✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[26-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas, Madrid, Spain (Please post your reviews pg 85

Complete Setlist:

1. Mylo Xyloto

2. Hurts Like Heaven

3. Yellow

4. In My Place

5. Major Minus

6. Lost!

7. The Scientist

8. Violet Hill

9. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

10. Paradise

11. Up In Flames

12. 'Til Kingdome Come

13. Politik

14. Viva La Vida

15. Charlie Brown

16. Life Is For Living

[Encore]

17. Clocks

18. Fix you

19. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Really? I thought for sure there would be a little bit of a change up and more from MX...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was just an average show, I thought it was gonna be amazing since they're releasing MX and also hoped they'd include more new songs on it, but they just played the normal setlist once again. I hope this changes when the proper tour starts.

It was just an average show, I thought it was gonna be amazing since they're releasing MX and also hoped they'd include more new songs on it, but they just played the normal setlist once again. I hope this changes when the proper tour starts.

Exactly! I was a bit disappointed actually. I really thought they would add more new songs. They even skipped UATW! I really love Til Kingdom Come, but why play an oldie like that when you have a new record with a track like UATW?

I still think the setlist is too short for a proper concert. How long did they play? 75 minutes, 80 minutes max? Thats way too short for a band like Coldplay. During the festival gigs it's explainable, but not for a real concert for the real fans. And I think I've seen too many shows this year so far because there aren't really any surprises left for me during the gig. I know when Chris finishes Politik he's gonna play a Viva intro on the piano and when the crowd recognizes is as VLV the song starts. I know when In My Place is finished Chris is going to talk to the crowd in their language and excusing himself 'because his [put in language of the country] is fucking terrible'. And why still play the Amy tribute? And so on.

I was really happy with the atmosphere though. The venue looked amazing and Anton Corbijn did an excellent job. Some shots (especially aerial shots) were amazing. I also laughed when Chris smashed down his guitar after GPASUYF.

Conclusion: an average Coldplay concert, with a bit more mistakes than we're used to actually. I'm really hoping for a new setlist for the coming European tour, because there is just no surprise left for me. And it has to be longer, come on guys, you're not playing festival gigs anymore!

Exactly! I was a bit disappointed actually. I really thought they would add more new songs. They even skipped UATW! I really love Til Kingdom Come, but why play an oldie like that when you have a new record with a track like UATW?

I still think the setlist is too short for a proper concert. How long did they play? 75 minutes, 80 minutes max? Thats way too short for a band like Coldplay. During the festival gigs it's explainable, but not for a real concert for the real fans. And I think I've seen too many shows this year so far because there aren't really any surprises left for me during the gig. I know when Chris finishes Politik he's gonna play a Viva intro on the piano and when the crowd recognizes is as VLV the song starts. I know when In My Place is finished Chris is going to talk to the crowd in their language and excusing himself 'because his [put in language of the country] is fucking terrible'. And why still play the Amy tribute? And so on.

I was really happy with the atmosphere though. The venue looked amazing and Anton Corbijn did an excellent job. Some shots (especially aerial shots) were amazing. I also laughed when Chris smashed down his guitar after GPASUYF.

Conclusion: an average Coldplay concert, with a bit more mistakes than we're used to actually. I'm really hoping for a new setlist for the coming European tour, because there is just no surprise left for me. And it has to be longer, come on guys, you're not playing festival gigs anymore!

I agree completely! I was so excited for this, even asked my painting instructor to stream it live on the projector screen during class, which he did, but then felt disappointed as it reminded me of VLV tour with a few new songs thrown in. I preferred the setlist at the beginning of summer when they had Shiver and Everything's Not Lost in there. I rather they go way back to Parachutes and RBTTH than just back to VLV for retro songs. I am so over hearing Lost and Violet Hill and VLV for that matter. I know they won't drop VLV, but drop the other two please.

I only watched about 7 or 8 songs but I can see already that Chris was little over excited, the vocals weren't great, a little painful at times. Granted, they were having fun, which is great to see. The audience was phenomenal and the venue was spectacular and unique. Like someone else said earlier, perhaps we've been spoiled since we've seen EVERY festival and live performance in 4 months so nothing is a surprise to us. It would be great for them to mix things up a bit. I do hope that the official tour will be slightly different as I feel like I've seen it all. The setlist did seem a bit short, but was still okay. I was front row here in Toronto for their gig at Much Music in September and I felt the performance was super solid...maybe they're just getting tired and need a bit of a break.

Like someone else said earlier, perhaps we've been spoiled since we've seen EVERY festival and live performance in 4 months so nothing is a surprise to us. It would be great for them to mix things up a bit. I do hope that the official tour will be slightly different as I feel like I've seen it all. The setlist did seem a bit short, but was still okay.

I guess you're right, I saw almost every festival show this summer (and I watched/listened the Glastonbury and Rock Werchter concerts over and over, which are basically the same). Maybe this event was a bit overhyped and maybe I expected too much because of MX release week.

They'll probably aren't ready yet to play some of the new songs live. I mean, there must be a reason they played PoC only one time at a concert (and that was during the first show this year). I really hope that they'll use the upcoming 1,5 month to rehears some of the new songs and to have a look at the setlist and make it LONGER. I would be so disappointed if they play the same show I saw at Rock Werchter live and saw multiple times during the other festival gigs.

Maybe I just shouldn't watch any shows again till december :P

It has been sooo epic :vuvuzela:.

Tomorrow I'm going to see the streaming :).

P.S.: maria_shiver I was just behind you, but I'm soo shy and I didn't say anything :facepalm:.

P.P.S.: I got some Ms and Xs of confetti :P.

Ok! Jason

here the row http://twitpic.com/75zcvx

@ColdplaySpain

thanks Fernando (ColdplayerMálaga))

Sorry - I had no Internet access so didn't see your message - I did see you all there though, as we wandered around a lot - I probably even have pics of you!

Concert was AWESOME!!! I took pics and stuff and will try to get some up (almost 3am here now and have barely slept since I landed...)

Jason