✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Biffy Clyro

Kettercat

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was that your first time seeing Biffy Clyro live, Anna? :dance:

& yes! they're mental! the crowd at their gigs are also mental...but a really fun & great lot! :D

Yes it was!

Sorry for the late reply.

I've only listened to the song (Bubbles) they included on that .mp3 .zip file you could download on .mu before the gigs. :embarrassed:

Must say that I liked the music but together with the sight of them it was a bit much for me, especially the hip movements. :laugh4:

A few more hours of sleep before and I would've enjoyed it more...

Everyone was taking out balloons and writing "Mon de Biff" on them or something.

What does it mean? :thinking:

I found this on the Muse board.

It's an article about Muse's 2nd night Wembley gig in the new NME.

It features a review by Simon Neil, so I thought I'd post it here :wacky:

Here it is:

th_P1040627.jpg

th_P1040626.jpg

Thank you! :kiss:

i know this is a Biffy thread & that's a MUSE staging, but i'm gonna say it anyway:

WHOA!!! that is one helluva awesome looking stage setup (that big video box thingy above the stage proper)!!! :stunned:

^ I know right? :awesome: it looks even more amazing when you are actually there! It also has an "all seeing eye" at the top of it which is rather creepy :lol:
Oh that stage is awesome!

At the Paris gig I paid more attnetion to the things they projected on there, not so much at Wembley because I already knew it but they showed some really cool animations. :awesome:

And yes!!!! The creepy eye!!! :lol:

Here are a few of my pics:

r9h1d3.jpg

x3tky0.jpg

2qu2jw5.jpg

nyiarm.jpg

EDIT: great, that today tinypic decides to not continue their service. :dozey:

Yes it was!

Sorry for the late reply.

I've only listened to the song (Bubbles) they included on that .mp3 .zip file you could download on .mu before the gigs. :embarrassed:

Must say that I liked the music but together with the sight of them it was a bit much for me, especially the hip movements. :laugh4:

A few more hours of sleep before and I would've enjoyed it more...

Everyone was taking out balloons and writing "Mon de Biff" on them or something.

What does it mean? :thinking:

hahaha...i suppose by "the sight of them" you mean them 3 shirtless, tattoo covered & sweaty Scottish guys rocking away? :laugh3: they seem to really love playing shirtless! in Bristol it was an indoor music hall, but Simon & Ben were shirtless while James kept his shirt on throughout. :P

& "Mon the Biff" or "Mon the Biffy" is the fans' chant for the band...no idea where it came from, but it's kinda like a rallying chant. & it sounds cool anyway. heh

for a more precise explanation of what it means: Mon The Biff - A Scots Thing (it's explained in the last question in the interview)

got to know abt them coz of the download on .mu and i loved them

have been going through their songs on youtube and really like the way Simon Neil sings (and looks without a shirt :sneaky:)

can some1 guide me wht album is the best as an introduction to Biffy Clyro so i can buy it listen to them

haha...Anna! gotta love the Scottish (& Irish too, for me!) accent, eh? ;)

i'm more of a fan of David Tennant's Scottish accent myself...i'd say Ewan MacGregor's too, except he actually doesn't have a very strong accent. :wacky:

@nouratan: you might wanna work backwards from Only Revolutions if you're more familiar with their recent hits - the stuff that made them more popular this year, like Bubbles, Machines, The Captain. then go on to Puzzles. that's what i did anyway. i haven't gotten their earlier albums beyond Puzzles, but i've heard it's a different/heavier sound from the Only Revolutions album sound.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm finally listening to Only Revolutions.

Can't say I love all of the songs (some are too heavy to like after a first listen) but overall I like it!

I heard "God & Satan" on Absolute Radio yesterday and that was the point that made me get the album... over 5 weeks after seeing them and wanting to do it. :shame:

• 2 weeks later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSwtX3zZS54]YouTube - Biffy Clyro - Reading 2010 (1 of 3)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q51ryDOwuV4]YouTube - Biffy Clyro - Reading 2010 (2 of 3)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4xnXosZTFY&feature=related]YouTube - Biffy Clyro - Reading 2010 (3 of 3)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt8qb32GcgA]YouTube - Biffy Clyro's Simon Neil - the blonde bombshell![/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FbzF2BbDLs]YouTube - Leeds Festival 2010 - Biffy Clyro Walk Onto Main Stage[/ame]

i guess it's a good thing the original colour's starting to grow out... :P

oh! & Anna, i made a mistake on Twitter the other day (& your MM link reminded me of it)...it's their cover of Love & Sex & Magic that Jo Whiley was teasing the guys about looking really embarrassed singing the lyrics! haha bless them! :wacky:

(age is catching up with me...my memory's bad...especially for stuff that i saw ages ago. haha)

& i think i'm pretty sure that i love their cover of that Cheryl Cole song much better than the original...

[ame=

]
[/ame]

^Oooooooo I shall d/load that ta very much :thumbsup:

haha Simon's beard is still so wrong :lol:

tumblr_lb3sqcEi9b1qdor50o1_500.jpg

You're welcome! :nice:

And I kinda like the blond hair as well. :uhoh:

He said in an Absolute Radio interview that his wife forgave him. :lol:

i guess it's a good thing the original colour's starting to grow out... :P

oh! & Anna, i made a mistake on Twitter the other day (& your MM link reminded me of it)...it's their cover of Love & Sex & Magic that Jo Whiley was teasing the guys about looking really embarrassed singing the lyrics! haha bless them! :wacky:

(age is catching up with me...my memory's bad...especially for stuff that i saw ages ago. haha)

& i think i'm pretty sure that i love their cover of that Cheryl Cole song much better than the original...

I've watched a *couple* :P of videos in the past days and all their performances are so great!

I agree, that Cheryl Cole cover is cool!!

And they said at the beginning of the cover of Love & Sex & Magic "This song is called Love & Sex & Magic ... and we're lovely, sexual and magic" :lol:

I'm trying to get Imke into them but she was so disturbed by their set at Wembley that she hasn't listened to the songs yet. :disappointed:

I'll divide my Biffy-talking-urge between here and the Muse board then haha.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7apg_WGi_w]YouTube - Biffy Clyro @ Maida Vale - Born on a horse & Bubbles[/ame]

I pronounce it aluminium coz there's an i next to the u and m... :awesome: :laugh3: