✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[7-July-2011] Coldplay @ BBK Live, Bilbao, Spain

coldplay12

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buenos dias desde Bilbao

just quick a update since as far as I could understand they didn't stream the gig (boooooooo). The setlist was the same as Glasto (finally got Shiver :heart:), the crowd was amazing, and the band was on top form.

Oh we saw Xabi Alonso getting in vip queue for the taxi :P

the concert was amaaaaaaazing! they know how to make a brilliant live! perfect percet perfect.

In eitbs.com website there is one video of the show.....so i guess they recorded the concert.......and i want to watch it ....sooo......im going to call them in a few hours....cos i want to know if they are going to show the concert other day ok?

i let you know :D

Hi Leire, thanks for your input. I hope you enjoyed it so much.

I suppose the concerts was recorded by EITB but yesterday they were not allowed to broadcast it. Maybe in the future they can do it...let's see what happens.

Anyway, lucky you yesterday!!

What do you think about the new songs? Charlie Brown is more than amazing..don't you think?

Buenos dias desde Bilbao

just quick a update since as far as I could understand they didn't stream the gig (boooooooo). The setlist was the same as Glasto (finally got Shiver :heart:), the crowd was amazing, and the band was on top form.

Oh we saw Xabi Alonso getting in vip queue for the taxi :P

Soooo happy for you!!

i know you all know this but im still amazed......they have an impecable live! not all the ppl can do this! great great great show!

Will champion is god by the way....lol

(ps:i just send an email to eitb.com to know when are going to share the concert :P)

What do you think about the new songs? Charlie Brown is more than amazing..don't you think?

Loveeeeeeee it

but im not objetive...i like everything they make :P

Well, at last I can write a little review of the concert!!! It was amazing. The guys went on time and the crowd was in the best mood. I was in the 5th row and I it was my first Coldplay gig; as you can imagine I was flipping out. They did a great great concert, the sound was perfect, the guys were on fire and the crowd was extremely excited. I was in front of Guy, and man...he was playing like a God!!! Chris was very happy and said some words in Euskera and was jumping all around the stage all the ttime. Will, what can I say? A M A Z I N G, he always do his best in GPASUYF; this song sounds incredibly well live, as well as Yellow, In my place, The scientist, Viva la Vida...The guys applauded the public twice, even Guy seemed very touched. When they were saying goodbye, Jonny dedicate some smiles to the first row. As I said before, they are amazing in their albums, but they sound equally well live. I can't wait till they release the new album!!!

Jonny dedicate some smiles to the first row.

It was to me and my friend, he saw our banner for Shiver at the beginning and the Italian flag, I'm glad to know we didn't dream it :wacky:

There was another coldplayer beside us, completely forgot her nickname, sorry, and that was her first Coldplay gig :nice:

Hope I can post some pics tomorrow when I get home, didn't record any video because I didn't know they cancelled the streaming

It was to me and my friend, he saw our banner for Shiver at the beginning and the Italian flag, I'm glad to know we didn't dream it :wacky:
:dance: :dance: :dance: So happy for you!! :kiss:

I'm still not over Arras... :disappointed:

There was another coldplayer beside us, completely forgot her nickname, sorry, and that was her first Coldplay gig :nice:

Hope I can post some pics tomorrow when I get home, didn't record any video because I didn't know they cancelled the streaming

:D

Great !

Did they play Shiver for you ? :charming:

Ok .. I was back from Bilbao yesterday night .. I will quickly share my emotions now (as i am at work :( ).. though i promise either me or my friend, who was with me at Coldplay gig, will upload the picutres and the videos and write good review later in the day...

Don´t know where to start from .. I love the band more then ever now .. everytime i watch their live, i can´t wait for another one. We got first row, between Chris´and Jonny michrophone. People start lining up early in the morning, even though they were playing around 11pm and there were 6 concerts before them. Poor Blondie, during their performance on stage 2, people were struggling to take more or less good spots at Coldplay´s stage. that´s why later on Chris dedicated the song - Evrything´s not lost to Blondie-- ) that was funny.

this was amazing show .. i respect the band more and more, as i see that they are putting lots of effort in doing an amazing show. Every band during the festival took around 45 minutes to prepare the stage (sounchecks weere done before opening the gates), but Coldplay Crew during one hour and half was working on stage non-stop. Compared to them, every other show was so so simple, pale and lifeless.

During the concert Guy looked at us several times ..ooh, we almost freaked out :)) That´s because we were holding our CP flag and singing continually, even between the songs. I think Crowd was amazing, at least, people around me welcomed every song with huge noise, moreover Guy gave an applause several times to crowd ...

AND YES, CHRIS dedicated his smile to me and my friend and he gave us Thumbs up twice .... ooh, that was soo sweet of him

There were so many camera men during CP show and that´s so sad that i can´t find even one photo or video from them.. I was hoping so much to find myself and my friend in the vids and pictures (ya, with our flag we attracted the attention of journalists)

:dance: :dance: :dance: So happy for you!! :kiss:

I'm still not over Arras... :disappointed:

I know perfectly how it feels, I'm glad I decided to do both, because after Venice and Arras I was really really let down and I think I let out my feelings very well at the end of the gig in France. Try to think about Pinkpop, at least that one was good :hug:

:D

Great !

Did they play Shiver for you ? :charming:

I wish :lol:

No, it was already on the setlist (there was a security guy in front of us checking his setlist and I could see what was written :P), even though I knew they were going to play it I basically had the same reaction as when Bono got on stage during the war child gig, and that's saying something, it's so so epic full band

Still haven't sorted anything from last week, but here's 4 pics from the gig

261928_10150227476941179_627276178_7756763_1999495_n.jpg

261928_10150227476951179_627276178_7756764_8023274_n.jpg

261928_10150227476956179_627276178_7756765_7190534_n.jpg

261928_10150227476961179_627276178_7756766_3271968_n.jpg

Whoever is Interested, look what i received from EITB (Bilbao, Basque country television & radio) to my question, where to get the videos of Coldplay at BBK live festival

"EITB tiene previsto emitir algunos conciertos del BBK Live en su canal ETB-3 en otoño, hacia finales de setiembre o principios de octubre. Tan sólo tenemos derechos de emisión de los conciertos, no de reproducción ni de difusión de ningún material. Tampoco tenemos previsto incluir más material audiovisual del BBK en nuestra web. "

I am not fluent in Spanish, but mainly what they say is that they gonna air the concert in the end of September (or beg. of October) on ETB 3 channel. Till then they are not allowed to distribute any material from the festival .. So Spanish people out there, i would appreciate if you could somehow manage to watch and record it .. that would be sooooo nice of you