✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Predict your rating for Mylo Xyloto

TwistedPolitik

I'm expecting a 7 out of 10. A good, very solid album. Not as good as VLV, AROBTTH or Parachutes from what we've been hearing, to me at least. But better than X&Y. Maybe an 8 in fact, depending on how the studio versions of those live tracks shape up and the quality of the songs we haven't heard yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if this even gets a 9 from me. Then again, it could just as easily join X&Y and be a 6. It's very difficult for me to decide on what I think this album is gonna be like in terms of quality.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to predict any numerical value, but I'm fairly confident it will be my least favorite Coldplay album. I was lukewarm on Viva but I didn't dislike its lead singles quite as much as I'm hating these.

yup, right this.

Parachutes: 7 / 10

A Rush Of Blood To The Head: 9 / 10

X&Y: 6.5 / 10

Viva la Vida: 9 / 10

Mylo Xyloto: 8 / 10

I don't expect MX to be as good as Viva or ARoBttH, but I'm confident that we haven't heard the best songs off the album yet. The last two tracks of every Coldplay album have been amazing, and I don't expect MX to be any different. :nod:

Parachutes: 7 / 10

A Rush Of Blood To The Head: 9 / 10

X&Y: 6.5 / 10

Viva la Vida: 9 / 10

Mylo Xyloto: 8 / 10

I don't expect MX to be as good as Viva or ARoBttH, but I'm confident that we haven't heard the best songs off the album yet. The last two tracks of every Coldplay album have been amazing, and I don't expect MX to be any different. :nod:

I think I'd switch Parachutes and MX, but the rest of your post is pretty perfect.

:kiss:

Oh fine, I'll give numerical values.

Parachutes: 8

AROBTTH: 9

X&Y: 7

VLVODAAHF: 5

So I'm predicting lower than a 5/10, and that's assuming the rest of the album is indeed less atrocious than the studio songs we've heard so far (ETIAW, Major Minus, Paradise).

Oh fine, I'll give numerical values.

Parachutes: 8

AROBTTH: 9

X&Y: 7

VLVODAAHF: 5

So I'm predicting lower than a 5/10, and that's assuming the rest of the album is indeed less atrocious than the studio songs we've heard so far (ETIAW, Major Minus, Paradise).

It's extremely depressing to me that you find X&Y a better album than Viva la Vida. :sad: