✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How many songs are they not using?

cackyy

Man they're not going to release that many singles from the album! Plus, who said anything about an EP? (Not aiming just at you here, so it's not a dig at you!) Just because there was one after Viva, but every other album...there wasn't.

But they seem to write so many MORE songs nowadays!

^ Weeks??????

I would be perfectly fine with that :nod:

I think it's time for another letter :awesome:

Dear Coldplay,

Please give us all of your unreleased songs in whatever format they currently are. This includes all riffs, lyric snippets, instrumentals, demos, and finished or partially-finished songs. Do not tell Will Champion.

Sincerely,

Alex

P.S. - The full version of So Sad, if you would be so kind

There. Now we can all have the best month ever :smug:

Next to where it said no albums longer than 42 minutes it also said no more than 9 tracks. I think they'll stick to that. They've always said that they should have cut down X&Y because it was too long and they tried to do that with Viva La Vida by keeping it relatively short.

The fact that it says 'tracks' suggests that they will do the same thing as on Viva with the 2 songs per track. There's no way they'd only have 9 songs. My guess is that they'll have 9 or 10 tracks with about 12 or 13 songs.

The fact that it says 'tracks' suggests that they will do the same thing as on Viva with the 2 songs per track. There's no way they'd only have 9 songs. My guess is that they'll have 9 or 10 tracks with about 12 or 13 songs.

Yeah I agree, 13-14 songs would be great!!!

I think 14 songs is too many. When you have loads of tracks it often ruins the magic of the album. I think 11 or 12 is a perfect number. But The Suburbs by Arcade Fire had 16 songs and it was a fantastic album so who knows.

13-14 songs, all within 2-3 mins long, would be excellent and vastly preferable to an album full of droning 5min+ songs (e.g. X&Y).

And yeah, Coldplay were normally excellent with b-sides (there's tons for the first three albums!), but they were extremely disappointing for the Viva singles - only 3. I guess most of the potential b-sides did end up on Prospekt's March EP, but they still had songs left over that they could easily have used, even if the CD single is dead these days.

I am hoping they go back to how they used to be, and spoil us rotten with b-sides!

Here is a list of all known songs written for LP5 (Songs believed to be on the LP5 tracklist, according to WikiColdplay and other sources, are marked with a '*')

1000-1 (Ballad Of... )

*A Hopeful Transmission

Aiko

Alien Radio

Alive Day

Arabesque

Boyfriend

Buzz

Car Kids

Cartoon Head

Cartoon Heart

*Charlie Brown

D.L.I.B.Y.H (?)

Drunks And Guns

*E.T.I.A.W

Gardeners On The Frontline

*Great Expectations

Harbingers Of Doom

Harmony

Hook Up

*Hurts Like Heaven

If I Ever Fall In Love Again

It Was A Wonderful Day

Love In A Lethal Dose

Lucky Sevens

*Major Minus

*Moving To Mars

*Mylo Xyloto

*Paradise

*Princess of China

REX

*Sex And Violence

Space Symphony

*Tomorrow

*U.F.O

Under 1 Roof

*Up With The Birds

*Up In Flames

*Us Against The World

Voodoo

Wilderness

Wondering Star

If an EP comes out sometime after LP5, there's a good possibility it will contain some of the unmarked tracks in this list :)

Major Minus, ETIAW, A Hopeful Transmission, Hurts like Heaven, Princess of China, Up With The Birds, Up In Flames and Us Against The World were not on the list during the 60 Minutes interview which shows that the band are still writing new songs. Most of those have probably been scrapped by now in favour of new songs. We're assuming that Space Symphony became Moving To Mars and Cartoon Heart became Charlie Brown.

And on a side note, we don't know if REX, Voodoo and Under 1 Roof are actually songs. They're just words written on some of the instruments that could mean anything.