✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Biffy Clyro

Kettercat

Thanks, Aurélie! :nice:

I'm still tempted to try if I can buy Biffy's single from amazon uk or something. :sneaky:

Did you see that Absolute Radio was also massively plugging Biffy Clyro's version? :dance:

I don't listen to Absolute Radio, for some obscur reason, their player bug everytime I'm trying to listen to it... So I listen to the french station OUI FM, they play Biffy often :D

I'm curious what impact that whole thing will have on the band's success.

"Old" fans were already moaning on their website about the success of the recent two albums and therefore people coming to their concerts because they liked Bubbles (and didn't know the rest) etc, don't want to imagine how it'll be now! :uhoh:

I'm curious about that too, but I guess it will be like for KOL: fans will be divided between the 'we-prefer-them-before-commercial-success-now-they-sell-out-so-they-suck' and the 'we-only-like-the-new-stuff'.... :shrug:

I don't really get those kind of reasonning... I mean maybe some people only come for the 'new' stuff but maybe by going to the gig, they'll discover their previous work (which is kinda the point of a gig btw) and become devoted fans or, in the worst case scenario, they will hate the gig, and never come back ('natural selection' XD), so it's a win-win for the band fanbase IMO...

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, thought briefly about buying nme in the shop today, but was put off by Liam Bloody Gallagher on the cover. Forgot Biffy were in it this week :facepalm:

Anyway, last minute push for UK singles sales - Let's Get Biffy Clyro's 'Many of Horror' to Number One for Christmas 2010 - any UK Biff fans, if you could buy MoH again (and again and again) that'd be brilliant :thumbsup: ta very much.

I've bought it three times this week :lol:

i haven't heard the single itself, only the version he performed in the final. his voice live even is kinda...well, not really the typical male vocalist's voice imo. on top of him singing at high pitches mostly. but i guess, for me, because i could see that it's a guy singing on the TV, i wouldn't mistake the singer for a female.

I think it's the single version.... :shrug:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVUb4WoWuE8]YouTube - Matt Cardle - When We Collide HD -- FREE DOWNLOAD -- X Factor Winner[/ame]

It's true at times, he kinda sound girly...It doesn't bother me but his interpretation is way too 'soft'... it lacks the passion the song requiered IMO.

MON THE BIFFY!

I was in the car listening to Radio 1 the other day and they were playing Biffy Clyro - Many of Horror and someone text in saying "Ugh, I cant believe someone has covered Matt Cardle's song already"

:|:facepalm:

I just hope they were taking the piss.

:facepalm:

Matt Cradle (?) responds to Biffy fans:

http://popdash.com/news/3149/matt-cardle-urges-biffy-clyro-fans-to-give-him-a-chance

Matt Cardle has said that he hopes Biffy Clyro fans will give him a chance, although he understands why they are annoyed by him covering their song 'Many Of Horror'.

Cardle's Christmas Number One single is a renamed cover version of the 2009 hit for Scottish rockers Biffy Clyro, their huge fanbase have reacted angrily to the decision for an X Factor winner to perform the song with many starting a Facebook campaign to get the original version back into the charts.

Speaking to the BBC, Matt said: "I've done a cover of a very credible song. I leapt at the chance to do it because it's not your average winner's song.

"It's not cheesy and I'm sorry if I've ruined it for people, but it's credible. I understand why there will be a backlash, but give me a break."

Sorry dude but your version IS cheesy and NOT credible... :dozey:

Still, Merry Biffmas anyway :cheesy:

+1

This called for Anna's vid where Simon wishes fans a Merry Christmas with kisses :heart:

http://www.toazted.co.uk/js/play-3580.js

There will be more merch stuff available soon!

http://www.biffyclyro.com/store.htm

I need more money. :bigcry:

*sigh* so do i... :(

but i already have a Biffy Clyro tee, actually. tho i don't see it on their merch web page. :confused: it's the "Officer" tee, but in grey with blue print instead of "honey".

+1

but there is not much tee for women :confused: I want the team biffy black one but it's male shaped :\

THINK OF YOUR FEMALE AUDIENCE BOYS :whip:

i find that most gig/band merch don't have much selection for girls, in general. but i'm luckily able to pull off wearing a Small guys' tee still.

A french blogger wrote about the X-factor/Biffy thing, here the translation in english (thx you google)

http://www.newwavehooker.com/2010/12/une-bonne-chanson-avec-du-marketing-est.html

the title could be translate by ' a good song with a little help from marketing becomes a better song..."

Unfortunately music has never been a sport. Whoever runs faster than the others, which is the strongest, do not necessarily win in the end. Super groups, great songs, there are plenty of spaces open rehearsals and the caves.Tout is always a matter of luck, meetings, opportunities, timing, marketing and more exposure. A little picture of what is going through Biffy Clyro, or rather their song Many Of Horror (When We Collide). Biffy Clyro is a cult for some, but always the underdog, making his career in the high average of the table, often second, never first.

last week in England, Matt Cardle the winner of X Factor has released his single "When We Collide" (small cut in the title in passing), taken surprise by Biffy Clyro. Here it is the first of the top, with 439,000 copies sold. The original had sold 40,000 when it was released ... and yes!

It's the same title but with a little reality TV, many updates, which appeared to be an honest piece some time ago became a hit today.

That's how the mere amateur, reality TV candidate will pull all the glory of this piece rather than those who composed, produced and released. Fortunately, the band was at least one check. But in music fame is often a beautiful reward money, and do recognize his talent is as important as the check.

Like what, a tube is very subjective, but with marketing, but hey, I do not teach you anything.

I often read this guy blog and I'm not surprised he wrote about this, he's a true music lover/defender...

Here's an interview with Ben and James

Ben and James from Biffy Clyro visit Undercover to chat to Andrew Tijs about touring with Muse, their thoughts on Matt Cardle winning X-Factor covering their song 'Many Of Horror', having an evolving sound, and their interesting choice of covers.

http://www.undercover.fm/videos/359-biffy-clyro-undercover-interviews

And while you're at it, check out this as well! (:heart:)

http://www.undercover.fm/videos/354-biffy-clyro-usessions

• 2 weeks later...

"What did you think of his (Cardle's) version?"

"Y'know, it's not as good as ours"

:lol: haha good answer Jimbo :thumbsup:

My kids gave me the Deluxe Only Revs for Christmas (not that I bought it myself and gave it to them to wrap for me or anything :shame:) and I was watching 'Voice and Electrical Noises' the other night, it's so funny, they're all so sweet together. The bit wth the theremin was hilarious :lol: