✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The new VIVA LA VIDA

Coldplero

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something to think about. I'm going out on a limb here but I think the new Viva La Vida will also be the album title and it will precede Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall on the album. If you think about it, on both VLV and X&Y, the pre-album single has come after the title song.

For me, the structure of Yellow and CB are to different from each other to say that they are similar in a way and HLH has a strong Arcade Fire influence which I can't see in Life in Technicolor.

Major Minus reminds me not in any way of Violett Hill. :P Really. But its hard to find any Coldplay song which goes the same direction...

PoC is a song which I didn't hear until now, so, hard to say something about it, actually its a mix between Violett Hill, Lost and Viva for me.

How so? The time signatures of CB and Yellow are certainly different, but as far as the structure goes, they are pretty similar. Guitar riff -> vocals -> guitar riff -> vocals-> guitar riff to end the song.

Really? HLH doesn't sound anything like Arcade Fire to me, but to each their own :nice: But in terms of the upbeat tempo and overall feel of the song I think they are comparable.

And I think VH and Major Minus are similar because they are both really dark, gritty songs with not a lot of fluff.

PoC reminds me of Viva because they both have that synth-y keyboard sound providing the backbone of the song ;)

new vlv

:thinking:

Charlie Brown will be the new Life In Technicolor ii.

Princess of China is the new Violet Hill.

Hurts Like Heaven is the new Glass Of Water.

Major Minus is the new Cementeries of London.

M-Xylobrytes (MX) is like a short Life in Technicolor.:lol:

Us Against The World is the new Strawberry Swing.

Moving To Mars is the new Death And All His Friends.

And you will not believe this, but I think that...

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall is the new Viva La vida.:laugh3: (I'm not crazy!):shocked2:

Because Viva is not my favourite song of VLVODAAHF;:D I prefer Violet Hill.

Really? HLH doesn't sound anything like Arcade Fire to me, but to each their own :nice: But in terms of the upbeat tempo and overall feel of the song I think they are comparable.

The melody is very Win Butler-ish.

/Does not know who Win Butler is :disappointed:

Arcade Fire frontman/songwriter. ;) Hurts Like Heaven sounds melodically similar Keep the Car Running or one of the other upbeat tracks on Neon Bible or The Suburbs.

For my money, Funeral > Coldplay :P

YOUR MONEY'S NO GOOD HERE!

Hahaha. But seriously, Funeral is basically flawless, and it's good to hear that their style is being explored by other groups. It's interesting to hear with Chris' voice though. :smug:

YOUR MONEY'S NO GOOD HERE!

Hahaha. But seriously, Funeral is basically flawless, and it's good to hear that their style is being explored by other groups. It's interesting to hear with Chris' voice though. :smug:

Funeral is my favorite album of the 2000's. Radiohead's In Rainbows comes close, but not quite. :cool:

Actually though, Hurts Like Heaven doesn't much sound like anything on Funeral. On AF's next two albums they started sounding more blatantly like Bruce Springsteen, and HLH sounds more like that.

I don't think every song on Viva is gunna have a soul mate on LP5. To me, this is as impractical as trying to match up songs on VIva with songs on X&Y. The albums just aren't compatible.

I hope it will be good but I'm afraid if this album will be about their personal lives... Because the tittle "Charlie Brown" remind me the cartoon of snoopy and maybe Chris or Guy will sayfor promo on tv "This song is for my kids yes " :\

I don't like when artists talk about their personal lives, especially the singers because the lyrics significance are very important in songs :bulb: , I love when the songs are wrote for fans. I love some songs on albums Parachutes and Viva La Vida because it was about everything and they was wrote for everyone and only everyone... And not for persons about their lifes :inquisitive:

Lp5 seems to be too much "kids, toys, plastic, cartoon..." I hope it will not :worried:

Good thing, Hurts Like Heaven, seems to be wrote for everyone of the audience and it is very beautiful song :heart: