✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Lyrics you just can't stand.

Coldplaying@Hogwarts

Hey Coldplayers!

Do you have a certain lyric by Coldplay that just drives you nuts? Is it poorly worded, awkwardly rhymed, or just plain goofy? Tell all.

I personally HATE the lyric in Paradise "Life goes on, It gets so heavy, The wheel breaks the butterfly." IT IS JUST SO AWKWARD. What kind of wording is that – breaks the butterfly? :thinking:

Whenever I hear that bit while I listen to the otherwise-pretty good song, I cringe.

It's funny, I just came from the thread explaining the wheel + butterfly quote

Anyways, it's not the first time its been used (if that makes it better somehow?). Also used by Oasis on 'Falling Down'. They in turn used that line from another source.

If anything, the 'Para-Para-Paradise' part is hard to take. Not so much the line but having to hear it at falsetto over and over.

• 3 weeks later...

haha, I feel dirty just saying this because most of thier lyrics are so great, but Im not a fan of,

'id rather be a comma than a full stop'

I read an interview with Chris on this lyric, and his reasoning for putting it in was cool, I wouldnt change it

haha, I feel dirty just saying this because most of thier lyrics are so great, but Im not a fan of,

'id rather be a comma than a full stop'

I read an interview with Chris on this lyric, and his reasoning for putting it in was cool, I wouldnt change it

Where can I find this interview?

It's probably my favorite verse in that song, I could completely relate to it once I first heard it! The song was quite underwhelming to me at first, but that lyric just made it for me :) Is there a link to him saying something about it?

I think What If has Chris' worst lyrics. It sounds like it was written by a moody 14 year old girl who thinks she's being introspective.

I love the lyrics to ETIAW :(. They're amazing - and I don't say that a lot about Chris' words.

And I don’t wanna swallow such a bitter pill

so predictable imo (I like the rest of the song tho ;))

Not to mention that it's nearly a direct ripoff from a U2 song. :rolleyes:

Personally, I cringe at the verses of Fix You. And Swallowed in the Sea. And Talk. And the Hardest Part. AND WHAT IF, OH GOD.

Pretty much everything on X&Y except Speed of Sound and Twisted Logic is cringe-worthy.

Don't hate me for this bu, as much as I love that song, I can't stand the first verse of The Scientist:

Come up to meet you

tell you I'm sorry

you don't know how lovely you are.

They're just too cheesy, IMO

I'm not gonna go for the obvious Para and ETIAW so I'll choose "Took my feet down to Oxford Street" (which made me burst out laughing when I first heard it on the boat) and "Lovers keep on the road you're on/Runners until the race is run/Soldiers you've got to soldier on/Sometimes even the right is wrong"