✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[26-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas, Madrid, Spain (Please post your reviews pg 85

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ jason we saw u outside but felt to shy to talk to u, inside we thought we have seen u and when maria asked we pointed the wrong guy, sorry :(

it was my best coldplay concert, still had no time to download/watch it (too tired) but have the best memories. fernando is the best, maria great girl, tamuria (sorry if its wrong) very nice girl.

Heey everyone! What a night :D i want thank fernando for the patience of being with us and Maria :) you´re really nice persons :) and tamunia hope your glow stick worked :P i used the purple/blue one, not the best choice lol

and my bracelet the ones that they were giving away in the venue is still shining :lol: its been 24h exactly now and the bracelet is unstopable :laugh4:

Thanks girls was a wonderful night! a pleasure to meet you!

we could prepare the next concert soon!!! OK:wink3:

I think it was the best concert I've seen:lol:

was a magic night! also by the company Ana and Claudia, loved to meet you:kiss:

Greetings to all which I didn't saw but you were in the environment, Eva, Tamunia, Viza, Fernando, Sergio ... and Teo;)

Jason, thanks for the pics was the first thing I saw when I get home I needed to realize that I had been real

Thanks guys was a great night!

It was soooo nice to Meet yoou !!! my pleasure ..

did you go to Coldplay party, after the show, btw?!

"@Claudia, thank you so much for the bracelets .. they worked!! i kept yellow and pink one for me :D

the wristband that they gave me during the show still keeps shining , actually it´s twinkling :D love it!!!

what a great show .. i was back to BCN just a while ago and i have to get up early in the morning 2 moro for my next trips .. so unfortunately, i am not able to write review or share the pictures for now .. but one word it was fabulous!

P.S what a strange stage :D

Hey everyone!

So I'm sitting in my hotel room, which has a balcony... it's 3:30 am (I think I'm still on California time). I hear singing outside, so I go out on the balcony and people are singing the Viva chat! :shocked2: At 3:30 am. :D Love this city.

For all who had an overall negative opinion of the show, my sense from being "on the ground" here is that the vast majority of the actual live audience loved it to death. It was an awesome, awesome concert and will be a very positive and permanent experience in my life. Was such a great show - forgot to mention in my late, late night mini review that it was one of those shows that gave me shivers (even though they didn't play it LOL) and bits of adrenaline rush throughout. Such an awesome show. :)

Jason

^absolutely agreed ..

it was one of the Most epic Coldplay shows I have ever seen (live or at my computer .. and i have seen loads of them)

As much as i loved the band´s performance, i loved the crowd .. everyone was so into it and there were great sing-alongs :) i was just thrilled during the scientist and Viva La Vida

and the rain .. it rained only in the beginning and in the end (ETIAW) of the concert .. and it was just perfect ...

@Jason, I can see myself in the line in one of your pictures :D

@Jason, I can see myself in the line in one of your pictures :D

:laugh3: Yeah, Oz and I were wandering around the stadium for many hours - I probably have photos of everyone on one picture or another. ;) Just couldn't get enough of the venue and was a little concerned that the box office would never open so I could get my tix! ;)

Jason

^ looking at your pictures now, i am pretty sure i saw you .. moreover, I remember someone standing (actually still sitting on the ground) close to me said that she suddenly confused you with Jonny, because you look like him :)

:lol: I actually got that a few times... he's much better looking. Plus I don't have the cool British accent. And I don't know how to play guitar. I think it was just because I was wearing at hat at the show, really. ;)

Jason

I only found one other Coldplaying member (photo of her and her friend at the bottom - I'll let her identify herself if she'd like!), as I had almost no Internet connectivity, but really enjoyed chatting with her before and after the show.

Coldplay-Unstaged-Madrid-65.JPG

Thank you, Jason! I was so happy to meet you and Oz. You are true fans and lol i guess it's Coldplay's setlist that Oz found the other night. Awesome :)

And also I have to say that the show was incredible! I loved every single song the guys did. I really can't wait to meet them again!

Mish

I'm only able to review today the show...I am sorry I didn't meet any of you guys, but we all had a blast so that's the important thing!!

I arrived at the venue at 4:00 pm and one of the guys in the queue had the idea to write numbers on our hands in order to make things more civilized, and it worked quite ok!I still can't remove my number 232 from my hand ;) When we arrived they were doing soundcheck and could hear Paradise, ETIAW and Major Minus, and some Hurts Like Heaven, just to have a sample on what was coming our way,

The wait was long but I had a good time with people in the queue so a shoutout to them (a guy named Javi, two girls from Seville and another one with a MX shirt, whose names I can't remember) 'cause I know some are on coldplaying!;)

When doors opened we managed to get a good spot, on the X corner on the right...we were very close and it proved to be a great place since jonny and Chris came just in front of us for In my place and GPASUYF, and the acustic part.

The opening with all those wristbands shining was stunning, really, I still have goosebumps when I think of it.

I have to admit that I expected a different setilst from the festivals, and I hoped that they would play Don't let it break your heart or UFO or Up with the Birds...but I guess that only die-hard fans like us coldplayers had followed all the festivals and know what to expect, this was a concert meant to impress people around the world and make them want to buy Mylo,and I think it succeeded. The friend with me likes Coldplay but he's not a fan of them, and was thrilled by the setlist, the new songs, the confetti, the lights...and definitely enjoyed everything.

I did too, of course!!Loved the acustic bit, since they were so close!When Chris moved from the piano after Up in Flames to leave room to Will, he turned our way and said "thank you!", which got me thrilled :lol:and I was even more thrilled to hear "till kingdom come". I was expecting Us against the world, though, and I'm sad I didn't get to hear it!I really thought that Chris was going to sing a bit of Don Quixote after, since it would have fit so well with the weather!

Can't rememeber who asked it, but Chris started laughing on Politik, I bet he was trying to find sometihng witty to say but couldn't figure out anything, and came up with "give me Jonny on guitar, give me Guy on bass" :laugh3:

and it was the first time for me to hear ETIAW live, I have to say that with the rain and everything it turned out epic, such a good energy!

People were expecting another encore, but the only one coming on stage was a elephant head so we realized it was definitely over!

I had a great time and I'm looking forward to watch it over and over again!!also,

I want to discover if my butterfly was the first to appear when they played Paradise, I think so but I'm not sure!

I'm sorry I have practically no pics, I was focusing on the concert, I'll try to steal something from my friend because he has a couple of good shots!

Thank you, Jason! I was so happy to meet you and Oz. You are true fans and lol i guess it's Coldplay's setlist that Oz found the other night. [\QUOTE]

Hi Mish,

LOL. No.... You should have stuck around a little longer... ;). This one is mine. :cool:

Awesome to meet you too - you should try to get to the London show!

Jason

^ looking at your pictures now, i am pretty sure i saw you .. moreover, I remember someone standing (actually still sitting on the ground) close to me said that she suddenly confused you with Jonny, because you look like him :)

yes!!! jason looks like jonny :D

Not sure where to post this.

and sorry if it's been posted before but I just found this on youtube.

thanks!

Just a warning guys, make sure your sound isn't at full volume at the end of part 2 ;) You'll thank me later :P

so true

this is an interesting review from El Pais...

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/cultu...lpepucul_8/Tes

this

"Que hablen de que cometemos plagios es una mierda que nos irrita", enunció Martin sin elevar la voz, pero con semblante muy serio. "Es muy legítimo que no te guste Coldplay, pero las acusaciones falsas nos sublevan. Y, supongo, la mala hostia de algunos termina motivándote...". Menos furibundo, pero elocuentemente lacónico, se mostró cuando una periodista le sugirió que invitase a su mujer a cantar en los discos de la banda. "¿Qué clase de pregunta es esa? Gwyneth es una mujer maravillosa, pero no, no va a cantar con nosotros. Hasta ahí contestaré".

google says:

"That talk we commit plagiarism is a shit that annoys us," Martin enunciated without raising his voice, but with very serious face. "It is legitimate not to like Coldplay, but we rise up false accusations. And, I suppose, poor host of some finished motivating you ...". Less angry, but eloquently laconic, was when a journalist suggested he invite his wife to sing on albums by the band. "What kind of question is that? Gwyneth is a wonderful woman, but it's not going to sing with us. So much for answer."

This appeared on the cover in the paper version the day after the concert, This is great, cultural news in this newspaper are rarely in the central part of the cover,

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/cultu...lpepicul_1/Tes

AND PICS OF COURSE

http://www.elpais.com/fotogaleria/Co...pucul_1/Zes/12

http://www.elpais.com/fotogaleria/Co...pucul_1/Zes/10

please....alguien sabe como se dice mala hostia en ingles? google no es muy bueno con los tacos y lo ha traducido poor host :lol: