✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The new VIVA LA VIDA

Coldplero

I hope it will be good but I'm afraid if this album will be about their personal lives... Because the tittle "Charlie Brown" remind me the cartoon of snoopy and maybe Chris or Guy will sayfor promo on tv "This song is for my kids yes " :\

I don't like when artists talk about their personal lives, especially the singers because the lyrics significance are very important in songs :bulb: , I love when the songs are wrote for fans. I love some songs on albums Parachutes and Viva La Vida because it was about everything and they was wrote for everyone and only everyone... And not for persons about their lifes :inquisitive:

Lp5 seems to be too much "kids, toys, plastic, cartoon..." I hope it will not :worried:

Good thing, Hurts Like Heaven, seems to be wrote for everyone of the audience and it is very beautiful song :heart:

Nah. Chris wouldn't have that. He's so innately secretive about his private life! Jonny, Guy and Will also don't seem to be too keen on sharing personal details.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. Chris wouldn't have that. He's so innately secretive about his private life! Jonny, Guy and Will also don't seem to be too keen on sharing personal details.

Definitely agree. It's not like him to do that at all. I think Chris will master How to Disappear Completely and forever avoid the paparazzi before that happens. :P

How about the songs not being "the new" anything? Maybe we should just see the new ones as something completely different and not to compare them with previous efforts, after all isn't that what Coldplay want to do? Move on from previous styles and feels of songs?

Maybe it's just me but I don't like thinking of the newer songs as "the new" anything, be it Viva La Vida, The Scientist or No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground for all I know. Just saying...

^ Fair enough, but I think what everyone is trying to say that there will be a song on LP5 that is similar to Viva in terms of how much publicity it gets. Viva was top of the charts around the world for a number of weeks, and there may be a song like that on LP5. :shrug:

Plus, Princess of China does sound somewhat similar to Viva in terms of the synth beat and structure . . .

I'm thinking if they really have a "best song" for the new album, they probably haven't played it yet. I mean, do you remember for the last album? They didn't talk about Viva la Vida at all. Except when we got that track by track synopsis from the one magazine in late March 08 (I believe). And then they told us when they announced the tracklist in mid April. But they never mentioned it before then. Prospekt didn't. The songs they were considering had Lost! and Violet Hill from the beginning but not VlV. They even told one of the magazines in January 08 that the big songs on the album were going to be Famous Old Painters, Glass of Water, and Cemeteries of London. I remember like it was yesterday. :) They're such secret keepers. But yeah. They always kept it out of the spotlight until it came down to actually revealing the tracklist. I don't believe for a second any of the live songs we've heard is the one they like the most from the new sessions.

I'm thinking if they really have a "best song" for the new album, they probably haven't played it yet. I mean, do you remember for the last album? They didn't talk about Viva la Vida at all. Except when we got that track by track synopsis from the one magazine in late March 08 (I believe). And then they told us when they announced the tracklist in mid April. But they never mentioned it before then. Prospekt didn't. The songs they were considering had Lost! and Violet Hill from the beginning but not VlV. They even told one of the magazines in January 08 that the big songs on the album were going to be Famous Old Painters, Glass of Water, and Cemeteries of London. I remember like it was yesterday. :) They're such secret keepers. But yeah. They always kept it out of the spotlight until it came down to actually revealing the tracklist. I don't believe for a second any of the live songs we've heard is the one they like the most from the new sessions.

Maybe it just so happens that it was Viva La Vida which was missed out? It could have been Lost! or Glass Of Water for all we know. And to the idea they were saving it for later, I remember reading that it has been through several incarnations before they settled on the final result, and during the time Prospekt was posting to the website, it was way more than a year before the release so there's lots of room for change.

We could have been listening to the future "hit" of the album from their Glastonbury or Rock Im Park set, it could be Princess of China, Hurts Like Heaven or Charlie Brown, but I doubt it was Us Against The World...I'm not really feeling it with that one :L

^ Agreed about UAtW. It's a good song, but I definitely don't see it becoming a huge hit.

All these slow and emotional Coldplay songs of the last two albums like Reign of Love, Now my feet won't touch the ground, Prospekts March/Poppyfields, Til Kingdom Come... aren't really big, yes, thats true, but none of them are released as a single which is important to grow to a big hit. I'm sure if Us against the world would be released as a single it will be besides The Scientist one of Coldplays biggest "slow songs" and a huge number at live perfomances. Personally I hope that UatW will be released as a single but don't think that they will do that, because Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown, Princess of China and maybe a unknown song will steal the show. :thinking::\:angry:

All these slow and emotional Coldplay songs of the last two albums like Reign of Love, Now my feet won't touch the ground, Prospekts March/Poppyfields, Til Kingdom Come... aren't really big, yes, thats true, but none of them are released as a single which is important to grow to a big hit. I'm sure if Us against the world would be released as a single it will be besides The Scientist one of Coldplays biggest "slow songs" and a huge number at live perfomances. Personally I hope that UatW will be released as a single but don't think that they will do that, because Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown, Princess of China and maybe a unknown song will steal the show. :thinking::\:angry:

UATW will never come close to The Scientist.

UATW will never come close to The Scientist.

For me the song is much better then The Scientist which I love also. Its a great great song, but Us against the world touched me deeper than The Scientist (which touched me also very deep!) ;).

Its my personal opinion about UatW.