✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why am I not liking this?

Magnus

Comma. COMMA. ( , ) As opposed to an exclamation point ( ! ) or a FULL STOP ( . ) Not COMA, as in a prolonged sleep.

If you still don't like the lyrics, fine. But understand them before you dismiss them. ;)

Yeah, I know what a comma is haha, and that you write coma differently :).. But they both are pronounced the same way, so it sounds kind of dumb, atleast it does to me.

Btw. I'd rather be an exclamation point, it owns both comma and full stop :D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comma is pronounced "kah muh"

Coma is pronounced "koh muh"

:nod:

I think that part of the song is clever actually. It almost seems as if he's saying I'd rather continue what great things the past generation have accomplished into this newer generation, as opposed to letting everything fall to shreds and spiral out of control in a bad direction. Witty metaphor. [:

+100

I think it could be a simple mistake though, the English language isn't the easiest when you think about it after all. [: It's not like Spanish for example where you have rules and you pretty much just follow them, English is plain whack; like birds, deer, oxen for ex., all different plurals, how do you explain that to someone?. :P And I can't even imagine if they were both pronounced coma. "Well, what is this? You missed having a coma there. Why didn't you have a coma?? You're getting points off for not having a coma!" :stunned:

Yeah only 'Moving To Mars' is good from the new songs.

It could be a song from 'Parachutes' hope that LP5 has much of that quality but i doubt.

I wait until the album to be released in august and then i will know for ure if Coldplay lost there creativity

CB and MM have no depth like there older work also,i wont begin about ETIAW that too commercial

not artistic at all.It's kids music.

:(

Been a Coldplay fan since the beggining. I liked every album release up to date. Even though the albums were different in style, they clearly showed musical progress and evolution of this great band.

Heck, I even liked most of the b-sides too.

Altough I still regard Parachutes and AROBTTH to be their best work, I listened to Viva La Vida many times because it was a really well composed album, brilliant if you listen to it without skipping tracks.

But then came the Prospekt's march EP, and I didn't really like Glass of Water or Rainy Day... They seemed, I don't know.. Overproduced. Brian Eno's influence I suppose?.

It kind of sounded too artifficial to me.

Christmas lights gave me a glimmer of hope that this new direction isn't all that bad, but hearing these new songs... I just can't get myself to like them. It's like there's too much going on in a song (like in ETiAW) but it ends up just being a big mess. And the lyrics??..''I'd rather be a comma than a full stop''... Sounds like rather being in a comma than dead.. I know that's not the actual meaning, but that's an awful wordplay.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask, is it just me going insane, or do some older coldplay fans share these views?

I love just about every Coldplay song on every album, but I'm not really liking the new stuff.

The music is too much, and to me, it sounds like Chris' voice is behind the music, which bothers me.

I also don't like Rainy Day and Glass of Water so much. I would rarely listen to them, not because of the lyrics, but because of the music.

When I first heard ETIAW I thought it sounded to pop and like something I'd hear overplayed on the radio. If I had just heard it, I seriously don't think I would have known it was them. The more I listen to it, the more I like it though.

Of course I'll support Coldplay and I'm sure I'll learn to love it, but I was quite disappointed.

Wut. A Whisper is a lot better than all songs they made that are too cheesy (Fix You), too immaturely commercial (ETIAW) or too anthem-like (Viva La Vida).

Agree, except for Viva. There's nothing wrong with a good anthem. :)

COMPLETELY AGREE

I became a Coldplay fan during the Viva La Vida Era, and I love Glass of Water.

I can't really begin to understand how it feels for those of you who have been fans for five, ten, twelve years... but I do think we can get along.

We shouldn't have enemy in our own ranks.

Things I don't Understand one of the best Coldplay songs ever <3 Twisted logic is amazing, so good they couldn't play it live :P

Im very exicited in many ways about the new album, I think this will be the ultimate Coldplay album or perhaps the next one, dunno if it can beat x&y though for me anyway getting a better feeling for this than VLVODAAHF which was a great album but always felt it lacked something, I think it may be that the first half of the album wasn't very strong imo, MX / Hurts like heaven is gonna be an epic opener if its on the album, better than the original life in technicolour!