Biffy Clyro

Kettercat

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Biffy_Clyro 3 minutes ago

On Tuesday 21st June Biffyclyro.com will host a live broadcast of highlights from the new DVD, 'Revolutions'. Details at http://t.co/euKDCLz

listening/watching party anyone? :)

i'm still trying to figure out what they mean about the #biffylive Twitter hashtags in relation to a virtual crowd. cos it doesn't just sound like they just want you to get #biffylive trending. (see here for details of the "virtual gig crowd" idea they have)

cool thing about this is i can plead work-related research! haha ;)

looks like someone managed to record 2 songs from the Berlin screening + acoustic session from up at the front! roll on 30 June!!! :D

hope they allow recording, tho i somehow think it isn't...but will try my best to. :P

edit: hang on...errr...how do i embed YouTube videos on here again? thought i did it right... :thinking:

:bomb: OMG so awesome!!! :bomb:

There are more videos where you can hear the audience sing with them!!! :dead:

Like here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRGTnfhtu3Q]YouTube - ‪Biffy Clyro The Captain Live @ Berlin Hackesche Ho?fe Kino DVD Screening & Akustik Session‬‏[/ame]

Oh noooooo, Kimmi, I wanna go with you. :bigcry:

Biffy ACOUSTIC.

You do know how lucky you are and how jealous I am, right? :kiss: :disappointed:

Oh noooooo, Kimmi, I wanna go with you. :bigcry:

Biffy ACOUSTIC.

You do know how lucky you are and how jealous I am, right? :kiss: :disappointed:

i know!!! & i still wish you could come with me as my +1!!! :(

there are actually ppl on the forum who were (or still) doubting that the London event is for real...whinging away about how suspect the email is, etc. some ppl need to have a bit more faith! jeez... :dozey:

& imo, as a hard rock kinda band, Biffy Clyro are REALLY good at doing acoustic songs... :bomb:

my tinset FINALLY arrived the night before the London event! & luckily for me, the UPS guy had left it with my neighbour...who was in when i came home! *phew*

1st thought upon unboxing: bloody hell! that's A LOT of confetti!

2nd thought (after rustling around the confetti in the tin & getting confetti all over my floor): ARGH!!! i have a piece of Simon's Strat!!! *spazz*

[ NOTE: this is solely based on 2 small chunks of wood, the bigger having a red front surface...the smaller is a black chunk. i.e. i *may* be wrong. :P ]

now...the London event! sorting thru the photos. have 2 videos...in an attempt to try & at least record the audio with some glimpses of the guys in between.

+ Hope For An Angel...played ACOUSTICALLY!!! *major spazz attack*

...totally unplanned for by the lads & all thanks to that legend of a guy who asked during the Q&A if they could possibly play it for his bro who was with him & has been a fan of theirs for 11 odd years & first saw them playing to crowds of 50 (i think...he could've been saying 15 tho) or so only. what an incredibly rare treat! :D

the setlist:

Little soldiers

Questions

Loneliness

Breather

A Whole Child Ago

{ Q&A Session }

Hope For An Angel :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:

& them ginger twins! i swear it's death by twinnage! XD

was at 3rd row on James' side (once again! & unintentionally once again!)

at some point during the Q&A Ben somehow noticed me pointing my camera towards them snapping away. he seemed to point right at me & my camera & smiled. :wacky: James turned his head & also looked right at me & gave a big smile :wacky: .........................& i totally fudged up both attempts to photograph them! :facepalm:

oh! & Ben has a lovely voice. he sang a wee bit of Lionel Richie's 'Hello' on his own when they were asked what song would they have liked to be their entrance/intro song, if given a choice. that got everyone laughing. especially following right after Simon's answer, which was some hardcore rock/metal sounding song, that i didn't quite catch the name of. *lol* :laugh3:

my videos...from last night... :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0MU1v3vDYc]Biffy Clyro - Little Soldiers (acoustic) -- London, 30 June 2011 [/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCPE5bkLfiA]Biffy Clyro - Hope For An Angel (acoustic)[/ame]

there's another one that's 19mins long, but it alternates between blackness/darkness & the lads...need to figure out how to either edit it or extract just the audio from it. :thinking:

Aaaah, took me almost a week to come here and comment...

Thanks so much for your review and the videos!!! :bomb:

:hug:

Glad you had a good time! :dance:

You know I wish I could've been there. :disappointed:

I didn't even have time to watch the DVD. :bigcry:

But I managed to listen to the CD while fixing a huge disco/mirror ball, it sounds awesome!!

And you were even there, too. /jealous

Next time together maybe? Would be awesome! xxx

Aaaah, took me almost a week to come here and comment...

Thanks so much for your review and the videos!!! :bomb:

:hug:

Glad you had a good time! :dance:

You know I wish I could've been there. :disappointed:

I didn't even have time to watch the DVD. :bigcry:

But I managed to listen to the CD while fixing a huge disco/mirror ball, it sounds awesome!!

And you were even there, too. /jealous

Next time together maybe? Would be awesome! xxx

awww...i wish you could've come over for it! :cry:

btw, i didn't see them at Wembley tho (if that's what you're saying there?)...but i'd bought the tinset anyway. for one thing, it's cheaper than the SP boxset.