✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Predict your rating for Mylo Xyloto

TwistedPolitik

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for me in the worst scenario I'll give it 7 from what we've heard, I didn't LOVE the singles, but I liked a lot. I think we can't judge an album by it's singles, X&Y has 2 awesome singles (Fix You and Talk) but the album overall is quite week. So I'll wait until I get to hear it.

9/10. Easily.

I don't understand why people don't like Coldplay's new music. Yes, it's different, but that doesn't mean it isn't good. I think we're looking at one of the best albums in the last 20 years. Mylo Xyloto will easily be their best album to date, and a musical triumph, in my opinion.

It's extremely depressing to me that you find X&Y a better album than Viva la Vida. :sad:

Originally I didn't. However, VLV has aged horribly in just 3 short years. I have several criticisms of X&Y (hence why I place both Parachutes and AROBTTH higher than it), but parts of Viva are just painful for me to listen to now. "Cemeteries of London" and "Strawberry Swing" are the only two tracks that I still feel hold up against previous material.

I'm kind of uncomfortable with the idea of rating something without hearing the whole product, but I'll do it to see how my prediction stands up, which I guess is the point :P

Parachutes: 9.5

AROBTTH: 10 (I hesitate to give anything a perfect 10 ever, but I think this is one of two albums in the world that gets that rating from me)

X&Y: 6.5

VLV: 7.5

MX: 6

I think Viva's a great album, just not in the ways I was hoping for it to be great. Even though X&Y is so far their weakest work to me, I also think it can be underrated, and does some things very well, if it does others weakly. MX, I'm confident I won't hate it as a whole, and I'm confident I'm probably going to like it for what it is. The thing I struggle with is that it's going to be a pop album, a consciously-pop album meant to be a smash hit with the radio crowd, whereas I feel like their first two albums were more "we're going to make this thing, and, wow, that got to be a huge record-breaking single? That's not what I expected at all, but that's fabulous," and the second two were "we know how to write a huge single now, let's see if we can do it again, and if not there's more alternative stuff on the record too." I guess I just have a hard time getting over that albums like Viva and potentially MX were created by the same band who did Parachutes and AROBTTH.