✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Dear Coldplay,

the_gloaming09

but there is a big difference between changing your sound for creative reasons, and changing your sounds to gain more record sales and appeal to a younger audience.

You're saying that Coldplay are changing their sound to gain more record sales, yes? I disagree. I can definitely see them changing to this pop sound, for creative reasons. It doesn't seem out of the question, I mean, even I, the ultimate hipster on this forum has started to take an interest in pop music :P

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure bands evolve. The way that Radiohead evolved from OK Computer to Kid A, or In Rainbows to The King Of Limbs. Arcade Fire evolved from Funeral to Neon Bible. Feist just now evolving from The Reminder to Metals.

Those are examples of good evolutions. Viva La Vida (or even any album before it) to Mylo Xyloto just isn't sounding good. It's depreciation at its best. It's like Black Holes & Revelations to The Resistance.

You're saying that Coldplay are changing their sound to gain more record sales, yes? I disagree. I can definitely see them changing to this pop sound, for creative reasons. It doesn't seem out of the question, I mean, even I, the ultimate hipster on this forum has started to take an interest in pop music :P

:lol:

I really don't know how you don't think it's for record sales. This kind of song works perfect for a market for people that have similar pop tastes. I mean just look at the lyrics and the sound of the song.

Also it's the excessive use of "oooohhhhh"'s like within Viva or how they use the same syllable over and over like in Teardrop, or how they look like they're a boyband from the 90's.

They're trying so hard to be popular. It's seriously sad how low the band will go to get fans and sacrifice people that listened to them when they started. To be honest I have no intentions of buying any more albums by the band or seeing them live if this is the direction and mindset they're going to take.

:lol:

I really don't know how you don't think it's for record sales. This kind of song works perfect for a market for people that have similar pop tastes. I mean just look at the lyrics and the sound of the song.

Also it's the excessive use of "oooohhhhh"'s like within Viva or how they use the same syllable over and over like in Teardrop, or how they look like they're a boyband from the 90's.

They're trying so hard to be popular. It's seriously sad how low the band will go to get fans and sacrifice people that listened to them when they started. To be honest I have no intentions of buying any more albums by the band or seeing them live if this is the direction and mindset they're going to take.

Yeah, I understand, but i don't think them doing it for creative reasons is completely out of the question...

hmm, I really wanna meet them now, actually. I got a lot of questions to ask :tongue:

hahaha, oh god coldplay.......what have you done????

i loved ETIAW but i cringed when i heard "every tear is a waterfall" and "para-para-para-para-" hahah. all i can do is laugh......hopefully it'll grow on me. Looking forward to the album though cause the other songs are amazing

Sure bands evolve. The way that Radiohead evolved from OK Computer to Kid A, or In Rainbows to The King Of Limbs. Arcade Fire evolved from Funeral to Neon Bible. Feist just now evolving from The Reminder to Metals.

Those are examples of good evolutions. Viva La Vida (or even any album before it) to Mylo Xyloto just isn't sounding good. It's depreciation at its best. It's like Black Holes & Revelations to The Resistance.

...I liked The Resistance. :p