✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[26-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas, Madrid, Spain (Please post your reviews pg 85

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was soooo nice to Meet yoou !!! my pleasure ..

did you go to Coldplay party, after the show, btw?!

"@Claudia, thank you so much for the bracelets .. they worked!! i kept yellow and pink one for me :D

the wristband that they gave me during the show still keeps shining , actually it´s twinkling :D love it!!!

what a great show .. i was back to BCN just a while ago and i have to get up early in the morning 2 moro for my next trips .. so unfortunately, i am not able to write review or share the pictures for now .. but one word it was fabulous!

P.S what a strange stage :D

Me, rush and fernando we did not go to coldplay party we went to macdonals instead after the gig :laugh4: it was pretty cool

You very welcome tamunia :) i still have some left :lol: ill keep them for others gigs, maybe we can use it again! we will never know :P :)

I think i´ve said this for hundreds times, but from all 5 gig i see from coldplay this was the best :) spanish people was incredible and very friendly, in the Paradise part this couple behind us called me to show their elephant :lol: we danced a bit together, it was really fun

aaah the venue is indeed beautifull!! I was really impressive by its awesomeness :|

I just finished watching the show online again. I have to say, I completely take back what I said earlier. The finished product (and watching in a quiet room without my 4 year old screaming) definitely made a difference! I love all the mistakes they made (BEST was God Put a Smile on Your Face!) and their energy was amazing - both theirs and the crowd's. The vocals didn't seem as bad second time around, maybe because I didn't listen to them much today other than on XM Radio with the occasional studio song.

I am super excited for their tour and wouldn't mind this setlist at all. It was pretty complete. But it's always nice to throw in a few older songs they usually don't perform.

Thanks for all the amazing pictures! Wish I had actually been there!

this is an interesting review from El Pais...

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/cultu...lpepucul_8/Tes

this

"Que hablen de que cometemos plagios es una mierda que nos irrita", enunció Martin sin elevar la voz, pero con semblante muy serio. "Es muy legítimo que no te guste Coldplay, pero las acusaciones falsas nos sublevan. Y, supongo, la mala hostia de algunos termina motivándote...". Menos furibundo, pero elocuentemente lacónico, se mostró cuando una periodista le sugirió que invitase a su mujer a cantar en los discos de la banda. "¿Qué clase de pregunta es esa? Gwyneth es una mujer maravillosa, pero no, no va a cantar con nosotros. Hasta ahí contestaré".

google says:

"That talk we commit plagiarism is a shit that annoys us," Martin enunciated without raising his voice, but with very serious face. "It is legitimate not to like Coldplay, but we rise up false accusations. And, I suppose, poor host of some finished motivating you ...". Less angry, but eloquently laconic, was when a journalist suggested he invite his wife to sing on albums by the band. "What kind of question is that? Gwyneth is a wonderful woman, but it's not going to sing with us. So much for answer."

This appeared on the cover in the paper version the day after the concert, This is great, cultural news in this newspaper are rarely in the central part of the cover,

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/cultu...lpepicul_1/Tes

AND PICS OF COURSE

http://www.elpais.com/fotogaleria/Co...pucul_1/Zes/12

http://www.elpais.com/fotogaleria/Co...pucul_1/Zes/10

please....alguien sabe como se dice mala hostia en ingles? google no es muy bueno con los tacos y lo ha traducido poor host :lol:

:lol: :lol: in portuguese is hostia de um cabrão :lol: :lol:

Hey Jason!

I'm happy you arrived safe and sound at home! :) It must have been a nightmare, i really hate long flights! Anyway it wasn't until now that i realized ColdplayVevo split the whole show, so you should probably try downloading it from here (thanks to all the awesome coldplayers).

Mish

Thanks, Mish! (and awesome Coldplayers!)

Yeah, it was a lot of traveling... pretty much 24 hours full traveling (driving, airports, flying, layovers) each time, each direction for me. Totally worth it though. :cool:

As part of the VIP Golden Ticket thing, they had this little area with food and drinks and such, and also Coldplayesque photo ops...

Here's one of the photos of me (I would post Oz's too, but he might kill me): (:laugh3:)

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-69.jpg

Jason

Thanks, Mish! (and awesome Coldplayers!)

Yeah, it was a lot of traveling... pretty much 24 hours full traveling (driving, airports, flying, layovers) each time, each direction for me. Totally worth it though. :cool:

As part of the VIP Golden Ticket thing, they had this little area with food and drinks and such, and also Coldplayesque photo ops...

Here's one of the photos of me (I would post Oz's too, but he might kill me): (:laugh3:)

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-69.jpg

Jason

Hahaha...That's classic. Love Chris's "look," like he's making sure you're doing it right!

My Coldplay Day

Hello everybody :)

I'm going to share with you my ''Coldplay Day''

On October 25th I received a tweet (from Twitter) wich says me and oter 3 persons are the winners of a EMI Spain contest to go to the Mylo Xyloto's press conference in Madrid ( :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ). The contest was make a/some question to any member of the group (I send a lot, but the question that was choosen was ''Why did you chose Rihanna to collaborate on ''Princes Of China''.. The best of this? I was the winner who had to ask to Chris Martin ( :shocked2: )

Mylo Xyloto was also released on Spain that day and I bought it after have lunch to listen it before all.

6300700162_04ace72126_z.jpg

6300700042_c7fef47ec6_z.jpg

On October 26th I went home to have a shower, eat something.... and then I went to the Hotel Puerta de América, in wich the press conference was.

When I arrived there were a lot of people and cameras from all around the world.

After wait some minutes, our ''guide'' gave us a pink bracelet with ''Mylo Xyloto Coldplay'' on it, and then he led us to the press room and.... we had reserved seats in the front row! While we were waiting (it started al 4 p.m.) Mylo Xyloto was been played.

6300330659_2620ab7007_z.jpg

6300637182_56b70a59d1.jpg

6300641062_6ef9c8858f.jpg

With a delay of 15min, Coldplay finally arrived and the Spanish journalist Tania Llasera (she was the translator) made a little introduction and then was our questions moment... (You have that moment in previous pages)

I was the last of our four in make the question, I was so nervous and when I said to them ''Congratulations for your album, it's amazing'' Chris understood ''missing'' and I thought OMG I can die :dead: , but then I repeat it good and he understood... and then I made the question.

All they were so funny and amazing in the conference... I remember some funny comments about a Greek journalist that was dressed like an ancient Greek girl, the Chris Martin's ego that was on a glass that crushed in the middle of the conference.....

When it finished Chris signed some CD's, talked to people... (but only 5min because they had to rehearse :( )

6300645368_31dc6c19eb.jpg

6300118671_231211cda9.jpg

6300122559_50c2915464.jpg

6300124979_1200608e1d.jpg

6300127375_859c1f9e34.jpg

6300147687_318e88c1ea.jpg

After that I went home (I don't know how :laugh3: ) and shared the experience with my family and some friends until 7 p.m., when I went to Las Ventas to go to the concert.

When I arrived, there was a very long queue to enter, but after 20min I finaly entered, and when I enterde a man gave me a white handkerchief that was going to be used during the concert (to imitate the bullfighting) [A lights bracelet was also given for some people, you can see them on ''Hurts Like Heaven''].

I also bought a dark blue pull with ''Coldplay'' on it and the Mylo Xyloto's songs symbols on it (It isn't on sale on the official store :confused: )

Well... what can I say about the concert? it was AMAZING: fireworks, lasers, butterflies.... When it finished I felt the luckiest person in the world :angel: I have put small photos, if not, the page is too big

6300800522_a36768bccd.jpg

6300803268_d740ce684f.jpg

6300810002_27462194c1.jpg

6300286435_4bc0fa09c8.jpg

6300293641_3052782b79.jpg

6300297679_90487e79e5.jpg

On October 25th I received a tweet (from Twitter) wich says me and oter 3 persons are the winners of a EMI Spain contest to go to the Mylo Xyloto's press conference in Madrid ( :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ). The contest was make a/some question to any member of the group (I send a lot, but the question that was choosen was ''Why did you chose Rihanna to collaborate on ''Princes Of China''.. The best of this? I was the winner who had to ask to Chris Martin ( :shocked2: )

Mylo Xyloto was also released on Spain that day and I bought it after have lunch to listen it before all.

On October 26th I went home to have a shower, eat something.... and then I went to the Hotel Puerta de América, in wich the press conference was.

When I arrived there were a lot of people and cameras from all around the world.

After wait some minutes, our ''guide'' gave us a pink bracelet with ''Mylo Xyloto Coldplay'' on it, and then he led us to the press room and.... we had reserved seats in the front row! While we were waiting (it started al 4 p.m.) Mylo Xyloto was been played.

With a delay of 15min, Coldplay finally arrived and the Spanish journalist Tania Llasera (she was the translator) made a little introduction and then was our questions moment... (You have that moment in previous pages)

I was the last of our four in make the question, I was so nervous and when I said to them ''Congratulations for your album, it's amazing'' Chris understood ''missing'' and I thought OMG I can die :dead: , but then I repeat it good and he understood... and then I made the question.

Oh, you're so lucky! That must have been such a thrill to have been able to ask them a question. Congratulations! :)

All they were so funny and amazing in the conference... I remember some funny comments about a Greek journalist that was dressed like an ancient Greek girl, the Chris Martin's ego that was on a glass that crushed in the middle of the conference.....

When it finished Chris signed some CD's, talked to people... (but only 5min because they had to rehearse :( )

6300645368_31dc6c19eb.jpg

6300118671_231211cda9.jpg

6300122559_50c2915464.jpg

6300124979_1200608e1d.jpg

6300127375_859c1f9e34.jpg

6300147687_318e88c1ea.jpg

After that I went home (I don't know how :laugh3: ) and shared the experience with my family and some friends until 7 p.m., when I went to Las Ventas to go to the concert.

When I arrived, there was a very long queue to enter, but after 20min I finaly entered, and when I enterde a man gave me a white handkerchief that was going to be used during the concert (to imitate the bullfighting) [A lights bracelet was also given for some people, you can see them on ''Hurts Like Heaven''].

I also bought a dark blue pull with ''Coldplay'' on it and the Mylo Xyloto's songs symbols on it (It isn't on sale on the official store :confused: )

Well... what can I say about the concert? it was AMAZING: fireworks, lasers, butterflies.... When it finished I felt the luckiest person in the world :angel: I have put small photos, if not, the page is too big

6300800522_a36768bccd.jpg

6300803268_d740ce684f.jpg

6300810002_27462194c1.jpg

6300286435_4bc0fa09c8.jpg

6300293641_3052782b79.jpg

6300297679_90487e79e5.jpg

thanks for sharing your experience, Did they invite you to the concert?

porque no estabas en tendido 9 vip no?

thanks for sharing your experience, Did they invite you to the concert?

porque no estabas en tendido 9 vip no?

Firts of all, I bought my ticket in pre-sale. After the press conference, the man who was with us came to say thank you to us and asked the 2 people without tickets if he gave one they were going to go with a 100% of safety, and then he went to talk with the people of EMI -I suppose- and brought them one ticket, but it was like a ''commitment'', they didn't have planned give us tickets.

SP: Yo compré mi entrada en preventa. Cuando acabó la rueda de prensa, el hombre que estaba con nosotros vino a darnos las gracias y preguntó a las 2 personas sin entrada que si les diera una iriían con 100% de seguridad, y fue -supongo- a preguntar a los de EMI, y al final vino con un para cada uno, pero era como un ''compromiso'' porque no tenían planeado darnos entradas ni nada