✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[8-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ FNB Stadium, Johannesburg, South Africa [FILMING PART OF PARADISE VIDEO]

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing : it's such a deeply touching story :hug:

Je vous en prie:) This is what it's all about in the end.

The highlight of the evening came when Coldplay dedicated a song to Colby and his brother, Keegan. “They called out our names and told the audience that the song Fix You was dedicated to us.

My problems are nothing compared to this family but I would cry my heart out if Coldplay did this for my family.

Je vous en prie:) This is what it's all about in the end.

:nice:

The highlight of the evening came when Coldplay dedicated a song to Colby and his brother, Keegan. “They called out our names and told the audience that the song Fix You was dedicated to us.

My problems are nothing compared to this family but I would cry my heart out if Coldplay did this for my family.

It's really kind from Coldplay to give hope or make a dream come true :blush: Simple as that... there is so much pain in the World... :embarrassed:

So lovely of them. I remember reading a while ago that the boy's mom was trying to get in contact with Coldplay about getting one of Will's drumsticks, so I was so pleased when Chris said "this one is for our friend Colby" when they started playing 'Fix You'.

The reason I don't have Chris and Johnny bobbing around in the elephant heads:

rockingoutt.gif

erm about the heads

Africa?

Yeah, I guess we'll find out

All we know for now is that they filmed in the desert and in Soccer City

Wonderful!!!!! I am happy you had such a great time :)

God bless you

One Love :)

OK, I've just flown home from the Joburg concert, and I am still speechless. I queued from 1pm, and got to the barrier near the end of the ramp. I was completely blown away. I'm not sure what I was expecting from this concert, but the band surpassed every expectation I could have ever had. It was absolutely phenomenal and without a doubt the best live concert I have ever seen. I plan to write a blog post about it later, and I'll post the link here, along with photo's.

The elephant heads were absolutely hilarious, and i have a video of part of it, which I will try to upload as well. I heard complaints about the sound, but from where I was, it was perfect.

I don't have the order of the setlist right, but the songs were:

MX/Hurts Like Heaven

Yellow

In My Place

The Scientist

Lost!

Violet Hill

Viva La Vida

Politik

The Hardest Part (acoustic)

Til Kingdom Come (acoustic)

Major Minus

Charlie Brown

Paradise (and video shoot)

Shiver

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Life Is For Living

Encore:

Clocks

Rehab/Fix You

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Also, there were two pianos, the painted one was on the main part of the stage, and another plain one was at the end of the ramp, and was used for The Hardest Part and Til Kingdom Come, when Will played it for a bit.

You are ADORABLE!!! Thank you for your amazing funny cute and natural "depiction" of the concert :) I felt like I was with you :) You made my heart smile and I am so happy you had such a wonderful time.

I tried to post a comment on your blog but couldn't so I'm doing it here.

God bless you.

One Love.

Giant teddy bear hugs.

Gaël.

OK, I wrote about my own experience last night, it's a bit long, so the actual convert review starts about halfway down, if anyone wants to read it: http://thefangirldiaries.blogspot.com/2011/10/coldplay-concert-in-johannesburg-south.html

That up there is my arm trying to do a 'live long and prosper' from trekk

If anyone else saw that..

Anyways-- move videos :DD

Almost done with, but uploading is SA is.. slow.. and editing

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfiQvPr5Ujc]Coldplay (Live-JHB 2011) [Part 3] - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6wgQaR5LCA]Coldplay (Live-JHB 2011) [Part 4] - YouTube[/ame]

You are ADORABLE!!! Thank you for your amazing funny cute and natural "depiction" of the concert :) I felt like I was with you :) You made my heart smile and I am so happy you had such a wonderful time.

I tried to post a comment on your blog but couldn't so I'm doing it here.

God bless you.

One Love.

Giant teddy bear hugs.

Gaël.

Thank you so much! :)

For SA fans, Coldplay will be interviewed on Top Billing tomorrow night, on SABC3.

Here's a little preview of the interview:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHqqwakjph0]Coldplay on Top Billing - YouTube[/ame]

posted here too! (just so they don't need to log into MM to view the preview when I tweet it :)

Top Billing interview:

The interview was with Will and Guy, they just spoke about how nice it was to come to SA and be able to sell out the stadiums, also said that they filmed the Paradise video at a reserve that was home to some cheetahs, a few hours from Cape Town. Also said that the new album experiments with a whole lot of different genres. The presenter/interviewer raved about how great the two SA shows were :)

• 3 weeks later...

Coldplay-062.jpg?t=20111109041028

Coldplay Roadtrip 2011

Dare I say… that the Coldplay… concert was better than U2. I wasn’t the only one of this opinion after speaking to people after the concert on the train back and on Twitter the next day.

Four of us from Durban made a roadtrip to Johannesburg, straight to Park Station where we boarded the train to Soweto and FNB Stadium. It was a long 6 hour drive but rest stops and the thought of seeing Coldplay live!

Getting a parking at Park Station was crazy. The security staff was turning away cars. My friend said just drive through you will get a parking. We did and we got.

The train ride was easy and not busy at all. I guess most people took earlier trains. As we got nearer to FNB Stadium we could see the traffic building up on the roads. The Johannesburg International Motor Show was also happening at the same time and that didn’t help the traffic congestion.

Walking to the stadium was an amazing experience. This was the first time I saw the Calabash up close. It was impressive! I still like the design of Moses Mabhida Stadium back home and think it’s the best.

People were still milling around outside getting drinks and food when the opening act the Parlotones started playing. This must be the largest crowd the Khan and his band have ever played to. I might be wrong but the stadium attendance that day was 66 000.

The great thing about watching an established and big band like Coldplay is that you can sing along to nearly every song they performed. And they enthralled the crowd with plenty of their popular songs.

The highlight of the show was when these huge colored balloons were released into the crowd. It reminded me of the Sony bouncy balls TV advert. What a scene it created! There were also plenty of fireworks and other pyrotechnics!

Close to the end of the show, Chris Martin who kept communicating with the crowd asked us if we wanted to be in their latest music video. Of course the crowd agreed immediately! So at the end of Paradise, for one minute, Chris and his band adorned huge elephant heads and performed. I’m looking forward to see how it came out in the video!

My favorite songs performed were Yellow, The Scientist, Viva La Vida and Fix You. The crowds were still singing the chorus to Viva La Vida when they were leaving the stadium heading back to the trains. It was an experience many will be talking about for a long time and many will regret missing out.

http://technorati.com/entertainment/music/article/coldplay-roadtrip-2011/#ixzz1dESRhJIa