✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Biffy Clyro

Kettercat

AHhhh that's the tatoo guy he was telling Jo Whiley about when he explained his tatoos :blush: the new Da Vinci ones are gorgeous!

The second pic is adorable, his "kind, smiling eyes" are so outstanding!

+10000000000

I've added Simon (and co) on my 'care bear rockers' list :D

Have you seen the video for "The Captain" yet?

Seriously Anna, do you really think I hadn't see THAT one :rolleyes: :sneaky: (Pirate's Orlando Bloom looks like an endive near Simon :laugh3: ) And I think I tweeted it a few days ago... :thinking:

But I found vintage Biffy... (they look so young!)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRrtP3ILJDU]YouTube - Justboy[/ame]

Oh, there's a thread in the Biffy forum where they are sharing radio session recordings (more acoutic stuff! :dead:), when I find working links I'll share them here... haven't fond time yet to look through it properly.

:awesome: please DO!!! :kiss:

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:l

Might even create a thread for them in Non-CP-MM, they deserve it! :sneaky:

Simon says: yeah we do!

Biffy-Clyronew.jpg

:D

--edit-------

@Anna: did you see he's got a new tatoo under the gun (lyrics or a poem?) and it's in GERMAN :stunned:

DSC07184.JPG

@ your edit: no I didn't! :stunned:

I'm not a big fan of tattoos so didn't really look at them.

Now I'm curious what it says tho :lol:

This has just been posted on the Biffy Forum:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEzUrTR1sMk]YouTube - Biffy Cliro - Free Record Shop Interview - Pinkpop 2010[/ame]

They could talk for hours if it was up to me. :wacky:

And here's another nice version of Folding Stars:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJlL3h0yp9U]YouTube - Biffy Clyro "Folding Stars" Acoustic live in California[/ame]

^Good Lord, I'm surprised he's got any room left for more tattoos :stunned:

Now he will have to tatoo the PG rated section.... :lol:

I'm not a big fan of tattoos so didn't really look at them.

Depends on how it's done... I love tribals ones or the japanese ones (you know like the ones Yakuzas have and that look like almost like a 'clothe'...). But I'm way to afraid of needles to do one... I'd love a quote on my ankle but I'm such a wuss :facepalm:

This has just been posted on the Biffy Forum:

YouTube - Biffy Cliro - Free Record Shop Interview - Pinkpop 2010

They could talk for hours if it was up to me. :wacky:

This accent :wacky: I love the fakely shock 'we're not as important as Green day?!' :laugh3: But this ITV reminded me how perfect Simon used to look like... :drunk: and now it's all :facepalm:

And here's another nice version of Folding Stars:

Beautiful :cry: I red somewhere though that they weren't playing it anymore cause it was too painful for Simon... :thinking: (btw, I've noticed thx to Anna's link that he's got 'Elenore' tatooted under his belly button... :bigcry: ) Puzzle is so full of her...

I've got days off for the 11th november, so I'm gonna catch up with their earlier stuff! *resolution mode on*

OMG, listen to this!

:heart:

This version brought tears in my eyes....Simon's voice is cracking up at one moment it's heartbreaking.... :cry: And it's Ben singing on the second chorus right?? He has a lovely voice, he should do solos more...!

I have tried to resist the pain

but now I'm all alone

:hug:

--edit to your edit----------

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :awesome: :dance:

Oh right, awwww sad :( I never really noticed these songs being about death tho...:dozey: :shrug:

Some are not as explicite as Machines but when you know it, it gives a different feeling of those songs and it's just :bigcry:

I'm always reading the lyrics (need it since english is not my first language and add the scottish accent...I really need it :lol: ), I'm going on 'songmeaning.com' so it helps I guess :shrug:

/Bump..

I've just found the cutest pic ever :heart:

biffyk10.jpg

love those guys.

why hasn't anyone pointed this out yet? (or maybe it's just me being weird...)

BEN WITH HAIR!!! :stunned:

'nuff sed. :P

^Good Lord, I'm surprised he's got any room left for more tattoos :stunned:

he's actually admitted on an interview that he is running out of space for tattoos already... :lol:

which reminds me...going back to that same interview...

BEHOLD!!! the amazing footballing/guitar playing skills of Simon Neill!!! :cool:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

BEN WITH HAIR!!! :stunned:

:laugh3:

which reminds me...going back to that same interview...

BEHOLD!!! the amazing footballing/guitar playing skills of Simon Neill!!! :cool:

I saw that one!! AWESOME!!! (but did Simon said he wanted to be a footballer as a kid :D )

btw, I've listened to the ITVs/acoustic sessions Anna put on the new Biffy MM thread, and the ITVs are really nice!! On one, the 'Ben-put-pijamas-under-his-jeans' make a return :laugh3: And I didn't know they were doing some martial arts :cool:

But I will say this once again: THEY ARE TOO AMAZING IN ACOUSTIC!!! :bomb: Wish they'll do an accoustic tour one day...would be awesome!! The Rage against the machine cover is just mindblowing! It's the first time actually that I pay attention to the lyrics of this song....

(reminder, the original

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkuOAY-S6OY]YouTube - RATM -Killing in the name - official video[/ame]

turned into Biffy magical hands into....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIqBwavdlJ0]YouTube - Biffy Clyro - Killing In The Name (Rage Against The Machine) - Live Lounge[/ame]

:awesome: :heart: I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!

Aurélie, after you mentioned the tattoo in German I searched a bit on the Forum.

It's a poem by Bertholt Brecht:

"In den finsteren Zeiten

Wird da auch gesungen werden?

Da wird auch gesungen werden.

Von den finsteren Zeiten"

-->

"In the dark times

Will there be sung?

There will be sung as well.

Of the dark times"

Found the answer in a thread about Simon's tattoos... loved this short reply the most: "They all present a subliminal message, close to meaning "fanboy"." :laugh4:

(Well, not in this case but when you watch the Live Lounge video where he expalins some of them this person's comment seems suitable!)

THANKS for the digging Anna (and translation, my german is *hum* all forgotten...)!!! Nice poem ^^ (bigLOL at the tatoo comment....but kinda true XD)

I've just recevied my copy of the XFM 1000 songs of all time and there a bunch of Biffy songs in it :awesome: (this book seems ace btw, great pics and paper but it's a mini-encyclopedia (weight wise XD)) I'll tell you all what's said about their songs when I'll five minutes to read it :)

Thanks, that'd be awesome!

I've just finished watching "Voice and electrical noises" on my DVD player... couldn't watch it on my laptop for some reason :thinking: but now I'm listening to the album on full volume in my room on the good hi-fi system. :awesome:

I need to watch it again! "IS THAT NOT UNHEAVY ENOUGH?" :lol:

Loved everything about it, too many hilarious and awesome things to mention them all...

This was funny for example:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuG4GNgrH8Q]YouTube - Biffy Clyro - Simon playing a Theremin (Video from the DVD "Voice And Electrical Noises")[/ame]

Thanks, that'd be awesome!

I'll take pics with my camera, it will be easier! *will do tonight*

but now I'm listening to the album on full volume in my room on the good hi-fi system. :awesome:

that's the best! I love my hi-fi system, it's always on :lol:

I need to watch it again! "IS THAT NOT UNHEAVY ENOUGH?" :lol:

+10000

Loved everything about it, too many hilarious and awesome things to mention them all...

YouTube - Biffy Clyro - Simon playing a Theremin (Video from the DVD "Voice And Electrical Noises")

Ahhhhh that's called 'theremin'?!! I wondered what it was called!!! that's so weird! :stunned: :lol:

Ahhhhh that's called 'theremin'?!! I wondered what it was called!!! that's so weird! :stunned: :lol:
I've seen those things before but didn't know what they're called either. :laugh4:

It's so funny that it seems to "whistle" at him like :wink3: when he walks past!

Will do some more digging for acoustic stuff later! :escaping3:

It's so funny that it seems to "whistle" at him like :wink3: when he walks past!

:lol: good point!

Here the pics of the pages dedicated to Biffy (there is a quote of Simon at the beginning of the book: "XFM has always delivered some brilliant music and this book is no exception. It's an honour to be included in it". )

p1040158f.jpg

p1040159.jpg

p1040154z.jpg

Humm...now I wonder what that 'golden rule' is... :thinking: :sneaky:

enjoy!!

YouTube - Biffy Clyro - Simon playing a Theremin (Video from the DVD "Voice And Electrical Noises")

heehee those dvd clips are funny. They put Kasabian to shame with the amount of swearing they do :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlhpkAgCPxU]YouTube - Biffy Clyro (Voice & Electrical Noises)[/ame]

Thanks for the pics!!! :kiss: :hug:

I wanna know the golden rule, too! :thinking:

The book's font is great, I had it in my PC as well from DaFont but can't remember its name. :bomb:

Edit: "Birth of a hero"!!! found it! :dance: *reinstalled*

It says "free for personal use"... I wonder if they asked the guy who made it. :thinking:

You're welcome :) I've started reading the book, all my favorites bands are in there :awesome:

@Paula: bigLOL about the swearing XDD But they're scottish so... :rolleyes: (btw, Kashitian's got 3 pages on the book)

Hello fellow top posters! :kiss:

I've just ordered a limited edition version of Puzzle! :dance:

And two of their other albums... Amazon UK is simply too cheap in comparison to Germany. :uhoh:

So looking forward to the discies! :awesome:

Here are two "making of" videos, the first one is funny and you can see Simon's arms covered in mosquito bites rather than tattoos. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDNw9GTjytA]YouTube - The Making of the Biffy Clyro video "My Recovery Injection"[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGvgJBJMk-A]YouTube - Biffy Clyro: Making Of Folding Stars[/ame]

I've just ordered a limited edition version of Puzzle! :dance:

And two of their other albums... Amazon UK is simply too cheap in comparison to Germany. :uhoh:

Cool!!! But I prefer play.com to amazon. It works the same (new and used item cheap) BUT the delivery is FREE :awesome: This site is causing my ruin actually... :shame:

Here are two "making of" videos, the first one is funny and you can see Simon's arms covered in mosquito bites rather than tattoos. :lol:

YouTube - The Making of the Biffy Clyro video "My Recovery Injection"

So many things to point out!!

-the hair on Ben!

-the shorts :facepalm:

-Simon's mosquito bites (remind me of last summer where I was covered by them :dozey: )

-the barbie girl who can't pronounce the band's name :facepalm:

Already saw that one but Simon's contacts just freaks me out!

Thx for the vids Anna :kiss: