✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaah, I know it's sampled now but this makes me really sad.

In my own little world I thought Coldplay were original and that's why I liked them, obviously I was wrong. And yes, I know it's very hard to be original nowadays (there's the old "there's only so many notes on an instrument" argument) but you can at least try to think of something slightly new instead of using somebody else's riff.

:(

Bit disappointed. Haven't read past first post admittedly but for your info guys:

Chris was inspired to write Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall after hearing some chords in a nightclub scene in Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's film Biutiful (2010).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biutiful

The chords in the film are part of a track that is based on "I Go To Rio" written by Peter Allen and Adrienne Anderson, released by Peter Allen in 1976.

YouTube it. It's way before the clip being banded around and... the song HAS credited the ORIGINAl composer (Allen, not the latter dance tune).

Bit disappointed. Haven't read past first post admittedly but for your info guys:

Chris was inspired to write Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall after hearing some chords in a nightclub scene in Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's film Biutiful (2010).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biutiful

The chords in the film are part of a track that is based on "I Go To Rio" written by Peter Allen and Adrienne Anderson, released by Peter Allen in 1976.

YouTube it. It's way before the clip being banded around and... the song HAS credited the ORIGINAl composer (Allen, not the latter dance tune).

Love that movie! Very awesome to read this.