✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[26-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas, Madrid, Spain (Please post your reviews pg 85

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been sooo epic :vuvuzela:.

Tomorrow I'm going to see the streaming :).

P.S.: maria_shiver I was just behind you, but I'm soo shy and I didn't say anything :facepalm:.

P.P.S.: I got some Ms and Xs of confetti :P.

OMG I kill you!!! :P quien eras la chica con la chaqueta blanca? y como me has reconocido??? dímelo en privado!!!! te mato!!! sorry by the avi I see that you are a boy...I'm totally clueless

Okay, this is going to be a short review, as it's now 3:30 am as I start writing this...

I came all the way from California for this show, and had high expectations, and came away just absolutely thrilled - thought it was a fantastic show (muy bueno!). Coolest venue ever. Now, the "Hidden Gigs" from last December were incredible because of their small and intimate nature - this show was spectacular by the gravitas of the venue. Just awesome.

I only found one other Coldplaying member (photo of her and her friend at the bottom - I'll let her identify herself if she'd like!), as I had almost no Internet connectivity, but really enjoyed chatting with her before and after the show.

The sound I think was the best I'd heard at a Coldplay show - not sure if they had different rented (local) gear in addition to their own or it was the acoustics of the venue or what, but it was awesome.

Loved the show itself. I am a huge Anton Corbijn fan, so not having seen the broadcast product yet, I can't comment on that aspect. There was a really cool "flying" video cam up top on wires that could basically capture anything in the arena (posted a pic below). Would have liked more of his influence in the visuals (a la the Depeche Mode 'Devotional' film and tour), but I know they didn't have as much lead up time for this show.

I thought the set list was great. Of course, Coldplay always leave you wanting more... but that's a tribute to how many great songs they have. I wished, from the new album, they'd done "Up With the Birds" and "Princess of China". But you can't have everything.

Anyway, I'm sure everyone here watched it themsevles, so I'll just post some still pics I took below...

Oh, and the "Premium Golden Ticket" was actually more more than I was expecting, compared with the VIP tickets I got for the UCLA/MusicCares gig... they had a cool room set up with free drinks and finger foods, and they let you take funny pics that you are supposed to be able to download with a code on the laminate/lanyard (haven't looked for them yet).

The light up bracelets were really cool in the show... I got a few of those but gave the extras to some other fans in other sections that didn't have them, and just kept one for myself. Also got one of the beach balls. And one other really, really, really cool thing was gifted to me. :cool:

Oh, and it did rain - I thought it was a cool, environmentally-friendly effect. :lol:

Enjoy (all in high res if you want a specific one e-mail me)

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-00.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-01.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-02.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-03.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-04.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-05.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-06.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-07.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-08.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-09.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-10.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-11.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-12.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-13.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-14.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-15.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-16.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-17.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-18.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-19.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-20.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-21.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-22.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-23.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-24.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-25.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-26.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-27.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-28.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-29.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-30.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-31.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-32.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-33.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-34.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-35.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-36.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-37.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-38.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-39.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-40.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-41.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-42.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-43.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-44.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-45.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-46.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-47.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-48.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-49.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-50.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-51.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-52.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-53.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-54.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-55.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-56.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-57.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-58.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-59.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-60.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-61.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-62.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-63.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-64.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-65.JPG

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-66.JPG

Sorry - I had no Internet access so didn't see your message - I did see you all there though, as we wandered around a lot - I probably even have pics of you!

Concert was AWESOME!!! I took pics and stuff and will try to get some up (almost 3am here now and have barely slept since I landed...)

Jason

Well Jason was awesome concert, I hope your pics :P Ana, Claudia and I tried to see you, but I can not be! sorry:\

Jason, I just Figured out that my iPad using OS5 can connect to my hdtv through appletv so I am now watching the rebroadcast on my big tv! I'm looking for you :). Thanks for your review. I'm looking forward to more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very satisfying setlist for any fans and Chris had a lot of energy. I like all the songs they played but I wish they had played more of the new songs like Don't Let It Break Your Heart and Up With The Birds. Also, whose idea was it to remove Us Against The World from the setlist? Fire him now :D!

After 5 great albums, Coldplay's catalog is now full of hit songs. They need to "let go" of some of their favorites and make room for the new ones per example Violet Hill and In My Place (and I really love those songs). This will be the MX Tour so please make it about the new songs. Or they can just play a 120 minutes long show (I have no problem with that)

Thanks for the pictures :thumbsup: Hope you've ENJOYED :nice:

^I think that link that was posted is missing Yellow/IMP

Here are Yellow & In My Place videos ;) :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azcZ6VUb4zo]Yellow-Coldplay American Express UNSTAGED Live At Las Ventas ( Madrid) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbmRlwHHdIk]In My Place-Coldplay American Express UNSTAGED Live At Las Ventas ( Madrid) - YouTube[/ame]

is anybody ripping the whole concert in the HD stream? I really hope so, I am trying, I've got it hooked onto my program, for all three angles but I am affraid if anything happens within the next hour.. hopefully all goes well.. the quality is amazing ... and umm if any body can help out by recording the interview in all three angles in the highest rawest stream/not desktop recording please ..

It was just an average show, I thought it was gonna be amazing since they're releasing MX and also hoped they'd include more new songs on it, but they just played the normal setlist once again. I hope this changes when the proper tour starts.

when will the proper tour start...?! Did i just pay a lot of money (rotterdam, Netherlands) for a 1,5 hour concert?

It was just an average show, I thought it was gonna be amazing since they're releasing MX and also hoped they'd include more new songs on it, but they just played the normal setlist once again. I hope this changes when the proper tour starts.

You have to be considerate of just how hectic Coldplay's schedule has been lately. I really doubt they even had the time to work out any new live songs or move the setlist around.

Let's reserve our judgement until the boys have a bit more time.

I think they stuck to the original setlist because it was just released a few days ago. The people don't know all of the new songs. Plus, it isn't an album tour. It's a promotional tour.

Yeah, and what are they promoting? Probably not VLVODAAHF ;)