🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Buckland Religion~Official Thread

BlissfullyMuse

I concur with that agreement.

What originally struck me about Buckland's style was how he rarely ever used power chords. This was a stark contrast from my early experience with bands like green day, when power chord riffs account for 95% of their songs. Especially in parachutes, Jonny's riffs consist more of individually picked notes, or unique chords (don't panic, shiver, spies, yellow, trouble, high speed etc.). With some rare exceptions, his stubborn refusal to submit to easy fifths carries over into each album.

In parachutes his signature sound was clean reverb, AROBTTH was u2-esque light distortion, X&Y was futuristic...and even if he's no virtuoso, his arrangements are always refreshing and melodic.

I agree on EVERYTHING you said up there ^^ and now I see your point :D

yes, I think all of them should improvise a little live, especialy johnny, like in the a rush of blood to the head era, I think the negative stuff that Eno brought was that, if you see glastonbury 2002 or live 2003 you'll see Jonny improvises a lot (or maybe I just love too much a rush of blood to the head), he used a lot of effects and cool sounds, but Eno did not care much about them wanting to perform live, or relying too much on their musicianship

very good points. and even his slide-solos in AROBTTH tour were amazing, he should do those more

I concur with that agreement.

What originally struck me about Buckland's style was how he rarely ever used power chords. This was a stark contrast from my early experience with bands like green day, when power chord riffs account for 95% of their songs. Especially in parachutes, Jonny's riffs consist more of individually picked notes, or unique chords (don't panic, shiver, spies, yellow, trouble, high speed etc.). With some rare exceptions, his stubborn refusal to submit to easy fifths carries over into each album.

In parachutes his signature sound was clean reverb, AROBTTH was u2-esque light distortion, X&Y was futuristic...and even if he's no virtuoso, his arrangements are always refreshing and melodic.

yeah, I can't think if many times he uses power chords. the ending of LIJ comes to mind, when that final layered distorted guitar comes in, but on the entirety of the album they are quite rare.

much unlike Green Day and other punk bands who rely mainly on distorted power chords for fill

^ I've got to agree with everything that has been said so far.

I can't describe it in that many words and with such sophistication, but I really admire his skill in writing riffs and creating melodious, atmospheric music.

Now, sometimes when I hear full-blown, high-pitched and high-speed solos from other bands, I just get a headache :lol:

^ I've got to agree with everything that has been said so far.

I can't describe it in that many words and with such sophistication, but I really admire his skill in writing riffs and creating melodious, atmospheric music.

Now, sometimes when I hear full-blown, high-pitched and high-speed solos from other bands, I just get a headache :lol:

:laugh3:

I'm going to Metallica this tuesday. :ears:

Hello! I have just realized that Jonny isn't Guy:stunned: and so I've come here to escape my embarrassing thread and the tauntings of fellow coldplayers.

So, I'm looking for a good picture of Jonny to draw and I guess this is the place to ask. Can you guys help me out by any chance?

Hello! I have just realized that Jonny isn't Guy:stunned: and so I've come here to escape my embarrassing thread and the tauntings of fellow coldplayers.

So, I'm looking for a good picture of Jonny to draw and I guess this is the place to ask. Can you guys help me out by any chance?

This is the right place for pictures of lovely Jonny!

151102.jpg

Jonny0127.jpg45_G.jpg

coldplay-jon11.jpg

jonnybigger6ze.jpg

sweetiejonny.jpg

cj7.jpg

spinjonrn9.jpg

jb1.jpg

wtau75.jpg