✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Setlist European tour

42JTR

Yeah and if its true that this song maybe is the "center-song" of the album (or a important one) i cant imagine they wont play it live...am i right ? :thinking:

Yeah I guess they will play it and I also really hope so because it sounds like a very cool song to me:)

Oh and they should really play Christmas Lights by the way:D

I guess they will do a predictable move and play almost the entire new album, with some greatest hits like In My Place, Yellow and Fix You, and very possibly Christmas Lights too. Or in other words, no big changes compared to the summer setlist, except that the rather surprising oldies like Shiver, Life Is For Living and Everything's Not Lost will disappear forever and be replaced by Up In Flames, DLIBYH and that stuff.

Unfortunately.

Though I wish they'd leave out Lost! and possibly In My Place (which won't happen) and add A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Spies, Amsterdam, or any obscure old track that will please the older hardcore fans instead of just the regular masses (that will faint when they see Chirs' face anyway). That way, they would also teach the general hit radio people that they have more and better to give than just a bunch of hits. Plus, they would prove that they are worth being one of the best bands out there, having the balls to surprise us instead of just playing the set everyone expects.

None of this is going to happen. Unless we officially challenge them. Do you hear me, Coldplay? Do you think you can do it? Do you dare?

I'm really afraid that it will be an extended version of the festival setlist. And that they'll replace the oldies (Shiver, Everything's Not Lost, Life Is For Living) with new album tracks (Paradise on the place of LIFL too close the main part of the set?).

My dream setlist for the Rotterdam gig (where I'll be going) would be:

01. MX

02. Hurts Like Heaven

03. Yellow

04. In My Place

05. The Scientist

06. Major Minus

07. Violet Hill

08. Up In Flames

09. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

10. Lost!

11. Politik

12. Viva La Vida

13. Charlie Brown

14. Trouble

15. Princess Of China

16. Us Against The World

17. Shiver

18. Everything's Not Lost

19. Lovers In Japan

20. Paradise

Encore:

21. Clocks

22. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

23. Christmas Lights

24. Fix You

But they'll probably add more of the new songs, but I can't judge them now because we haven't heard them yet.

I would like to see some songs back on their setlist:

1. White Shadows

2. Talk

3. AROBTTH

Songs,that could be dropped instead:

1. In my place( i like it,but am tired of )

2. Lost ( was never a big fan of this song )

3. Clocks ( dont kick me, but i have the same "problem" with In my Place...)

I am also a little tired of In My Place, great song don't get me wrong but I prefer many others. Clocks is good live because they do things a bit differently with it. I am a fan of Lost, love it.

I would like to hear Warning Sign and Death And All His Friends

07. Violet Hill

08. Up In Flames

09. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

They better not do the above - I LOVE the transition between Violet Hill and GPASUYF.

Seriously though (and I expect to get flamed for saying this) - the band has enough of a back catalogue now that they could drastically overhaul their setlist. I know that for a big production, they can't change the set list every night a la Bob Dylan but there is really no reason to keep playing the likes of

In My Place

Yellow

Politik

Fix You

The Scientist

You could (and should) replace these with other classic back catalogue tracks like

High Speed

A Rush Of Blood To The Head

Warning Sign

Amsterdam

A Message

Speed of Sound

And the set list will be dominated by tracks from Mylo Xyloto (as it rightfully should be), that's what keeps touring fresh for a band.

The band need to stop pandering to the casual (at best) fans who undoubtedly flock to their gigs and be more mindful of their true fans - some of my greatest thrills at live gigs have been to hear b sides or rarely played album tracks.

So you say you're afraid LIFL will be replaced by Paradise' date=' but still Paradise closes your dream setlist instead of LIFL? :thinking: I'm a bit confused there :lol:[/quote']

Haha, you're right. I called it my 'dream setlist' but I guess it's became more of a combo between what I hope and what I'm expecting :P

They better not do the above - I LOVE the transition between Violet Hill and GPASUYF.

Good point. As long they'll play both songs I'm happy :)

Seriously though (and I expect to get flamed for saying this) - the band has enough of a back catalogue now that they could drastically overhaul their setlist. I know that for a big production, they can't change the set list every night a la Bob Dylan but there is really no reason to keep playing the likes of

In My Place

Yellow

Politik

Fix You

The Scientist

You could (and should) replace these with other classic back catalogue tracks like

High Speed

A Rush Of Blood To The Head

Warning Sign

Amsterdam

A Message

Speed of Sound

And the set list will be dominated by tracks from Mylo Xyloto (as it rightfully should be), that's what keeps touring fresh for a band.

The band need to stop pandering to the casual (at best) fans who undoubtedly flock to their gigs and be more mindful of their true fans - some of my greatest thrills at live gigs have been to hear b sides or rarely played album tracks.

Strongly disagree, they are such popular songs because they are so brilliant, I'd be devastated of they didn't play Fix You, Yellow etc. the kind of songs you have to hear live once in a lifetime, they're incredible. But yes, they should play Warning Sign.

01. Mylo Xyloto

02. Hurts Like Heaven

03. Yellow

04. In My Place

05. Major Minus

06. Paradise

07. The Scientist

08. Princess of China?

09. Lovers in Japan? That would be funny, China then Japan.

10. GPASUYF

Acoustic Set

11. UFO

12. Us Against the World

13. Viva La Vida

14. DLIBYH

15. Cemetries of London

16. Violet Hill

17. Politik

18. Up In Flames

19. Charlie Brown

20. Up With The Birds

Encore

21. Clocks

22. Fix You

23. ETIAW

I think maybe more songs when the REAL tour starts.

01. Mylo Xyloto

02. Hurts Like Heaven

03. Yellow

04. In My Place

05. Major Minus

06. Paradise

07. The Scientist

08. Princess of China?

09. Lovers in Japan? That would be funny, China then Japan.

10. GPASUYF

Acoustic Set

11. UFO

12. Us Against the World

13. Viva La Vida

14. DLIBYH

15. Cemetries of London

16. Violet Hill

17. Politik

18. Up In Flames

19. Charlie Brown

20. Up With The Birds

Encore

21. Clocks

22. Fix You

23. ETIAW

I forgot about CL. Put CL after Charlie Brown.

For the european leg i think it would be something like this....

1.- Mylo Xyloto

2.- Hurts like heaven

3.- Yellow

4.- In my Place

5.- Paradise

6.- U.F.O

7.- Major Minus

8.- Up In Flames

9.- Lost!

10.- The Hardest Part

11.- M.M.I.X. / Talk

Acoustic