✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Biffy Clyro

Kettercat

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YouTube - Matt Cardle - Many Of Horror (When We Collide) - X Factor Final 2010[/url]

I don't know if I'm crying tears of pain, sadness or just pure anger.... that's just... :facepalm: WHY??? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY do this to Biffy?!!!!!!! They transformed this beautiful, full of 'guts' song into some mellowish-soapie shit....(yes, I say SHIT!). My ears are bleeding. I wonder what the boys will think of that butchering...!

Biffy did a great job with a Cheryl Cole's cover

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOWyvy48ed8]YouTube - Biffy Clyro - Fight For This Love (Cheryl Cole Cover)[/ame]

Biffy 1 - Simon EVIL Cowell -12000000000

^Woah, that was up quick.

24 likes, 27 dislikes :laugh3: haha, the comments are funny :lol:

:lol: Yeah, I've been reading the comments too.

I have no idea why they've called it "When we Collide" though.

I don't know if I'm crying tears of pain, sadness or just pure anger.... that's just... :facepalm: WHY??? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY do this to Biffy?!!!!!!! They transformed this beautiful, full of 'guts' song into some mellowish-soapie shit....(yes, I say SHIT!). My ears are bleeding. I wonder what the boys will think of that butchering...!

Biffy did a great job with a Cheryl Cole's cover

Biffy 1 - Simon EVIL Cowell -12000000000

Yes!

I love Biffy's cover of this. :wacky:

I have no idea why they've called it "When we Collide" though.

maybe for not mistaken Biffy version with this s***?!! Well, do not worry guys, if your ears bleed, it's X-factor version!

I love Biffy's cover of this. :wacky:

They do amazing covers!! The Justin Timberlake one is fab :awesome: just as the Rage against the machine one!

The only good thing is that:

1 - Biffy get more well known

2 - Biffy gets more money :)

1-I'm not sure Biffy wants to get known with this awefull cover that's ruining their song... :dozey:

2-I'm not sure they're interested by more money (they said themselves they could care less about that)...especally when it's coming from THAT shit!

maybe for not mistaken Biffy version with this s***?!! Well, do not worry guys, if your ears bleed, it's X-factor version!

Hopefully.

They do amazing covers!! The Justin Timberlake one is fab :awesome: just as the Rage against the machine one!

Inorite. They make awful songs sound great. Like Umbrella too. :D

The only good thing is that:

1 - Biffy get more well known

2 - Biffy gets more money :)

Yeah was what I was thinking. This will probably get them back into the charts. :wacky:

Inorite. They make awful songs sound great. Like Umbrella too. :D

+10000000

They can turn shit into gold because they have TALENT! (right, you X-factor joke! :whip: )

This will be a single??? :sick: :bigcry:

Yep... :dozey: :facepalm: again WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!!! :bigcry: they ruined my favorite Biffy song!!

Ok, let just erase this awefullness with some amazingness....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHlyxtJWflg]YouTube - Biffy Clyro - Know Your Quarry[/ame]

*Simon's wee dance* XDD

Like I know this is a pointless argument cos this place seems to be full of real people who like real music n shit, but who the fuck's he to say that his real music and the people who listen to his real music are in any way better or more worthy or more important than people who listen to Robbie?

Biffy dude who said that X Factor isn't a threat to 'real music' is a knob.

If you'd read that article you'd have seen that he was actually being quite tolerant of xfactor and shows like that, he wasn't slagging it off. :shrug:

That said, it's not a threat to real music at all, cos the x factor is a singing contest, full stop, it isn't a songwriting or performing competition, so in essence whatever they churn out from these shows isn't on the same level as a band like Biffy that write, play and record their own stuff.

That said, it's not a threat to real music at all, cos the x factor is a singing contest, full stop, it isn't a songwriting or performing competition, so in essence whatever they churn out from these shows isn't on the same level as a band like Biffy that write, play and record their own stuff.

Can someone please tell me what real music is?

I only just read this page, so I'm being quite presumptuous in saying this, but it should be pretty obvious anyway.

When an indie fan or journalist resorts to the phrase 'real music' they are basically referring to (Possibly without even realising it) music that is still listened to through some form of time, for example, do you think as many people have listened to Alexandra Burke's "Hallelujah" compared to Jeff Buckley's this week, or even Cohens? Yes Burke's version probably sold bucketloads, as a result of 3 months of hype and mainstream musics annual orgasm of the X-Factors Christmas no.1. "Real music" in indie terms is basically music that has a genuine following because of interest in the song in itself as opposed to the hype around it, and you probably know that, stop pretending to be so naive.

So well done, you are impartial, you see music all as one being.

I only just read this page, so I'm being quite presumptuous in saying this, but it should be pretty obvious anyway.

When an indie fan or journalist resorts to the phrase 'real music' they are basically referring to (Possibly without even realising it) music that is still listened to through some form of time, for example, do you think as many people have listened to Alexandra Burke's "Hallelujah" compared to Jeff Buckley's this week, or even Cohens? Yes Burke's version probably sold bucketloads, as a result of 3 months of hype and mainstream musics annual orgasm of the X-Factors Christmas no.1. "Real music" in indie terms is basically music that has a genuine following because of interest in the song in itself as opposed to the hype around it, and you probably know that, stop pretending to be so naive.

So well done, you are impartial, you see music all as one being.

I'm not pretending to be naive. I'm genuinely interested to know what people think real music is, cos the truth is, there is no such thing as real music. It surely follows that if music isn't real then it's fake. Right? So how do you decide which music people genuinely like because of an interest in the song itself, and which music people like because of the hype around it? Is Beyonce's "Single Ladies" real? How about "Viva La Vida"?

No, like I said, that's the opinion of what the typical Indie hardcore music-fan tard who feels they need to refer us to what is 'real music' is. Personally I couldn't give a fuck about what is or isn't real music, I'm just aware that 'real music' to Indie fans is what isn't Simon Cowell's Pop X-Factor Idol Britains Got the X-Factor 'bullshit'. I just don't see why you care apart from focussing on the negative.

Like that article you posted by that sad person who has Biffy tattoos, the reality is that barely any X-Factor fans will be aware of who Biffy Clyro is, and if they care enough to find out, they won't care enough in a month to go to a gig or buy the CD. But that 'reasonable' blogger actually wants Biffy to get incredible recognition just so they can show off how they got there first, and in the most smug manner, can look down on those who will allegedly jump on the bandwagon.

I'm not pretending to be naive. I'm genuinely interested to know what people think real music is, cos the truth is, there is no such thing as real music. It surely follows that if music isn't real then it's fake. Right? So how do you decide which music people genuinely like because of an interest in the song itself, and which music people like because of the hype around it? Is Beyonce's "Single Ladies" real? How about "Viva La Vida"?

i'm sure you should know that music tastes are very varied, personal & subjective. so this argument could go on for bloody ages...

but i don't think he was even referring to his band's genre of music being "real music" when he made that comment. imo, he was just saying that, at the end of the day, we watch The X-Factor for the non-musical entertainment watching the judges "bicker" amongst themselves about their contenders & the snide remarks thrown around & not for the singing talent or quality & being able to talk (or bitch) about last week's X-Factor to our friends, families, co-workers. the show itself unashamedly runs like one big marketing vehicle for record labels to promote an artist/bands' new/upcoming album/single. the contestants/winners' popularity are almost always only relevant to the period during & shortly after the series airs. with the possible exception of boy bands who make the finals, most of these singing contest reality show winners/finalists very rarely get to enjoy success beyond a year. let alone anything as lasting as Beyonce, Coldplay, Bon Jovi, Rihanna or Take That's careers. & ultimately, these contestants basically spent their entire time on the series singing songs already recorded & released by someone else rather than doing original material & being told by their "mentors" what to do each week. only Cher came close to being a bit more original with her rapping/singing mashup style. but even then she appeals more to a niche market & Simon Cowell is really looking for someone who's got mainstream appeal to complement the boy band he's already grooming (One Direction).

going back to the Biffy Clyro selling out to X-Factor & Matt's cover, & i personally don't have anything against Matt Cardle (in fact, i think he is a Biffy fan too...or at least a fan of the original song itself), but i thought his performance was off for the final given that i think he is one of the better singers on the current series. regretfully he didn't do the song any justice & to have to hear Louis Walsh enthusiastically refer to it as an "adult contemporary song"! now THAT's "many a horror"... :P

& i am *really* curious as to why the song had to be re-titled to 'When We Collide', which according to Matt in a newspaper interview today was the show management's idea. there was already no mention at all of Biffy Clyro or any indication during the introduction for Matt's single that it is a cover song. so i'm fairly sure that in terms of recognition of the band & their song, this is very likely going to play out like how Snow Patrol's 'Run' is now widely mistaken to be "originally a Leona Lewis song", especially outside of the UK. in this sense, i think it's an injustice to Biffy Clyro as it seems like The X-Factor is trying to sneak this one out as a perceived original song from Matt.

oh & i'm now even more convinced that the show's fixed despite what they want to say in the papers each time this issue gets brought up. depending on what survives the editing room to be aired on the Top of the Pops Christmas special. :thinking:

Thanks, Aurélie! :nice:

I'm still tempted to try if I can buy Biffy's single from amazon uk or something. :sneaky:

Did you see that Absolute Radio was also massively plugging Biffy Clyro's version? :dance:

I'm curious what impact that whole thing will have on the band's success.

"Old" fans were already moaning on their website about the success of the recent two albums and therefore people coming to their concerts because they liked Bubbles (and didn't know the rest) etc, don't want to imagine how it'll be now! :uhoh: