✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay on Rock Band

MyFavouriteMemory

I HATE THIS SELLOUT ****!!! THEIR GONNA DO ANYTHING THAT MAKES THEM MONEY. So, I guess you don't breathe either, because that's to mainstream?

Their job is to make music, not money. Yeah they have to make money so they can keep making music, but that's not the reason why they make music.

I miss the days where they would write songs not to make money, but for competition with Radiohead. The time where they said "We don't want to get bigger, we want to get better"

More time making money = Less time making music.

Bands should be popular because of good quality music. Anyone can put their music on a video game and get more popular, but it takes talent to get popular because of good quality music.

I would still gladly buy, and play Coldplay song on rock band. Their still my favorite band and most of the time they write good quality music, but I just have to think of how much better they would be if they would focus on making music and not money.

Seriously guys, what's wrong with giving a song to a videogame?

They already gave In My Place to Guitar Hero back in 2009 so they're not new to this kind of things.

And lots of great artists/band give their songs to Guitar Hero/Rock Band.

They just think that some of their fans (like me) could have fun playing their song on these games.

Their job is to make music, not money. Yeah they have to make money so they can keep making music, but that's not the reason why they make music.

I miss the days where they would write songs not to make money, but for competition with Radiohead. The time where they said "We don't want to get bigger, we want to get better"

More time making money = Less time making music.

Bands should be popular because of good quality music. Anyone can put their music on a video game and get more popular, but it takes talent to get popular because of good quality music.

I would still gladly buy, and play Coldplay song on rock band. Their still my favorite band and most of the time they write good quality music, but I just have to think of how much better they would be if they would focus on making music and not money.

They are better? Charlie Brown, HLH, us against the world are all good songs. If they continued to make songs like the earlier times, you would complain about repetitiveness. SImply cannot win against you

Seriously guys, what's wrong with giving a song to a videogame?

They already gave In My Place to Guitar Hero back in 2009 so they're not new to this kind of things.

And lots of great artists/band give their songs to Guitar Hero/Rock Band.

They just think that some of their fans (like me) could have fun playing their song on these games.

I just seems like their cheating their way to getting more fans, like athletes who use steroids to cheat their way to more strength instead of using hard work.

I never said this was a bad idea. I only laid out a short list of pros and cons. I actually think having Coldplay songs on rock band is a good idea.

^I bet that it is going to be Charlie Brown (wish it will be on Guitar Hero too)

Guitar Hero was canned a while back.

I love rock band, and I would love to play Coldplay songs on rock band, but it makes them more of a sellout band.

Wat.

Using this logic, I suppose any massively-popular band/artist since the 1960's (i.e. Bob Dylan, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Nirvana, Iron Maiden, etc.) are all sellouts because they let their music be put on a videogame? Really?

Every band wants to make money, in some way or another. Whether or not they are popular, they want to make money. Coldplay isn't doing this to get more popular. Coldplay is simply putting their music in something people can rock out to and have fun to.

Two things:

A) Coldplay has put their songs into a crapload of music games before. Guitar Hero, SingStar, Tap Tap, etc. Nothing new. Yes, Coldplay is a sellout band on many levels, but they've been one for many years. And not because of licensing their songs to video games.

B) People still play Rock Band? It hasn't gone under like Guitar Hero but I seriously have not heard a single word about Rock Band in over a year.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Coldplay selling out because they're giving their songs to a game? Don't talk utter bullshit!

And Corkus, Coldplay do sell out indeed, but that also applies to the likes of your hero, Florence Welch. The amount of times that god damn singer has featured on ads here in the UK is horrific! Sometimes I believe she just makes music to satisfy those sofa adverts with people throwing themselves onto a couch with their partner in that cheesy slo mo vision to You've Got The Love.

Now THAT is much lower than anything Coldplay have done! At least Coldplay can sell out and still have dignity!

I don't think puttingongs rockband is selling out at all. I don't think that bands even have anything to do with that (except in the case of The Beales Rockband, which was an artistic masterpeice) It's just a way to let their fans have some fun, and that's called being awesome, not selling out...