✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I HATE NEW ZEALAND BANDS

Italian Plastic

so yeah :angry:

The Naked and Famous were interviewed on BBC recently, this is what they said

BBC: What was it like when Young Blood hit number one at home?

Aaron Short: It was absurd! Setting aside a couple of Pop Idol things, that hadn’t happened to a homegrown band for 16 years, or something ridiculous like that. It was a huge deal, especially because we’d been doing everything on our own terms – self-made, self-produced, self-funded.

First thing

this Pop idol statement is ridiculous. Most singles that reach number one ARE from new zealand bands/artists not winners of New Zealand Idol or whatever (which hasn't run since 2007 or something). Even right now, the highest New Zealand artist on the charts here is Avalance City at number 3, a folk pop BAND. And a few weeks ago, guess what? this Avalanche city song was at number one. I have no idea what the fuck aaron was trying to say...

:angry:

Second thing, the worst thing.

"self made, self produced, self funded"

In 2008 they recieved :veryangry: FUCKING $105,000 :veryangry: from NZ On Air. Which is taxpayers money.

"How are NZ taxpayers supposed to feel about funding a band for $100,000+ and then effectively being written out of their success story? Considering that we’ve all heard of local artists that struggle to get funding, it’s unjust to say the least when someone like this implies that the money was their own, or that they made it to a certain point without the help of anyone else."

It's ridiculous. Why would you say something like that. They also failed to mention that in 2008 their old label paid for them to go over to the US for CMJ...AND recently they recieved $10,000 from the New Zealand music Commission to go over to the US AGAIN.

I hate this. There are heaps of amazing bands in New Zealand that deserve promotion and airplay overseas but just can't get it because they don't recieve funding.

UGH

yeah my opinion is a little biased as i just genuinely hate their music but this is just crazy.

:angry: :veryangry: :angry: :veryangry: :angry: :veryangry: :angry: :veryangry: :angry: :veryangry: :angry: :veryangry: :angry: :veryangry: :angry: :veryangry:

• 10 months later...

EVERYBODY! POST KIWI BANDS!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fbjnEUC4qo&feature=fvst]Split Enz - I Got You - True Colours (1980)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9gKyRmic20&ob=av3e]Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House (1986)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsLISr-L-as]Crowded House - Saturday Sun - Intriguer (2010)[/ame]

lol Neil Finn is the only guy I know. :P