✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[26-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas, Madrid, Spain (Please post your reviews pg 85

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say that UIF wasn't just trending in Brazil, it was TT worldwide yesterday. Even higher than ETIAW.

I like TT's (when they're not about Justin Bieber).

And like most people, I really hope they'll change the setlist for the upcoming tour. This is getting so boring. A big part of the excitement during a concert is hearing the first notes of an unexpected favourite.

Edit: and thank you Jason for your review and shitload of pics. :awesome:

This is gonna be a Live DVD/Bluray, right? Just like U2 did for youtube that become a DVD?

edit: I see now that thank the viewers from Portugal, nobody tell him that in Portugal, the show wasn't available...

noticed that too!!! if you want to thank us next time make sure it's available! :P

Coldplay-Madrid.jpg

Coldplay - Live In Madrid: Anton Corbijn helmed livestream

Plaza de Toros colosseum, Madrid

Clash had a perfect view of Coldplay's staggering interactive gig in Madrid last night, sat on an upper level of the impressive Plaza de Toros Colosseum - but thanks to the magic of the Internet, you could be seeing it up close!

The gig was the latest in the series of the livestream shows by American Express Unstaged (following on from Arcade Fire, My Morning Jacket and more) who pair up performers with innovative filmmakers to create a stunning multi-sensory experience, while streaming it live online. Coldplay called upon friend and Control director Anton Corbijn to helm the visuals for their unique Spanish concert.

Filmed by fourteen cameras across the bullfighting landmark, including a Spider-Cam, which could span the whole venue in one tracking shot while almost reaching up Chris Martin's nostrils, the band performed a set that spanned classic hits as well as debuts for much of their latest album, the brilliant 'Mylo Xyloto'. The backdrop featured six screens, which throughout the night flickered with images specially designed or chosen by Corbijn, supplying a thrilling accompaniment to Coldplay's music. And the fireworks were pretty bloody special too.

Confetti was fired out at the emotional climax of 'In My Place', fluttering and circling around the trapped wind of the arena. Balloons cascaded down from the upper tiers during 'Lost!', and were bounced around by the crowd. But it was the gathered fans who lent the show the most atmosphere - their spontaneous eruptions of 'Olé, Olé, Olé' at the end of 'Til Kingdom Come' resounded for most of the night, eventually replaced by the primal chant of 'Viva La Vida'.

All the while, millions of viewers round the world were tuning in and watching live - it was being shown as a VEVO event on YouTube, where viewers could choose their own camera angles and direct their own experience. But fear not if you missed it, for the show will be streamed live for the next couple of days for you to devour and enjoy - without being soaked by Madrid's evening rain.

Head over now to http://www.youtube.com/coldplayVEVO to see for yourself the enthusiasm of the Spanish crowds and their passionate devotion to Coldplay, not to mention Anton Corbijn's perfect visual realisations, or Chris Martin's emotional tribute to Amy Winehouse in 'Fix You'. Hurry, it'll be gone soon. In the meantime, if you're on Facebook, simply 'Like' the American Express Entertainment tab on their page and you'll receive three free tracks from the evening.

http://www.clashmusic.com/live-review/coldplay-live-in-madrid

People keep wondering why they didn't play more songs from Mylo Xyloto. They played seven - that's half the new album. Just because we Coldplayers have been following the band's every show since June, doesn't mean the rest of the world has. It would be nice if they added more songs to the setlist - they played 24-25 on the Viva tour, but I wouldn't want them all to be from MX. That said, I would LOVE to see DLIBYH live.

People keep wondering why they didn't play more songs from Mylo Xyloto. They played seven - that's half the new album. Just because we Coldplayers have been following the band's every show since June, doesn't mean the rest of the world has. It would be nice if they added more sings to the setlist - they played 24-25 on the Viva tour, but I wouldn't want them all to be from MX. That said, I would LOVE to see DLIBYH live.

Well said, I agree.

Thnaks for the pictures Jason, I saw you in the queu but i was so shy to introduced me :embarrassed:

Mi first Coldpaly show and I´m the happiest girl in the world :P

:laugh3: Aw, that's too bad. I'm harmless. :)

Glad you loved the show - as far as my opinion goes, if you were going to see one first Coldplay show, hard to beat that one!

Jason

@ jason we saw u outside but felt to shy to talk to u, inside we thought we have seen u and when maria asked we pointed the wrong guy, sorry :(

it was my best coldplay concert, still had no time to download/watch it (too tired) but have the best memories. fernando is the best, maria great girl, tamuria (sorry if its wrong) very nice girl.

Heey everyone! What a night :D i want thank fernando for the patience of being with us and Maria :) you´re really nice persons :) and tamunia hope your glow stick worked :P i used the purple/blue one, not the best choice lol

and my bracelet the ones that they were giving away in the venue is still shining :lol: its been 24h exactly now and the bracelet is unstopable :laugh4: