✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Buckland Religion~Official Thread

BlissfullyMuse

http://www.observer.com/2008/real-estate/coldplay-guitarist-jonny-buckland-buys-3-4-m-condo-21-astor[/url]

jonny1.PNG

Coldplay is a band so spectacularly mediocre that not even Brian Eno, practically the best producer on Earth, could have saved their last album, Viva La Vida, from being both bland and pompous. But they're also so spectacularly mediocre that the album sold more downloads than any in the history of digital sales--all in two weeks.

And that means they get to live well.

According to city records, guitarist Jonny Buckland (whose name, bless his soul, is spelled like that on the deed) just paid $3.4 million for a condo at Astor Place, a 116-year-old commercial building that was converted into 50 luxury loft condos. According to the listing, which calls the apartment "an opportunity for a true connoisseur," the place has 2,107 square feet, five rooms, two bedrooms, and two (and a half) bathrooms. More to come in tomorrow's Observer...

Interesting (I can't quite believe I have just seen Jonny's bedroom!! :P) but wow - is it just me or does it feel a bit wrong that newspapers publish actual addresses for celebs... It must be a bit creepy for him and also for his fiance too. It would make me feel a bit unsafe. That level of info isn't really necessary - just putting the area would have been enough for the purpose of the article. I hope they are in a secure block... :confused:

Interesting (I can't quite believe I have just seen Jonny's bedroom!! :P) but wow - is it just me or does it feel a bit wrong that newspapers publish actual addresses for celebs... It must be a bit creepy for him and also for his fiance too. It would make me feel a bit unsafe. That level of info isn't really necessary - just putting the area would have been enough for the purpose of the article. I hope they are in a secure block... :confused:

it is secure the building has a doorman so it is not like u can bust all up in there you know

Hey they have some listed for $1.4M....maybe we could all pool our money and move in next door. :P

Yeah, what Mich said: I'm in!!!!!!!:D

HEY!!!!!!!! THIS IS JUST A RUMOR! :P Unless you have proof, he is not engaged. But I do agree giving out the address is wrong.

Got tickets for both Sydney dates on Jonny's side :dance:

Weeeeeeeee! Are you brining anyone with you??:wink3:

3058848295ec6ca5b763jz3.jpg

He's teasing us like he might take off that cap but never does :bigcry:

How about he keeps his cap but takes off his shirt? :wink3:

Weeeeeeeee! Are you brining anyone with you??:wink3:

No cute guy, if you were curious :P

I'm by myself :( But it doesn't matter, I'm going to see Jonny :dance:

How about he keeps his cap but takes off his shirt? :wink3:

:wideeyed:

What Lori said :D

^ I'm sure we could get jobs in NYC. :D

I don't mind being part of the apartment cleaning crew :lol:

HEY!!!!!!!! THIS IS JUST A RUMOR! :P Unless you have proof, he is not engaged. But I do agree giving out the address is wrong.

I was just going by what the girl 'Sanderside' said (I think it was her ID name). She said they were engaged when she wrote about meeting Jonny. She was the one who went to the Toronto concert with Chloe (girlfriend/fiance - whichever!). She had some kind of family connection to them. There was a photo of her backstage with Jonny and she said she had met Violet earlier before the concert. I assumed she would know if she was hanging out with them. But no, I don't have anymore proof than that - I just assumed :)

I agree. They shouldn't have posted the address. It just seems wrong.