✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Giving Blood

ivet

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Age, weight and no important diseases. Here you can't donate if you have a tattoo for example.
I think that's also true here, although I'm not positive.

I can't give blood in the US

because according to them I might have mad cow disease from living in Europe more than 5 years .....

Are you serious? Wow. The Red Cross needs all the blood they can get, I can't believe they would be so stupid like that.

Same here, if you're gay or have had sex with guy who had sex with guy, than you're not allowed to donate blood.

Also not when you have had sex in exchange for money or drugs.

Also not when you've visited the dentist within a week.

I wonder how many people lie about these things when coming to donate blood .... :thinking:

As a person who is terribly afraid of needles, I have yet to actually donate blood. :shame: I've had blood drawn before, and it was absolutely terrible. I ended up crying because I was freaking out that much after the nurse had told me that they had to do it again because it didn't go right the first time. :bigcry:

Hey Nick, want to start a blood bank?

$280 a bag, we'll be the cheapest in town.

We just need to bake good cookies.

Although i think if you gave a slice of your pizza away we would do much better business.

Haha yes! we'll split the profits 70/30. I get 70 of course, being American and all it's my job to be greedy.

One of my best friends and I were planning on giving blood before but then we found out that he isnt allowed to give blood because he's gay :thinking:

I was wondering that earlier and that's just ridiculous.

Haha yes! we'll split the profits 70/30. I get 70 of course, being American and all it's my job to be greedy.

NO THAT'S BEING A JEW

/bad joke.

OK, so I missed a lot by not reading the thread first. Multi-quote time!

:heart:

Even if you do that here to my knowledge the hospital(most of them) sells it at around 400 a bag to the patients. So either way people are donating their blood and others are making a huge profit on it. Had a professor last year who talked about this all the time....

That seems so wrong. :sad:

Yeah. Age, weight and no important diseases. Here you can't donate if you have a tattoo for example.

I think that's also true here, although I'm not positive.

I think what it is in the US is that once you get a tattoo, you can't donate for a year.

-Google search-

Yeah, I just looked it up.

Red Cross Link.

I can't give blood in the US

because according to them I might have mad cow disease from living in Europe more than 5 years .....

Are you serious? Wow. The Red Cross needs all the blood they can get, I can't believe they would be so stupid like that.

I share my thoughts with NumbersGirl. That's ridiculous.

One of my best friends and I were planning on giving blood before but then we found out that he isnt allowed to give blood because he's gay :thinking:

D:

that's what might stop me from giving blood, i think my iron level might be too low.

i also checked the red cross link and i thought i wouldn't be able to because of the malaria risk but thankfully, it's not in the part of mexico i went to this past summer.