✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Predict your rating for Mylo Xyloto

TwistedPolitik

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(sorry for third post)

You're obviously a complete bellend. VLV below X&Y? How could you even give MX a 5? MM was amazing, Paradise was (opinion) a great song. ETIAW... meh.

You haven't even heard all the songs - CB, HLH, PoC, which so far sound amazing.

I kinda want to quote this in my signature. I get a lot of comments on this forum like "Great post, Corkus!" and "Michael, you're brilliant!" so this is a nice change of pace for once. :D

Also, ANYBODY on this forum who has ANY opinion of Princess of China - positive or negative - is full of crap. You can't decipher a bloody thing from that one piss-poor recording we've had for months.

Rough ratings for each album. MX might be updated to a 8.5/10 once I hear the full album. :)

Parachutes: 7.75/10

A Rush of Blood to the Head: 8.75/10

X&Y: 7.75/10

Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends: 8.25/10

Mylo Xyloto: 8.25/10

Serious question: how are people scoring albums all the way to their decimal points? Do you have a mathematical formula or something that says "oh Viva la Vida is exactly 0.5 points better than Parachutes." :inquisitive:

Serious question: how are people scoring albums all the way to their decimal points? Do you have a mathematical formula or something that says "oh Viva la Vida is exactly 0.5 points better than Parachutes." :inquisitive:

Well, yes I do. Giving an album a simple "7" can be very vague. Even if it's a 7, 7.5 to a 8 it's still kind of vague. For example in my "review system" a 7 is good but bordering on just decent, 7.25 is solid, 7.5 is solid bordering on very good, 7.75 is very good bordering on great and so on.

I would totally understand a decimal system if they had 40 albums, but not 4. Like, I can understand the difference between a 7 and an 8, but nothing really separates a 7 from a 7.25 or even a 7.5

This is why I prefer a 5-point system, or better yet, a letter-grade system.

Originally I didn't. However, VLV has aged horribly in just 3 short years. I have several criticisms of X&Y (hence why I place both Parachutes and AROBTTH higher than it), but parts of Viva are just painful for me to listen to now. "Cemeteries of London" and "Strawberry Swing" are the only two tracks that I still feel hold up against previous material.

At this point, I think I could pick nearly any song on Viva and I would rate it higher than any song on X&Y. I just don't like any of X&Y's songs. At all. They're just...boring. Not to mention lyrical atrocities.

Oh well though. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Hello! My name is Mylo Xyloto and it hurts like heaven that you don't like me and are giving me these ratings. I had the intention of taking you to paradise, but I guess that my friend Charlie Brown convinced you that I will suck at it.

I guess that my friends of Coldplay were right when the told me that this ride would feel like it was us against the world. Therefore, I don't see other option than calling my girlfriend M.M.I.X. and tell her that every teardrop is a waterfall. Reading this whole thread indeed gave me a major minus feeling.

I really hope that my U.F.O. comes down here and abduct you all for not liking me. After all, I came here to convince the princess of China of not setting up this planet up in flames. So goodbye, I am going back to my planet through a hopeful transmission.

If you ever regret your bad opinion on me, don't let it break your heart since I will always be up with the birds.

Sincerely,

MX

I love the fact that almost everybody is giving AROBTTH the highest rating. It's my personal favorite. Also it's interesting that X&Y is been receiving the lowest rating, I love the album but it is in fact my least fav.

But in reality, any album that has the song Fix You in it, it's a great one for me.

I would totally understand a decimal system if they had 40 albums, but not 4. Like, I can understand the difference between a 7 and an 8, but nothing really separates a 7 from a 7.25 or even a 7.5

This is why I prefer a 5-point system, or better yet, a letter-grade system.

I gave Parachutes an 8.5 and Viva a 9 because I felt they were equally good with Viva being slightly in favour. But I was really just quickly putting a number on everything.