✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Predict your rating for Mylo Xyloto

TwistedPolitik

I love this thread! :D Everyone is positive! I think MX will be glorious.

Anyways, here's my score along with my scores for previous albums.

Parachutes: 9/10

A Rush of Blood to the Head: 10/10

X&Y: 8/10

Viva La Vida: 9/10

MX: 8.5-9/10

The only thing I'm disappointed in are the singles. I don't think ETIAW was single material, nor Paradise. Respectively, they're good songs (in my opinion), but they don't hold any water in the long run and fans were definitely looking for something more memorable and explosive.

What sucks about Paradise and ETIAW is that they're not fit for singles. They didn't excite anyone. Violet Hill was an amazing first single because it was SOOO different to what most people perceived Coldplay as being, and then Viva La Vida was SOO different from Violet Hill. Personally, I think they should've made Hurts Like Heaven the first single because it's different from usual Coldplay, then Princess of China, then Charlie Brown. Maybe there's another song that's just as good as those ones that we haven't heard.

I think it's the way they're doing the promo, too. They're releasing more singles over stretched out amounts of time to get people thinking about Coldplay, and then the album is released. ETIAW was released waaayyy before the album, Paradise a month before, and then the album is released. I'm just considering ETIAW and Paradise to be alike to Violet Hill (I don't mean they sound anything like Violet Hill, I'm just saying promo-wise, I see some relation). Violet Hill was a good single, but it didn't give much insight to the rest of the album. I'm hoping ETIAW and Paradise are like that.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic