✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

I didn't like Bloom at all on the first listen. Seriously, I was just thinking ":blank: is this album even going to be good?"

but now i love it. I think it's one of the best radiohead songs.

Really? Bloom was my favorite, right from the start.

Regarding the album, I think it's great. It's very understated, it's definately their most psychedelic record. It's weird because rhythmically, it reminds me of Talking Head's Remain in Light but I also hear elements of Flying Lotus, Four Tet, Fela Kuti, Talk Talk. Some people are calling this Thom's record but I would say this is as much the Greenwood's too. Colin's bass is just divine and I can hear Bodysong-like textures all over this.

I think this record is very much Radiohead's way of saying to the world that they aren't going to get "comfortable", something that so many bands of their popularity and size fall into that trap of middling out (*cough cough* U2, Coldplay, Muse), They're still hungry for new things. The KoL won't get them any new fans but it has laid the foundation for the band to keep moving forward - the only constant in their career.

Here's a great article on Radiohead by Pitchfork's Nitsuh Abebe http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/02/radioheads_king_of_limbs_revie.html

Its an awesome video, though it kind of adds to the feel of it being more of a Thom solo album than a radiohead album.

I thinks it's a Thom + Colin + Phil album. Specially Thom + Colin. But you know that Jonny is there with the strings arrangements, but you can barely hear him, not even playing a fucking lemon

Does anybody else feel that this is Radiohead's most positive or optimistic record yet ?????

I mean in the feeling you get when you listen.......:)

I do feel it's an optimistic record, but until I've got the lyrics written down, I can't say that it is definitely the most optimistic album.

Does anybody else feel that this is Radiohead's most positive or optimistic record yet ?????

I mean in the feeling you get when you listen.......:)

Maybe... but not with Codex. Codex is absolutely beautiful, but I certainly wouldn't classify that one as positive or optimistic.

I took my first listen of KoL this morning.

I will agree with some of you in the sense that there seems to be more of a Thom Yorke solo feel to this album, as opposed to an entire Radiohead effort. This isn't to say the rest of Radiohead didn't contribute, nor is it to say that this is a bad thing.

I really need more listens to make a determination on how I really feel, but on first impression, I wasn't all that incredibly impressed with the album. It's not bad, no. It's just that, like Mike said, we all had certain expectations for LP8, and I don't feel as if mine were met. :shrug:

I don't know. We'll see. This album will get its fair share of listens this week. I'll let you know what happens.

I've been listening to the album non-stop...seems like. My first impression was a good one. Do I think it's better than Kid A or HTTT or In Rainbows? No, probably not, but I think it's a stronger starting than Amnesiac and even OKC.

But...then again...I'm a huge fan of their direction towards ambient, electronica stuff.

In the beginning, I thought the latter part of the album was stronger, but now I'm starting to really like the beginning of the album the most!

I really adore all the tracks, but if I had to pick my least favorite, it'd have to be GUTG. I'm not feeling the harmonic progressions much and the repetitive "don't haunt me" is distracting.

Side bar: Maybe someone can help me with this. I was one of the ones that preordered the mp3 album off Radiohead's site. I DLed it when they released it a day early and dropped it into my My Music folder (thereby putting it in Windows Media with the rest of my stuff). It seemed to go in fine.

Well, I opened it up yesterday and none of the tracks would play. I went to my music folder and the album was gone! I unzipped it again and put it back in and now it's showing up again, but without the album art that was included. Made me wonder.......I went to my iPod and tried to play the album from my iPod and it won't play. It just skips to the next album and completely bypasses TKoL album.

Thoughts?

Side bar: Maybe someone can help me with this. I was one of the ones that preordered the mp3 album off Radiohead's site. I DLed it when they released it a day early and dropped it into my My Music folder (thereby putting it in Windows Media with the rest of my stuff). It seemed to go in fine.

Well, I opened it up yesterday and none of the tracks would play. I went to my music folder and the album was gone! I unzipped it again and put it back in and now it's showing up again, but without the album art that was included. Made me wonder.......I went to my iPod and tried to play the album from my iPod and it won't play. It just skips to the next album and completely bypasses TKoL album.

Thoughts?

:wtf:

I haven't had any issues, but I also haven't uploaded it to my iPod yet (just been playing it from my laptop). I'm planning to upload it to my iPod sometime today, I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

My iPod's been freaking out lately anyway, but the fact that I'm having issues with it IN my media player is disconcerting.

I'm thinking maybe the DL is corrupt?? I mean...surely not?! But...I don't know. I've never had this problem before. I guess I'll just hang on to the zip folder and wait for the physical copy to come out.

Talk to the Operators

You go to the king of limbs website then order tracking, (login), then go to the help center click on the help center and click on "I'm having issues downloading", then on the right side you can get like a tech support. If there's no live chat to talk to an operator you can just email.

GRRRR! Bloom and Feral won't play, but the rest will! What is the deal?!

ETA: Sent an e-mail. Hopefully, they'll respond. Honestly, this is why I like physical copies. I've never had problems ripping music from my own discs. I always seem to encounter trouble when I LEGALLY DL mp3s. Go figure.