✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

World Cup 2018 and 2022

deaths_friend

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Australia would've been a bad choice. USA had it recently so I don't see why they should host it again, especially as they're not huge lovers of the game. Korea and Japan had it recently so they're out. Qatar will surprise people.

Russia is a big ass country that deserves to host it. I personally wanted Spain/Portugal, but its all good.

I love Qatar its so amazing!!:wacky:

it'll be really awesome to see the country again :mellow:

It would've been so awesome if it was here ! :awesome:

In Belgium and Netherlands ...

England would be okay too :nice:

BUT F*CKING RUSSIA ? :o :angry:

And QAtar ?

It's f*cking 40 degrees celcius there !

How will they ever play ?

What about the 'green sports'

they will use air conditioning !

How ludicrous ! :o

I know I'm a girl , but really this is such a bullshit, England should've won !

Hey! i don't understand why are you so rude to Russia?? i am from it, it's not very polite of you to write this.

Our government is planning to build 16 new stadiums in the near future and to make different improvement. we are very hospitable and always try to make you feel comfortable in our country. speaking about the temperature, we normally have 25-30 degrees, only this summer was an exception (we didnt have 40 degr for 50 years) because of the fires.

i think russia will do a perfectly good job of 2018. russia is one of the biggest, most politically influential countries in the world and the world cup being the biggest sporting event in the world it is only fitting that they host it one day.

but i completely understand the animosity felt by the english, the UK is the "motherland" of football and to go almost 70yrs without having a world cup there doesnt seem right. but this is the world game, and there are a lot of countries in the world who feel that they deserve to host this great event for many different reasons.

but in 50yrs time when people look back at the history of the world cup, qatar 2022 will stick out like the sore thumb. how did such a small (and insignificant in the football world) nation host the biggest sporting event in the world. if they pull it off it will be spectacular, if they fail fifa will have egg all over their faces.

Oh who cares that England didn't get it, it's hardly surprising is it we sent a balding inbred, a Tony Blair clone who thinks if he does lots of gestures with his hands we will all find him super intelligent and an ex footballer/style icon shallow celeb as our ambassadors, what would Wills,Cameron and Beckham do if they presented thier bid to you, I bet I would be asleep in under a minute listening to them drone on in thier boring monotone. The Country is broke, were shit at Football, the BBC revalations probably didn't help, I don't know why anyone thought we were going to win it in the first place.

The sooner England stops deluding itself when it comes to anything to do with Football, the better.

Hey! i don't understand why are you so rude to Russia?? i am from it, it's not very polite of you to write this.

It's nothing personal. Your country has Boris Berezovsky, Roman Abramovich et al., and, you know, "something is rotten in the state of Russia" :P

Oh who cares that England didn't get it, it's hardly surprising is it we sent a balding inbred, a Tony Blair clone who thinks if he does lots of gestures with his hands we will all find him super intelligent and an ex footballer/style icon shallow celeb as our ambassadors, what would Wills,Cameron and Beckham do if they presented thier bid to you, I bet I would be asleep in under a minute listening to them drone on in thier boring monotone. The Country is broke, were shit at Football, the BBC revalations probably didn't help, I don't know why anyone thought we were going to win it in the first place.

The sooner England stops deluding itself when it comes to anything to do with Football, the better.

:laugh3: Brilliant.

Oh my :lol:

.jpeg

Qatar World Cup 2022 could be played in JANUARY!

FIFA IS set for a head-on confrontation with Europe's big clubs as it emerged the 2022 World Cup could be played in JANUARY.

With the Qatari summer guaranteeing temperatures of 50 degrees plus in the desert, proposals are already being floated that could see the tournament moved to the winter. While Qatar has promised 12 spectacular and air-conditioned stadia will be built, at a cost of billions, for the first World Cup in the Middle East, the problems of training facilities has brought up the prospect of a date switch.

FIFA's own technical report cited the potential danger to players if they tried to perform under the searing desert sun. With a 32-team tournament, the idea of the competing nations merely utilising the stadium facilities is impossible for scheduling reasons, with up to four matches being played each day and conflicting demands for the best training time slots.

But in January, temperatures "dip" to a more modest average high of 22 degrees Celsius, dropping to 12 or 13 degrees C at night, with even the prospect of some modest rainfall, which would allow training to take place outdoors. A FIFA source said: "We have always held our tournaments in the summer months before but we must think about what is best for the players."

And a move to a winter tournament in 2022 risks all-out war from the big clubs.

While Germany does have a long winter break, the rests in Spain and Italy are much shorter, while of course the Premier League plays throughout the whole winter.

Major leagues will be outraged at being disrupted for the World Cup, especially as FIFA would be likely to impose a minimum two-week preparation period for national sides ahead of the tournament.

That could lead to huge uproar and indignation, matching that as the awards of the 2018 World Cup to Russia and the subsequent tournament to the 113th-ranked nation in world football, half the size of Wales and which has never qualified for the Finals.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/