✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why am I not liking this?

Magnus

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying that the songs get 10X worse every album?

No. If Twisted Logic was on Parachutes I'd still hate it. . . it just so happens that it went in order.

And A Spell A Rebel Yell wasn't on an album. :phu:

Nuh-uh. I love "Twisted Logic."

How? :|

• 2 weeks later...

Well,well...if the album they are about to release was actually the album they were to start with, they probably wouldn't have me fall in love with their music. My opinion is based on an idea of an album consisting of HLH,ETiaW,MM and songs like that,but you ought to have in mind they might not include anything of this in the new album,which again I don't think likely.

I'm a fan of theirs mainly because of parachutes and ARoBTtH, I still cannot form an opinion of X&Y, VLV wasn't especially attractive to me (save the '42',which again I think they needn't have changed after the introductory melody) and this new album...as I said, we don't really know what it is going to be like,but we can judge from the songs we got to hear...

I like Us Against The World and Moving to Mars,and would be satisfied with an album consisting of songs like these. I do not dislike MM,HLH and EtiaW, but after listening to this band for ten years it is difficult to get used to them. And never before did any song require getting used to. :thinking:

It is all about what you were used to hear from them and your personal expectations,as for me at least. But I'm glad they still make music, and even with this experimentation that they go through, something good will turn up. There. Whoooa,my longest post so far (not intended,just got carried away). Cheers :D

Twisted Logic is fucking great and A Whisper is even tenfold better. Both way underrated. But that's just my opinion. I'm not sure about A Spell A Rebel Yell, it's weird, but I appreciate that they try it and release it as a b-side to see what people think.

My conclusion, which I have seen on one of the first pages in this thread, is that change can be good, and is even necessary, but not every change is necessarily good. You can't force yourself to like everything Coldplay release, even if some people say you have to love everything they do "to be a true fan". Bullshit.

I also love how everyone is being so nice towards one another.

Twisted Logic is fucking great and A Whisper is even tenfold better. Both way underrated. But that's just my opinion. I'm not sure about A Spell A Rebel Yell, it's weird, but I appreciate that they try it and release it as a b-side to see what people think.

No :braces: Twisted Logic > A Spell A Rebel Yell > A Whisper.

The three are awesome and underrated

I started to love Coldplay since VLV and it's also my favorite album, then I started to listen to their other album and loved them all. But when I first heard ETIAW I was like wtf? This was absolutly not what I was expecting.. But I must say that it sounds much better live, on a festival than on the radio. But maybe this song is not made for LP5, but just for the festivals ;D Charlie Brown is my favorite new song for the moment, but I also like HLH and UATW, :D

this. i actually preferred much of the Prospekts March EP to the VLV album...

To be honest, Rainy Day and Prospekt's March are really amazing. The rest of it I could just leave. It's one of those things.

You're not liking this because you just don't. I don't think it gets any more simple than that, you know? :P Preference thing.

Viva is actually my favorite album...but I definitely see what you're saying with how it's a lot less natural sounding compared to Parachutes and AROBTTH.

I loved the very "epic" sound that Viva had, but I like all of coldplay's albums. I would probably rank them Viva/Prospekts>AROBTTH>Parachutes>X&Y.

For me, it's lot of their really slow acoustic songs that don't make it to my list. For example, almost every single coldplay fan adores "The Scientist", but that track just doesn't do it for me.

Most of their new stuff sounds very promising to me. ETIAW definitely sounds like Viva/Prospekts, MTM sounds very X&Y (and is my favorite of the new songs). I'm not really sure where to place Major Minus. That's my least favorite new track that i've heard so far. So i totally agree with you when you say that MM has a very different sound from what we're used to.

Charlie Brown and Hurts like Heaven remind me more of Parachutes/AROBTTH. And i really love both of those songs.

I think you shouldn't give up hope, because I'm sure Coldplay is still saving some beautiful tracks for LP5 that haven't been revealed yet.