✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Biffy Clyro

Kettercat

Waaah that's so cute :D Is that Jimbo sitting down and Ben on the ground? They're almost unrecognisable.

James sitting and Ben lying (?)... :thinking:

BTW kiddiewinks have you voted Biffy for Best British Band and Best Live Band in the nme awards yet?

I have now :P

(I didn't, I voted Kasabian but that's beside the point.... :P )

:whip: how can you vote for Kashitian?!!! :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently they just won Best Live Act at the NME awards. This is good news for me because I just so happen to have tickets to their now-sold-out show in 6 days.

Also, I've listened to all their songs since I last posted, which was back when I was a Biffy newcomer. Still don't know most of their lyrics, so it's cram session time. :lol:

• 1 month later...

From http://www.teenagecancertrust.org/what-we-do/royal-albert-hall/2011/day-3-3/

My soundtrack

Simon Neil

What was the first single/album you bought?

Now 11 with Belinda Carlisle on it. Sweet.

Who was the first band you saw live?

The very first gig i went to with a friend was Metallica at the SECC in Glasgow.

What music/musician had the biggest influence on you as a teenager?

It would have to be Kurt Cobain and Nirvana. They made us realise we could play music too; we didn't have to be virtuosos.

In a film about your life – what would be your theme tune?

Radiohead, Idioteque.

What music do you find inspiring?

Red House Painters are always an inspiration.

Is there any song or piece of music that gives you comfort?

Oceansize Ornament/The Last Wrongs. One of the most satisfying pieces of music ever written.

What song never fails to cheer you up?

My Morning Jacket, Highly Suspicious.

When you were a teenager, what band did you want to be in and why?

I was never good enough but i would have loved to be in Guns'n'Roses.

Do you have a favourite album cover/artwork?

Tomahawk Mit Gas. Beautiful.

Is there a song or album that for you, represents ‘teenage angst’?

Nirvana's In Utero is dripping in angst.

James Johnston

The first single I bought was Kylie and Jason - 'Especially for You.' Not really a cool choice by any means, but I was eight at the time. The first album was 'use Your Illusion 1' by Guns 'N' Roses. What a great introduction to rock music!

Who was the first band you saw live?

The first band that I wanted to see was Rancid. I remember just being amazed at how intimidating it was being surrounded by so many angry people, at least that's what I thought then. Really everyone was having a great time, and I got such a rush from the energy in the room.

What music/musician had the biggest influence on you as a teenager?

Like most rock fans of my age Kurt Cobain was the biggest influence on us as teenagers. Musically he was a great antidote to some of the horrible music that was around at the time. He showed us that you didn't have to look a certain way or play a certain way, and he made people like us feel we could start a band. He, along with Nirvana almost singlehandedly managed to change the whole musical landscape.

In a film about your life – what would be your theme tune?

I'd go for 'Good Times Roll' by the Cars. It's a song that reminds me of growing up; it's just an absolute classic.

What music do you find inspiring?

I really get a lot out of great lyricists and beautiful song writers. I love Elliot Smith and Bright Eyes and people like Fleetwood Mac and the Beach Boys are hugely inspiring and will be for generations to come.

Is there any song or piece of music that gives you comfort?

There are probably many that give great comfort, the first that comes to mind is 'My Baby Just Cares For Me' by Nina Simone. The sound of the drums and piano is just so suggestive and the way her voice wraps round them is like velvet. I can always listen to that song again and again.

What song never fails to cheer you up?

'We built this city' by Starship. As soon it starts you're in a good mood. It's just so unashamed you've got to enjoy it.

When you were a teenager, what band did you want to be in and why?

I always thought it would have been pretty cool to be in Soundgarden. They were definitely one of my favourite bands and musically they were ahead of the game. They always had the best riffs and had a great knack of making really complex music sound seemingly simple.

Do you have a favourite album cover/artwork?

The body of work Storm Thorgerson has contributed to album artwork over the years is just staggering. Some of his most recognisable work was done with Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, but I would recommend anyone to have a look further. He really does have an ability to make the real appear unreal.

Is there a song or album that for you, represents ‘teenage angst’?

Rage Against The Machine, Killing In The Name. It may be an obvious choice, but it is one that has stuck around in our lives for many years. Everytime it was on in a club, the whole place would erupt with shouting in harmony. It’s a song that really get's you going, and has been passed from generation to generation as a rallying call against the masses.

c3fb10c79d6dcd90b7a9ab8678a600b2.jpg

208bec947596d0197ffaa8c3df5c840b.jpg

COOL!!! Thx for posting Anna :) Why Ben didn't do it? :/

maybe cos his answers were all the same as James? ;p (yeah, pretty lame...i know)

anyway, here's my mini review of their Teenage Cancer Trust gig:

the guys were awesome! & the party's definitely in the Standing Arena area! :dance: :dance: :dance: but i didn't have much of a choice this time since i was rushing over from work & was running late (on top of having forgotten my camera). so the Stall seat option worked out as the best option for me this time.

the atmosphere's pretty lacking in the Stall seats (comparing with my experience in the Standing area for their Bristol gig last year). depends a lot on the crowd around you in the RAH & i'm guessing there's a lot of corporate tickets for a charity event like Teenage Cancer Trust...so it was majorly annoying that my section was filled with people who just did not want to stand at all for most of the gig. :dozey: there was even 1 guy who actually got pissed at a girl for getting up to dance & made her sit back down! WTF! :confused: but it appeared to me like the guy's partner felt bad about his behaviour since she was up & dancing too beside him & i saw her grab the other girl encouraging her to stay up. eventually she abandoned the guy to go enjoy the gig standing & dancing around with that girl while he sat down for the entire gig very clearly sulking away! serves him right...party pooper! :P

& i am fairly sure i stuck out like a sore thumb being an Asian girl & the only one yelling out "Mon The Biff!" in my section. took a few shouts before 1 or 2 guys took to shouting it too at the break before their encore...jeez!!! :inquisitive:

my sis, on the other hand, lucked out. i had a good front view where i was, but she got Simon's side with the Stall ticket/seat i managed to get for her on short notice & he kept climbing the speakers/containers to face the crowd at the sides during their set. have to bug her before she leaves to see if she's got any good shots of him...tho she was complaining that cos he's in his long hair phase now, almost all her photos were of his sweat soaked hair rather than his face! :laugh3:

but at least she enjoyed Biffy Clyro's performance (she'd never heard any of their songs beyond The Captain, Mountains & "that song that the X-Factor guy covered" before that night). she thinks it's partly cos they have a similar sound to the Foo Fighters. :smug:

Thanks for your review, Kimmi!

Shame you forgot your camera but this way you could concentrate on the gig itself! :nice:

There are some great pics and videos posted in the Biffy thread on .mu!!!

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=44104&page=168

Ex:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z2nPSed-h8]YouTube - Biffy Clyro - Royal Albert Hall 23/03/2011 - Toys, Toys, Toys, Choke, Toys, Toys, Toys[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1WreBZRtig]YouTube - Biffy Clyro - Hope For An Angel (Royal Albert Hall 23/03/2010)[/ame]

5556471059_3e67aaf855.jpg

5556124191_831b5541ce.jpg

5558738315_634f44734c.jpg

5556538987_bdfface26d.jpg

P1040928a.jpg

P1050073a.jpg

^wow nice :cheesy:

The first single I bought was Kylie and Jason - 'Especially for You.' Not really a cool choice by any means, but I was eight at the time.

:lol: hahaha

oh btw there's another nice Biffy feature in this month's Q. :wacky:

:wideeyed: :awesome: It hadn't been sent to me yet. Looking forward to it!

I couldn't find scans of it but stumbled upon this interview:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcE0Mhvam0Y]YouTube - Biffy Clyro interview at Teenage Cancer Trust 2011[/ame]

Talking about the "different kinds of fans" (post-puzzle vs. pre-puzzle), X-Factor (agaaaaain), touring the US...

Thx Kimmi & Anna for review, pics, vids :kiss: It's so nice to hear that scottish accent again :D

5556471059_3e67aaf855.jpg

:blush: the lightning on that one is stunning! Really georgous shot! (but simon, please shave and cut your hair...)

oh btw there's another nice Biffy feature in this month's Q. :wacky:

Really?!!! :stunned: :dance: Come on Mr postman...HURRY!!!! :bomb:

:sneaky: :lol:

Aurélie, we need to find a way to make our brains share experiences... I'd say from current observations that we'd be a good match hahaha

So when we get this to work each one of us could be at one of the stages at Main Square and we wouldn't miss a thing this way. :laugh4:

Seriously though, if only there was a way to be at 2 places simultanously. :bomb:

A couple of metres would be enough!

:wacky: dunno about shaving but he definately needs to give that beard a trim. Unless he's delibrately going for the castaway look ;) Actually back to the Q article, he mentions something about the beard making him look older, without it he looks like "a wee boy" and his wife wants a real man :laugh1:

(tbh I'm not quite sure how this woman can possibly complain about anything - girl, you are Simon Neil's wife, everything else is invalid ! ;) /fangirlyness )

And there's a funny quote about the twins's hair -

"I got the hair, yeah" says James "The ginger hair. Ben was quite happy about that growing up. Now he's started to lose his I think he's probably a bit pissed off"

:sneaky: :lol:

Aurélie, we need to find a way to make our brains share experiences... I'd say from current observations that we'd be a good match hahaha

So when we get this to work each one of us could be at one of the stages at Main Square and we wouldn't miss a thing this way. :laugh4:

Seriously though, if only there was a way to be at 2 places simultanously. :bomb:

A couple of metres would be enough!

:laugh3: *sending mental vibes*

:

(tbh I'm not quite sure how this woman can possibly complain about anything - girl, you are Simon Neil's wife, everything else is invalid ! ;) /fangirlyness )

:lol: +1

Didn't know that Simon was playing in the upcoming HBO serie Game of Thrones...

khal-drogo.jpg

:D

---->

If you want I can post a link to dl their contribution in the MM thread. :)

That would be fab :kiss:

EDIT: OMG Aurélie!! :laugh4:
:lol: They kinda look alike right?! (minus the make-up and giant muscles XD)

something i managed to take a photo of inside the RAH...

scaled.php?tn=0&server=616&filename=15nae.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

...when i went back again on Saturday for the Editors gig, i noticed that this photo has since been signed by the guys! :D

(if you really must know, the guys are posing with haggis, tatties & some other Scottish food item that i can't remember the name of now...yum! :P)

Oh thank you for the link :D And I discovered the Biffy DL thread btw :blush: I'm always late :lol: but really thank you :)

Thx :kiss: I really like the song they played! (again, accoustic really suits them!)

^I agree! I liked the song too and they are really good in accoustic as well :heart::wacky:

Thx :kiss: I really like the song they played! (again, accoustic really suits them!)

yes! totally agree! :D

& Anna, you're an angel for putting those d/ls up! :hug:

I saw it this morning on your twitter, great shot! RAH has the best tastes for pictures...gL, now Biffy :heart:

the Biffy photo is apparently part of a music & food artwork exhibition at the RAH. they got singers/bands to pose with food so there's all kinds of photos of others like Franz Ferdinand & Noel Gallagher (his is really English! Yorkshire tea bags spilling out of a guitar case!) posing with meat pies, a pasta dish, marmite toast...really adorkable stuff! :lol: pity you can only see the photos when you're inside the RAH's corridors.

Love that pic, that made me LOL big time!!

Look what they just tweeted!

dvd teaser anybody...?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRx6MGnb6Aw]YouTube - Biffy Clyro "Many of Horror" live at Wembley[/ame]

:awesome: :bomb: :dance:

• 1 month later...

^you were right!

Biffy Clyro to release live album next month

Biffy Clyro have announced details of their first ever live album which will be released on June 27.

The CD and DVD collection, titled Revolutions // Live At Wembley, was recorded at the band's sold out show in London on December 4, 2010. The DVD also includes a bonus documentary of last year's T In The Park show.

Other formats include a two-CD/DVD set and a collector's edition metal box, which will also include an A5 tour programme, a printed set list, a poster, stickers and Biffy Clyro show confetti. Fans who purchase the metal box directly through http://www.biffyclyro.com will also receive a smashed part of an instrument or part of the stage set from the tour.

To celebrate the release of Revolutions // Live At Wembley, fans will be offered the opportunity to view the concert film at two special cinema screenings. The first will take place at the Edinburgh Picture House on June 29 and London's Odeon West End the following evening. The London screening will also feature an acoustic session by the band.

http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2011/05/biffy_clyro_to_release_live_al.html