✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

HELP! I don't know what to get my dad for Father's Day!

NumbersGirl

I thought my parents were going to be on vacation for another week, but I just found out that they are getting back in town tomorrow, so I will be seeing my dad on Father's Day after all. I thought I would have at least another week to shop, but alas now I don't.

I have no clue what to get him! He recently had a birthday and he had me get him a gift card to Lowe's so I don't want to do that again. I don't want to get him clothes either, I do that too often and he has enough. I just don't know.

Any advice?

Fair Trade Shop[/url].
Anytime I ask him what he wants, he usually says "you don't have to get me anything."

Hm...has he been nagging about to get something months prior? What are his interests?
I haven't heard him mentioning anything in particular he wants or wishes he had.

What's your price range :lol:

What about a watch or something :wacky:

No particular price range, but I usually spend about $50-$100. (I heard this morning that the average money spent on fathers is $104, so I guess that makes me a bit of a cheapo.)

He already has a nice watch (a retirement gift from his employer) that he wears all the time, so I can't really get him another one, and aside from that he's not really a jewelry person.

I just don't know. :bigcry:

Anytime I ask him what he wants, he usually says "you don't have to get me anything."

I haven't heard him mentioning anything in particular he wants or wishes he had.

No particular price range, but I usually spend about $50-$100. (I heard this morning that the average money spent on fathers is $104, so I guess that makes me a bit of a cheapo.)

He already has a nice watch (a retirement gift from his employer) that he wears all the time, so I can't really get him another one, and aside from that he's not really a jewelry person.

I just don't know. :bigcry:

WHAT ARE HIS INTERESTS? :stunned:

Meh, nothing extraordinarily exciting. He likes to watch baseball but I already got him tickets to a Tiger's game before, so that would be a bit repetetive if I did that again.

BTW he's 64.

draw him a picture, my dad doesnt appreciate my talents so i gave up :dozey:

I run into this problem with my dad every year. After many years of the same thing, I've pretty much just given up all hope as far as Father's Day presents are concerned. We (meaning my brothers and I) don't ever know what to get him, Dad doesn't ever specify that he wants anything, and when we do get him something, instead of being grateful, he scoffs, asks, "What's this for?" and makes complaints about it. He's hopeless. :|

But yeah. I hope your dad is nicer/more receptive about such things than my dad is.

I never know what to get my dad either. He doesn't like electronics, he hardly ever watches movies or listens to music (and when he does, it's all old stuff that he already owns), he reads a lot but only kids stuff because he's a teacher librarian at an elementary school, he won't wear new clothes if you buy it for him, he won't wear a watch or anything (he refuses to even wear his wedding ring :rolleyes:), and he doesn't drink. Everything he actually would like/use is waaaay expensive. Like I can't afford a bike (plus he just bought another one). AAHHHHH.

I don't know what my dad likes, or what he'd like for fathers day. And his birthday is right next to it :anxious: maybe some Earth Wind and Fire album.
Funny you say that, the idea actually came to mind earlier that I should see if there are any tickets left for the EW&F concert here on Wednesday so my dad can go. Freaky.