✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Predict your rating for Mylo Xyloto

TwistedPolitik

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parachutes - (Situations Album) 7/10

A Rush of Blood to the Head - (Feelings Album) 7,5/10 (It's full of good songs on the first 1/2 but not that much on the second 1/2)

X&Y - (Logic Album) 8,2/10 (Well balanced but a lot of songs)

Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends - (Death Album) 10/10 (Image of perfection)

Mylo Xyloto - (Chaos Album) 11/10 (Image of evolution and cleverness)

yeah, excelent description, but can`t touch My AROBTTH

AROBTTH is marvelous, but I don't consider it an Excellent album, just because there are some songs that are best in their live version (2003 specifically, like The Scientist, Amsterdam and AROBTTH, this last one soooo far).

Guest Osaka Sun
As an interesting observation, I've noticed the Viva fans have suddenly all come out of hiding. For much of the past year or two, Viva has been constantly bashed on this forum and I have often partaken in the bashing. This was after the excitement of Viva's release and hype died down and all the Viva fans seemingly vanished. Now suddenly Viva is being treated as a positive evolution for the band and a bridge to MX.

I was there all the time when the bashing happened. I became a Coldplay fan after Viva and still love it, so I'm probably an exception to the rule.

For MX, though, I would currently rate it as a 6.5. Will change when I listen to the rest of the album, but either lower or higher is uncertain (hint: I'm expecting lower).

Parachutes: 8

AROBTTH: 9.5

X&Y: 5.5

Viva: 8

For MX I'm predicting a 7. There's no way it'll top A Rush of Blood, but I think it'll be better than X&Y despite the fact that I've been extremely disappointed with the singles so far. HLH, CB, UATW an even Up In Flames are better than the majority of X&Y from what I've heard.

I think it's going to top Viva for me, honestly :) If not, it will be no lower than 3, for me it's already better than X&Y & Parachutes.

Could be:

1. MX (9.5?)

2. VLVoDAAHF (9)

3. AROBTTH (9)

4. X&Y (8.5)

5. Parachutes (7.5)

I actually give VLVoDAAHF & AROBTTH the same score, they are both brilliant in different ways, but if I had to rank them Viva would win because I have the best memories from the Viva era. I'm feeling something extra special with MX, so let's see.

I actually give VLVoDAAHF & AROBTTH the same score, they are both brilliant in different ways, but if I had to rank them Viva would win because I have the best memories from the Viva era.

That's exactly how I feel. I went from never having heard of Coldplay to loving them to bits just because of the Viva era. It's always going to be my favorite of eras because of this. :hug: