✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

World Cup 2018 and 2022

deaths_friend

''At least we still have the Ashes!'' - BBC News

Oh yeah, because we all love cricket...

It should be a laugh having the 2022 World Cup in Qutar though:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgri9eFfE38&feature=fvst]YouTube - The Biggest Football miss in History Uzbekistan vs Qatar 16/11/2010[/ame]

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

It's just what John Seargent said on tonight's BBC Question Time. The corrupt organisation has given it to the corrupt country. They go hand in hand so they make a great couple.

Quite frankly FIFA can burn. Disgusting organisation running the world's most popular sport. How, you will ask, has that been allowed to happen?

Sepp Blatter is the Robert Mugabe of football.

It's just what John Seargent said on tonight's BBC Question Time. The corrupt organisation has given it to the corrupt country. They go hand in hand so they make a great couple.

Quite frankly FIFA can burn. Disgusting organisation running the world's most popular sport. How, you will ask, has that been allowed to happen?

Sepp Blatter is the Robert Mugabe of football.

And clearly FIFA should be renamed "THIEFA"!!:rolleyes:

Australia would've been a bad choice. USA had it recently so I don't see why they should host it again, especially as they're not huge lovers of the game. Korea and Japan had it recently so they're out. Qatar will surprise people.

Russia is a big ass country that deserves to host it. I personally wanted Spain/Portugal, but its all good.

WHAT THE PAPERS SAY

THE GUARDIAN: FIFA executive committee members confirmed last night that the lingering backlash against the British media following explosive corruption allegations had counted against England and contributed to the bid team's humiliating defeat in the race to host the 2018 World Cup. Also: Barack Obama last night said that FIFA had made the ''wrong decision'' in awarding the 2022 World Cup to Qatar instead of the United States.

THE INDEPENDENT: The English team for the bid to host the 2018 World Cup finals were left fearing they had been victims of a fix last night after they earned just two votes from the FIFA executive committee in a crushing defeat to Russia that ended any hope of England hosting their first tournament since 1966.

DAILY STAR: England were told Russia had landed the 2018 World Cup bid 24 hours before decision day. Also: Russia admit they have to start work straight away after winning the right to host the 2018 World Cup...

THE SUN: The World Cup bidding process was branded a fix last night - as it emerged Russia knew the result 24 hours before it was announced.

_50279908_papres466.jpg

English media angry at Fifa World Cup voting 'fix'

The English media has reacted with anger after Fifa chose to award the 2018 World Cup to Russia, branding the voting process a 'fix'.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter called England's bid "excellent and remarkable", yet it was dumped out of the running in the first round after it attracted just two of the 22 votes on offer.

England's Fifa delegate Geoff Thompson was one, the other was believed to be Issa Hayatou from Cameroon, one of those named in an investigation into corruption within football's world governing body by the BBC's Panorama programme.

The Daily Mirror's front page headline is 'SOLD' as they ask how oil-rich Russia and Qatar could possibly have persuaded Fifa to give them the World Cup.

The Sun go with 'FIXED' while the Daily Star shouts 'WHAT A FIX'; the Daily Mail claims 'THEY LIED' and the Daily Express simply says 'HUMILIATED'.

The Times is slightly more reserved with 'End of the world for England', The Independent claim 'England fear foul play after World Cup humiliation' and the Guardian says 'Russia ends England's dream of hosting 2018 World Cup', while the Daily Telegraph believes it is a DISASTER handing the tournament to Russia and a DISGRACE that 2022 will be in Qatar.

England have only one friend in the world and he is Cameroon's Hayatou, the lone delegate to vote for their bid despite Panorama's allegations on Monday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/9253692.stm

Australia would've been a bad choice. USA had it recently so I don't see why they should host it again, especially as they're not huge lovers of the game. Korea and Japan had it recently so they're out. Qatar will surprise people.

Russia is a big ass country that deserves to host it. I personally wanted Spain/Portugal, but its all good.

My thoughts.

why would it have been a bad choice? cos we're not saturated with oily billionaires?

You all see it as Fifa chose them cause they're full of petroleum and oil. Maybe it's the case but even if it was, what's the big problem? It's in different countries than your traditional ones and it will allow both of these country to improve their economy and their way of life. I don't personally see it as a bad choice, it's even a good one. Qatar might be rich already with petroleum, but they all export it so the people isn't that rich. But THIS is gonna create jobs and increase the people's quality of life.

Qatar? Where the fuck is that even located? :/

It would've been nice to have it in the US, tho :disappointed:

Russia? RLY RLY

Look at your map, little Mexican redneck :kiss:

My thoughts.

Mine too.

EDITED: Except for the Australia part. :|

You all see it as Fifa chose them cause they're full of petroleum and oil. Maybe it's the case but even if it was, what's the big problem? It's in different countries than your traditional ones and it will allow both of these country to improve their economy and their way of life. I don't personally see it as a bad choice, it's even a good one. Qatar might be rich already with petroleum, but they all export it so the people isn't that rich. But THIS is gonna create jobs and increase the people's quality of life.

Guest howyousawtheworld

How the hell can Australia be a bad choice? They gave us a phenomenal Olympics in 2000, a truly thrilling Rugby World Cup in 2003 and heck even made the Commonwealth Games worth watching in 2006!

How the hell can Australia be a bad choice? They gave us a phenomenal Olympics in 2000, a truly thrilling Rugby World Cup in 2003 and heck even made the Commonwealth Games worth watching in 2006!

Exactly, they organized big sport events before so it's nice other countries have the chance to do it now.

I really can see Australia has a great potential to organize an amazing edition of World Cup. They had been hosting for multiple Summer Olympics and Commonwealth Games, and they have the governmental and people's support. Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide already have enough stadia for matches and all, and they need not to worry for the ticket selling too. Compared to Qatar, Australia already has the long-term legacy.

But, back to Qatar, just because it’s a Middle East country, doesn’t mean they can’t organize great events. Maybe they’re a little conservative, but it’s not that everyone will play on the desert or near the oasis or whatever. :| Yes, there might be a few problems, such as temperature and climate but since the participating teams are experienced and professional, it’s a fair game.

I wanted either Netherlands-Belgium or Portugal-Spain and Australia but I think any candidate nation is able to organize the event well though, that's why they're shortlisted. It's not a big matter. Just because England/USA lost doesn't mean WC 2018 and 2022 will be a failure. :)

Just my two cents. :shrug:

Now everyone, focus on the game performance, in order to win the tournament :whip: :P