Arwen Evenstar

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiders, and creepy crawly bugs. And rodents. :freak: :sick:

Not great with heights.

Must be a problem now that you are 6 foot tall! :P

I thought I was one of those people who are classed as 'afraid of heights' but then discovered people who can't look out a window from 10 floors up and stuff, but I am not a fan of heights. That said, I've conquered this fear by climbing, absailing, diving from a large height, but I still don't like standing at the end of a ledge looking down.

My mum's like that. I don't mind heights, but if I'm standing on something that doesn't feel safe I get all freaked out. Seriously, even standing on a chair or similar. Even though it's not far from the ground, I guess it's the fear of falling off.

I have a friend who's incredibly afraid of heights. I remember when we were in Munich together that she wanted to show me everything and climb up the stairs of church tower to have a better view. Unfortunately the staircase was wooden and you could see the ground getting farer and farer away through the steps. I asked her a million times if she wanted to go back down but she somehow managed to get herself up there, although it took us thrice as long as it would usually take one.

I'm not afraid of heights at all, I love it ... so I had my problems with understanding her, but I'm even more extreme when it comes to spiders. I've been trying over and over again to tell myself that they can never harm me etc. It doesn't work ... I get panic attacks ... hyperventilating, crying and I usually run away immediately without even thinking. I wish I could somehow get over it, because I know it's silly, but the thought of even touching a spider with my hand makes me want to cut it off.

I used to be like that - just frozen with fear, at even tiny spiders. I'm a bit better now. I usually drown the spider in bug spray and then squash it.

once when I was sleeping I had a big dead spider fall on my face :shocked2: :(

Fuuuuck! :freak:

That is sooo adorable! :cheesy:

THIS

Oh and I got over my spider phobia by having a freakin' spider nest under my bed and having them crawl over me every single night, argh :snobby:

WTF?!?!?! Why didn't you have someone get rid of it for you?! :wreck:

Btw - love your siggy!

I fucking love storms. I love standing out in them.

I love watching storms from either inside or out on the verandah. I love listening to them while all cosy snuggled up in bed.

I have a fear that one day I'm gonna be bouncing naked on a trampoline and someone will take a picture of me as I'm going back towards the ground, so my genitals will be in the air due to the gravity. Then they will cut the trampoline out of the picture so that it just looks like I'm just there, naked with an erection the size of a flaccid penis.

(I don't really, but I did have that dream once :lol:)

You are so fucking hilarious! :laugh3:

I'd say the thing I'm most afraid of is the unknown. This encompasses death, not knowing what's out there in the dark/basement or just psychological fears, etc.

Also I'm afraid to fly even though I've never done it.

My poor baby girl went on a plane for the first time (she was 10) that she can remember this year. I think she would've been fine except that a few months before that she kept seeing on the news that Qantas kept crashing. She was so freaked that she might have to go with Qantas. Thankfully she went with Virgin. Btw, it was a Girl Guide camp, which is why I wasn't going with her.

WTF?!?!?! Why didn't you have someone get rid of it for you?! :wreck:

Btw - love your siggy!

Because I only found that nest a year after the spiders had all come out. I guess it was hidden in some corner or something... :shame:

Oh and thanks :wacky: