine for free with my macbook pro :D but i am planning on buying a 32GB 4th Gen ipod touch early next year. since the aus dollar and us dollar are now on parity i am planning on buying it off an US website, because its $300 over there but 380 over here.

how many gb you get is really dependent on what you want to put on there. i have very little but music on my 8gb on which i can fit about 1700 songs. if you want to upload a lot of movies and tv shows 32gb is essential but if you're like me and only want a decent amount of music and want to save some money too then 8gb is sufficient.

I have the 2nd generation ipod touch, 16gb.

I frequently have to go through my music, videos and apps to clear space for new stuff.

So the 32gb will be hopefully be grand :nice: unless you are planning on putting several movies on it :lol:

Also make sure you have a good wireless internet connection.

I paid €219 for mine.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Thanks a lot guys for your advice. The cheapest 32GB 3rd gen I can find on the net at the moment is for £220 which seems reasonable.

Thanks a lot guys for your advice. The cheapest 32GB 3rd gen I can find on the net at the moment is for £220 which seems reasonable.

you can get a 32gb 4th gen (the one with HD camera and iOS 4) for $299 (according to the apple store) if you get it shipped from the states. im not sure how much 220 pounds is in american dollars but im pretty sure its much more than 299. the only problem might be finding a website that ships internationally.

Guest howyousawtheworld
you can get a 32gb 4th gen (the one with HD camera and iOS 4) for $299 (according to the apple store) if you get it shipped from the states. im not sure how much 220 pounds is in american dollars but im pretty sure its much more than 299. the only problem might be finding a website that ships internationally.

That's interesting. Just checked the Apple UK store website and you can get one of those for £249 so I'm guessing that's more or less the same in $ no? However is it worth spending that near £30 extra for the 4th gen version? What are the major differences?

*puts on apple fanboy face*

this is the most significant upgrade apple have ever made to the ipod touch. it pretty has all the capabilities of the iphone 4 except it cant make calls and doesnt have mobile internet capabilities. but it does have a HD camera (similar if not identical to the one on the iphone4) and it also has a camera on the front of it allowing you to make video calls. since it doesnt have calling abilities how it works is that when you have wifi connections you simply "call" an iphone but instead of entering the phone number you enter the email address connected to that iphone.

it also gives u all the features of iOS 4 like mutlitasking, retina display, home page wallpaper and a faster processor.

*takes off apple fanboy face*

of course the downside being since you dont live in the US you will be paying about 25% more than you should be but if you are willing to take a slight risk jump on amazon.com and try your luck at some of the sellers on there who will ship to the UK for a decent price and you will save a good 50 pounds. i think 249 pounds is about $400. the ipod 32gb 4th gen sells in the US for $299.

oh yeah and you must use that shit house of a program iTunes 10.

Men read this...

Ipod touch 4th generation

8 or 32 giga

ITS BY FAR greater than any ipod/ iphone out in the market...

only the iphone 4 is better ...

230 the 8 G dollars in usa

300 the 32 G dollars in usa

I hardly recocomend you to save a little more money and buy it..

The screen is like 10 times better,2 camaras,facetime,good speaker(not as the old ipods),etc,etc...

I REALLYT thing you should get it,try not to buy an old one,cause the advantages of this one is incredible...

i have it,and i recomend it

Guest howyousawtheworld
for that price you get the 4th gen :lol:

I went into the Apple Store today...and I did indeed come out with a 4th gen 32 GB seeing the sense I didn't have yesterday! Cheers for the advice guys especially deaths_friend and Juanma8.

^^

kinda glad u didnt take the risk and try buy it from the states. was a little worried that you might try and get it from an online seller and then get screwed over by them which would kinda be my fault. i think i might take the safe option too and fork out the extra 50 bucks for the peace of mind. make sure you get yourself a case for the ipod and a screen protector.

Guest howyousawtheworld
^^

kinda glad u didnt take the risk and try buy it from the states. was a little worried that you might try and get it from an online seller and then get screwed over by them which would kinda be my fault. i think i might take the safe option too and fork out the extra 50 bucks for the peace of mind. make sure you get yourself a case for the ipod and a screen protector.

I'll certainly bear that in mind. Cheers!

It wouldn't be a good idea to import an iPod Touch from the states, the money you would save on purchase price would be pretty much wiped out if customs pick it up and they decide to charge you customs duty, VAT and the lovely Royal Mail handling charge.

It wouldn't be a good idea to import an iPod Touch from the states, the money you would save on purchase price would be pretty much wiped out if customs pick it up and they decide to charge you customs duty, VAT and the lovely Royal Mail handling charge.

yeah you have a point. there is a $80 price difference here and the US for the ipod touch. all the additional fees and charges for importing totals to about $30. so i still save about $50. but like i said before i wouldnt mind forking out the extra money to have the peace of mind.

Forget Ipod... Get a Zune HD!!! A much better music experience if youre not really into apps... it also gives a biography and pictures of the artists that you have, and it gives you recommendations on what kind of music you may like.

It also has an HD Radio, a small amount of free microsoft made apps (Audiosurf is sweet check it out on youtube).

And the computer software for the device is amazing... 10 times as good as itunes.

On amazon, they have the 16 GB model for $170.99 or the 32 GB model for $205.99.

They also have a 64GB model but thats for like $334.99.