✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Giving Blood

ivet

So we're having a blood drive today at school and like a good person in my community I volunteered!!!!1134235452! It's about a couple of hours til I have to go.

It's making me really nervous :anxious:

Like, my tummy is acting up :sad:

I've never given blood before and I'm freaking out. :blank:

So, have you ever given blood before or had blood drawn for medical reasons? Does it hurt? Did you cry? Did it not phase you?

:wreck:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a lot of blood drawn, it's nothing to worry about at all! :hug: It's such an important thing you're doing, good for you! :)

I wish I could give blood, but I'm not allowed to because I was ill in Leukemia when I was little.

Really, it's such an easy way to help! :nice: I hope a lot of people at your school do it!

So we're having a blood drive today at school and like a good person in my community I volunteered!!!!1134235452! It's about a couple of hours til I have to go.

It's making me really nervous :anxious:

Like, my tummy is acting up :sad:

I've never given blood before and I'm freaking out. :blank:

So, have you ever given blood before or had blood drawn for medical reasons? Does it hurt? Did you cry? Did it not phase you?

:wreck:

I've had blood drawn for medical reasons. It doesn't really hurt. My problem is more that I tend to faint.

It's not seeing blood, I really don't mind that, but I just can't see it being drawn, haha.

Anyway, don't worry, it's gonna be fine and you're doing something really important, so always keep that in mind. :hug:

I wish I could give blood, but I'm not allowed to because I was ill in Leukemia when I was little.

Aww, I'm so so sorry to hear that and I'm really glad that you're here now. :hug:

Aww, I'm so so sorry to hear that and I'm really glad that you're here now. :hug:

Aw, thanks Imke, you're a sweetheart :heart: I'm glad to be here too! :nice:

I wanted to do it once but they said my blood pressure was weird. They sent me to get some food but when I went back they didn't allow me to do it :blank:

Hm, yeah, I've heard they're really particular sometimes... Strange, though! :thinking:

I've had a lot of blood drawn, it's nothing to worry about at all! :hug: It's such an important thing you're doing, good for you! :)

Really, it's such an easy way to help! :nice: I hope a lot of people at your school do it!

I just asked fo yo digitz on tumblr lolz.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-BZ0D92mtU]YouTube - Bon Iver - Blood Bank (studio version)[/ame]

When I was younger I had my blood drawn every 3 months (because the medication I was on at the time could potentially have adverse effects on the liver, so they needed to keep an eye on that). I didn't mind it at all. And now most places have these little "butterfly" catch/release valve things, so they don't have to hold the needle/tube in their hand when drawing the blood, so it's more comfortable. I've only had one bad experience getting blood drawn in my life, but even that wasn't horrible.

I haven't given blood before, but I imagine it's not much different than having an I.V. put in (except stuff is being taken out of you instead of put in).

Really?! Here you have to go to the hospital to give blood.

Even if you do that here to my knowledge the hospital(most of them) sells it at around 400 a bag to the patients. So either way people are donating their blood and others are making a huge profit on it. Had a professor last year who talked about this all the time....

You give blood for free or a small amount and they go and sell it for around 300 a bag to hospitals.

Hey Nick, want to start a blood bank?

$280 a bag, we'll be the cheapest in town.

We just need to bake good cookies.

Although i think if you gave a slice of your pizza away we would do much better business.

Even if you do that here to my knowledge the hospital(most of them) sells it at around 400 a bag to the patients. So either way people are donating their blood and others are making a huge profit on it. Had a professor last year who talked about this all the time....

Ugh, that's terrible. :\

I.V. is even worse than having blood taken from you, imo. I donate blood and because I've got bloodtype O I get called in quite a lot.

It doesn't hurt at all, I actually like the little adrenaline rush I get right before the needle gets pushed in. :P (adrenaline junkie?)

And I like the idea of being tested once in a while to see if I'm still healthy (at least partly -.-')