✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Yes... it was a terrible mistake!!

Fix42YellowClocks

Wow I had the exact same thing with Yes not more than a week ago! :D :D :D

Another couple songs that I COMPLETELY misjudged were Amsterdam and Strawberry Swing, probably because my volume was too low when I first heard them. :embarrassed: But after a couple years of knowing these two songs, they're basically my favourite Coldplay songs EVER.

Dude wow! haha That's really weird man. [[: Imagine that?

Ah. Well they are pretty quiet so I could see what you're saying.

Aww, you made me smile :D

You're welcome! :awesome:

I used to absolutely despise Violet Hill and Strawberry Swing. :blank: I honestly don't know what was wrong with me.

In that case, you saying that made my day. :D

:shrug: Ohhh. And nothing silly. :hug: We all have that resistance to new music, you know?

The only reason I listen to Yes is Chinese Sleep Chant

Really? Now that I really like 'Yes', 'Chinese Sleep Chant' is about the only song i don't really care for on the album. :P I respect the love for this song on this thread though. :nice:

It's actually one of my favorite songs on the album. It proves to me that Chris can sing anything, in any register, high, low, whatever you want!

That's definitely a good point!

I don't understand the love for Chinese Sleep Chant.

Same deal here. It seems kind of blandish and I hate how it's hard to hear Chris. :| For me the music is always the focal point but I hate it when I can't hear the singer. It makes me feel like I'm missing out on something and they're stifling the lyrics for some weird reason. Like they're secret or something and I'm not good enough to be allowed to hear them. :mad:. haha Sorry. My thoughts and cohesiveness get pretty freaking weird at 3 a.m. :S

I hate Yes. I guess we can't be friends anymore.

D'oh. I do hope you kid sir. :| You shouldn't make friends based on songs. Or even bands as a whole for that matter. One of my best friends absolutely loves Deftones, NIN, Marilyn Manson, and KoRn and a lot of heavy rock stuff and another listens to a lot of pop/hip-hop/rap like Jason Derulo, Katy Perry, Eminem, T.I. and Lil Wayne and neither really like Coldplay but that doesn't make them bad people. They're awesome at heart. And if you were joking than consider this whole part of my post basically moot point. :P

Yes was one of the songs I liked on the album, but never really played much. Didn't like it THAT much. (the other was Strawberry Swing). Sometimes i'd skip to the end just to hear Chinese Sleep Chant. Then, sometime last year I played it and realized that I absolutely loved the song. The strings, the lyrics, everything. Might have been because at that time, I felt like I could relate to the song. It's now one of my favourites of Viva.

I hate Yes. I guess we can't be friends anymore.

NOOOOO. :bigcry:

D'oh. I do hope you kid sir. :| You shouldn't make friends based on songs. Or even bands as a whole for that matter. One of my best friends absolutely loves Deftones, NIN, Marilyn Manson, and KoRn and a lot of heavy rock stuff and another listens to a lot of pop/hip-hop/rap like Jason Derulo, Katy Perry, Eminem, T.I. and Lil Wayne and neither really like Coldplay but that doesn't make them bad people. They're awesome at heart. And if you were joking than consider this whole part of my post basically moot point. :P

Yeah, it's moot. He jokes like that with people all the time.

Chinese Sleep Chant is tremendous!

I think it's overrated, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Same deal here. It seems kind of blandish and I hate how it's hard to hear Chris. :| For me the music is always the focal point but I hate it when I can't hear the singer. It makes me feel like I'm missing out on something and they're stifling the lyrics for some weird reason. Like they're secret or something and I'm not good enough to be allowed to hear them. :mad:. haha Sorry. My thoughts and cohesiveness get pretty freaking weird at 3 a.m. :S

Same here :P Jonny's guitar makes up for it though

By 3 am I've abandoned all semblance of logical thinking and just jump around being hyper