✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My Prediction: 2013 Grammy Nomination

oldmuckers

I'm calling it now:

2013 Grammy nominations for Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals and dare I say... maybe even Record of the Year if it is released as a single.

That may not speak to the overall quality of the song (which I like so far) but you're not gonna release a genre-crossing collaboration between two of the biggest musical acts in the world, especially in today's music industry, and not get nominated for some Grammys.

Even if the artists themselves don't care about the awards the corporations behind them do. Grammy nominations and wins = a huge bump in sales and they are well aware that this song is a possible gold mine. They will push it.

Plus if the song is actually GOOD (which again I think it will be- this by no means meant to be a negative thread) that will be all the more reason for a nomination. That should be what matters most but as far as I can tell most award shows are about promotion and marketing. It's gonna get media attention. It's gonna be a mainstream hit. It will get nominated for, if not win, a Grammy.

That's my prediction!

• 1 month later...
I don't think this song will win anything big... I still think that once the masses hear Charlie Brown and HLH... shits gonna go nuts! Possibly with UiF too I have high hopes for the studio version.

As far as the grammys go, no. The grammys can sometimes be like running for student council president. Although it is important, mostly it's a popularity contest. In terms of popularity, Princess of China is the heavyweight. I haven't listened to a mainstream radio at all in the past year without hearing a Rihanna song or a song that featured her. She is everywhere.

Another point - a lot of British artists have been crossing over well in America thanks to featuring american performers in their songs. Taio Cruz and Jessie J are perfect examples. This is definitely not the case, as Coldplay is already huge in big in America, but it will definitely attract some more American fans.

To sum all of this up - Rihanna is going to add to Coldplays popularity, thus, giving them a better shot at the Grammy's.

Guest howyousawtheworld
You're probably right on Grammy nomination for the Pop collaboration, although I doubt Record of the Year

This probably.

Yes I think too, PoC will be the song of the year with a video clip with Rihanna disguised in chinese doll

51SG09R50GL.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXDfLVy1gRg]Turandot 1 in the Forbidden City of Peking China - YouTube[/ame]

maybe it's this kind