✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

UK: On-the-spot fines for dangerous drivers

Police are to be given new powers to fine careless drivers on the spot, rather than taking them to court. Motorists who tailgate, undertake or cut up other vehicles could face fines of up to a hundred pounds. Motorists who make a genuine mistake will be offered help to improve their driving.

Previously bad drivers would have had to be taken to courts, at great expense to the taxpayers. It is hoped the new measure will lead to a reduction in traffic offences. The new laws were introduced today by Transport Secretary Philip Hammond and are expected to come into force next year.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XJqywgyUDI]YouTube - On-the-spot fines for dangerous drivers[/ame]

If it came to the stage where it was the law then you would.

No, I wouldn't, like a great deal of people seem to do now I would simply drive a Forigen registered car and ignore it. I can't really see the Government being retarded enough to introduce any such prejudiced laws against 4x4s at any rate.

I wouldn't pay mine, prejudiced much?.

On how 4x4 NEVER pull over on country lanes, even when the passing places are on their side of the road.

4x4 used for going off-road by farmers are okay as they need the 4 wheel drive.

I hate parking fines, I usually tend to give traffic wardens a tirade of abuse whenever I see one in the hope of goading them into a career change, quite a common thing in London.

You should do the same to police officers...

Oh wait, they'll throw you in a cage if you question their authority.

CartmanAuthoritah.jpg

On how 4x4 NEVER pull over on country lanes, even when the passing places are on their side of the road.

Correct. There is no need for the vast majority of people to have one of those. They've just become a "fashion statement".:dozey:

You should do the same to police officers...

Oh wait, they'll throw you in a cage if you question their authority.

CartmanAuthoritah.jpg

:laugh3: at Cartmen to be fair most Police Officers here are pretty fair and do a decent job, the thing is if Traffic Wardens in London were ever actually reasonable then people wouldn't be so hard on them, if they act like complete ****s and piss off countless people then they have to be thick skinned enough to deal with being insulted.

So people shouldn't be free to choose what car they want to drive?, it made me laugh during the snow when they were actually appealing for people with 4x4s to help, while as soon as the weather got better start slagging them off again, not every 4x4 is driven badly and selfishly.

So people shouldn't be free to choose what car they want to drive?, it made me laugh during the snow when they were actually appealing for people with 4x4s to help, while as soon as the weather got better start slagging them off again, not every 4x4 is driven badly and selfishly.

Might be something in the water in this area which causes 4x4 drivers to be prats.

I hate parking fines, I usually tend to give traffic wardens a tirade of abuse whenever I see one in the hope of goading them into a career change, quite a common thing in London.

So you would prefer the wardens to quit the jobs and live off the dole?

Some wardens are target seeking prats whom would ticket for any reason, but some are nice people who do a good job at stopping ze idiots from parking on DYL on the side of the road "as they will only be 10 minutes".

:laugh3: at Cartmen to be fair most Police Officers here are pretty fair and do a decent job, the thing is if Traffic Wardens in London were ever actually reasonable then people wouldn't be so hard on them, if they act like complete ****s and piss off countless people then they have to be thick skinned enough to deal with being insulted.

Traffic wardens wouldn't be given such a hard time if they weren't so over-zealous, lying in wait ready to claim their next "victim".:dozey: