✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Politik with "k"?

Felicci

Hi guys! Once again I don't know where too post this to get my answer :confused:

(sorry, but this forum is a little confusing to me...)

The song Politik is one of my absolute fave coldplay songs and I have been wondering this for quite some time. Does anyone know why the band decided to spell Politik with a "K"? That's not how it's normally spelt in English, is it?

:kiss:

So I just asked the Oracle about this. but how about you all also send this question to the oracle and then he/she might actually answer it!

If there is a lot of ppl aksing the same thing I think there is a bigger chance of getting an answer, don't you?! :D

Aha, but then it's not about 9/11. It just happened to be released around that time.... It's about what Will says: someone's belif of what is wrong and what is right!

They still don't tell us why they spell it with k :thinking:

No sorry, my bad I missunderstood what Guy said! And also how could it have been released around 9/11 when the album was released 2002 and politik never was a sigle, stupid me! :P

It's about the state of the world. not 9/11. but sorry i don't know why it's spelled with a ''k''

This is said aboute Politik at the oracle page:

August 27, 2010 - submitted by Maria, United Kingdom

Q. Dear Oracle this is true or false Politik was written days after the attacks of 11 September 2001?

Thanks Lovely Oracle

The Oracle replies:

Actually yes, Politik was written in the wake of that tragedy and very much inspired by those events.

I don't think there's necessarily a reason guys, but that's my opinion. Politik looks rather beautiful as a word though. The "k" to me seems to be guarding the "i"s. But maybe I'm mental.

Prospekt also has a strange "k", as does "Lukas".

It is one of my favourite song titles ever though. I'm in a band and wrote a song which I named Potencia in Politik's honour.

I don't think there's necessarily a reason guys, but that's my opinion. Politik looks rather beautiful as a word though. The "k" to me seems to be guarding the "i"s. But maybe I'm mental.

Prospekt also has a strange "k", as does "Lukas".

It is one of my favourite song titles ever though. I'm in a band and wrote a song which I named Potencia in Politik's honour.

yeah, I've been thinking about prospekt's march too. but Lukas isn't weird too me cus names are often spelt in different ways.

Well, maybe they just like "K"! :P

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...