Portugal and Spain

Russia

Contenders for 2022

Qatar

USA

Australia

South Korea

Japan

my tip for 2018 is portugal and spain. bbc has all but ruined englands chances. for 2022 im obviously hoping for australia but it will most probably go to USA. as long as it doesnt go to Qatar i will be content.

what do you guys think? the announcement will made in Zurich at 1500GMT on Thursday.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

If the reasons FIFA delegates aren't voting for England is down to The Times and the BBC's investigations then it will only prove one thing - that FIFA are guilty as hell and will show this organisation to be nothing but an in denial, corrupt body running the worlds most famous sport. It's disgusting and the BBC and The Times had every right to reveal the corruption. For football sake England would be best placed to host the 2018 World Cup but I seriously doubt it now because of FIFA's immaturity, corruption and fickleness. Not surprising then that it is run by a bigoted, sexist hypocritical old fool. My goodness football is backwards.

Guest howyousawtheworld

For 2022 I'd love to see Australia as they've never hosted it before and their hosting of the Sydney Olympics and the 2003 Rugby World Cup was phenomenal. They'd really make the FIFA World Cup something special.

Belgium and Holland FTW !!!

I'd love to see them winning it, but my bet goes to Portugal and Spain.

For 2022 I think the best choice is Australia, but think Qatar takes it, since FIFA has been hosting some events at the Middle East.

I'm also guessing Uruguay takes 2030, 'cause it'll be the 100th Anniversary of World Cup and the first one was hosted there.

Guest howyousawtheworld

For 2022 I think the best choice is Australia, but think Qatar takes it, since FIFA has been hosting some events at the Middle East.

I'm also guessing Uruguay takes 2030, 'cause it'll be the 100th Anniversary of World Cup and the first one was hosted there.

All these distant dates makes me cack myself. I'll be 40 in 2030!

but they won't win. :dozey:

Having it in Qatar would be weird, if they win the stadiums they build will become white elephants after the tournament. Would love it if Japan or Korea got it again or Australia sorely for the selfish reason that it would be nearer for me from where i am at.

Awww, why not Detroit? We had the Superbowl here a few years ago

I'm not sure you can use American Football pitches for football :rolleyes:

(that's kind of like the World Cup for American football).

No, that'd the final of the American Cup of American football. :dozey:

Awww, why not Detroit? We had the Superbowl here a few years ago (that's kind of like the World Cup for American football).

They have a list of considered venues here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_2022_FIFA_World_Cup_bid

Ford Field was rejected. Probably because the lions suck and would be a poor advertising point. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure you can use American Football pitches for football :rolleyes:

All the venues will be converted American Football stadiums. Was the same case in 1994.

^^^Ah, I though they'd only use 4 arenas, but that seems more logical. Is that a map of loactions of eligable areans or locations of arenas that they'd use?

Those are the locations they're sending FIFA but I suppose there's room for switching around IF we end up getting 2022. I'm really excited about Nashville, though who knows where I'll be living in 2022..

great to see all the support for Australia 2022 but unfortunately money speaks louder than words. in terms of revenue and ticket sales australia will generate the least amount of money but i know for a fact that we will put on the best show just like we did in Sydney in 2000.

if Qatar gets it, it will be an absolute disgrace! it will prove how little FIFA care about the game itself and how heavily influenced they are by money. i wouldnt mind USA getting it because they have put the best case forward. Japan would be "cool" i guess but it's too soon for them to host it again.

Interesting. If the USA gets it in 2022, the sport might actually be really popular with most adults here by, say, 2030. :dozey:

That would be awesome for the sport. USA is the only G7 country that doesn't have football as its most popular sport (well, there's also Canada, but if it gets popular in EUA, it'll be also popular in Canada, so two birds with one stone :lol:).