✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Video = New Single?

mayurshikotra

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really digressing but I'm not a huge fan of Sgt. Pepper - I think it's the most overrated album of all time... I'd certainly argue Revolver or Rubber Soul are much stronger albums.

I guess I just prefer bands playing music and letting that speak for itself. You brought up Flaming Lips earlier - no surprise, I'm not a fan of their stage antics. And I've been to enough concerts to know that bands don't need lights + costumes to put on a good show. One of the best concerts I've ever been to was seeing Sigur Rós.... and they certainly didn't have elephant heads :wink3:

To be fair, Yellow Submarine is a mediocre tune.... best not to let it speak for itself. :P

This may not be a well received opinion but I find all The Beatles songs mediocre! :smug:

This may not be a well received opinion but I find all The Beatles songs mediocre! :smug:

ALL of them? I mean, I would agree on a large majority, but they have some pretty awesome songs (they're bound to, having released 12+ records...)

We have Radiohead for that.

:sneaky:

:awesome:

Btw, looks like the elephant heads are indeed for Paradise: http://mg.co.za/article/2011-10-09-coldplay-makes-joburg-paradise/

He then asked the crowd: "Would you like to be in the video?"

The stadium exploded into cheers and screams.

Martin explained a minute-long clip would be shot for the end of their new song Paradise.

The band then proceeded to place huge elephant masks over their heads.

"When you're not as attractive as Beyoncé you got to do what you can ... please don't put this on YouTube," he joked.

Coldplay films music video in Cape Town, Karoo

The alternative rock band Coldplay has filmed a new music video in Cape Town and the Klein Karoo, the Cape Town Film Commission said on Monday.

Commission chief executive Denis Lillie received an early morning call on Thursday from the band’s local production company, Cinergy Films, asking for help arranging all the relevant "permissions" for filming.

Denis contacted the city and provincial authorities to request that they prioritise the relevant permissions for filming.

"Filming took place in and around Cape Town and the Klein Karoo during Friday and Saturday," the commission said.

The video would be broadcast globally on MTV and other music video platforms, and would showcase not only the talent of Coldplay but the natural beauty and vibrant culture of Cape Town and the Western Cape.

The group made its first visit to South Africa this month to perform shows in Cape Town and Johannesburg.

Economic Development and Tourism MEC Alan Winde said it was "great news" that Coldplay had enjoyed the country.

"It will also give a much needed boost of confidence for Cape Town tourism," he said.

Coldplay's management said it was impressed that the Cape Film Commission, Cinergy Films and the permit office "could pull this thing off in such little time".

Lead singer Chris Martin said: "It’s been an absolute pleasure to do the music video here".

link

Coldplay films music video in Cape Town, Karoo

The alternative rock band Coldplay has filmed a new music video in Cape Town and the Klein Karoo, the Cape Town Film Commission said on Monday.

Commission chief executive Denis Lillie received an early morning call on Thursday from the band’s local production company, Cinergy Films, asking for help arranging all the relevant "permissions" for filming.

Denis contacted the city and provincial authorities to request that they prioritise the relevant permissions for filming.

"Filming took place in and around Cape Town and the Klein Karoo during Friday and Saturday," the commission said.

The video would be broadcast globally on MTV and other music video platforms, and would showcase not only the talent of Coldplay but the natural beauty and vibrant culture of Cape Town and the Western Cape.

The group made its first visit to South Africa this month to perform shows in Cape Town and Johannesburg.

Economic Development and Tourism MEC Alan Winde said it was "great news" that Coldplay had enjoyed the country.

"It will also give a much needed boost of confidence for Cape Town tourism," he said.

Coldplay's management said it was impressed that the Cape Film Commission, Cinergy Films and the permit office "could pull this thing off in such little time".

Lead singer Chris Martin said: "It’s been an absolute pleasure to do the music video here".

link

It still isn't finished...

http://www.coldplaying.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7638