✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

UK: On-the-spot fines for dangerous drivers

Might be something in the water in this area which causes 4x4 drivers to be prats.

Must be a pretty big area, then!:P

Some wardens are target seeking prats whom would ticket for any reason

As are some police.:dozey:

As are some police.:dozey:

TRUE. I wish more cops would just worry about keeping people safe, rather than harassing innocent people.

Also... there's a TV show in the US called 'Parking Wars'. It films Parking Police as they go about their day, handing innocent people tickets and getting in altercations with people who have done nothing wrong.

Once, I saw a guy give a ticket to a disabled man who clearly needed to park as close as possible to the store...and he was only in there for 5 minutes. But of course, he was such an evil person and deserved to pay a $50 fine for harming no one.

Also... there's a TV show in the US called 'Parking Wars'. It films Parking Police as they go about their day, handing innocent people tickets and getting in altercations with people who have done nothing wrong.

Brand new episode in 2 minutes... :awesome:

:laugh3: It's a police state here, I tells ya! :laugh3::policeman:

Just try and drive around with an old car with "cop magnets" on it once - then you'll know what I'm talking about! Add to that, the budget shortfall means agencies try to make up the loss of revenues in other "creative" ways.

You'll never catch me, copper! :shifty:

Okay so back to the original story, I guess it's not clear to me what the current policy is. Right now in the UK, do the police just give notifications that violators have to appear in court, and that's it? Currently there's no price tag attached to it?

Okay so back to the original story, I guess it's not clear to me what the current policy is. Right now in the UK, do the police just give notifications that violators have to appear in court, and that's it? Currently there's no price tag attached to it?

There are currently "fixed penalty tickets" only for certain offences, such as speeding, not wearing a seatbelt, or using a mobile phone while driving. The "dangerous driving" offences mentioned in the article have to be reported as things stand.;)

So you would prefer the wardens to quit the jobs and live off the dole?

Some wardens are target seeking prats whom would ticket for any reason, but some are nice people who do a good job at stopping ze idiots from parking on DYL on the side of the road "as they will only be 10 minutes".

No, I think for about 90% of the ones in London I would prefer they died a slow horrible death, it's true you do get some decent and fair ones but probably about 1 in 100 here.

It's a good idea in theory, take some of the most common offences away from the overworked courts and into the fixed-penalty notices. But like the mobile-phone ban it won't be enforced much outside of cities as front-line traffic officers numbers have been reduced due to budget cuts.