✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Video = New Single?

mayurshikotra

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie Brown is my guess. The lyrics fit.

Which parts of the Charlie Brown lyrics fit with being in the desert?

I'm actually convinced that it's now for the Paradise video, given that the desert and the sweltering heat could and would be interpreted as 'Paradise'.

- couple that with the fact that the performance parts of the video wrapped weeks ago according to their twitter and we still haven't seen or heard anything since, I'd say they're filming a different section which obviously could have been greenscreened or CGI'd but that wouldn't have done it any justice.

Personally, I still don't like Paradise as a single, love the song but it's flying the flag for MX at the moment and I don't think a big budget desert shoot is necessary for a song that isn't ever going to be 'THAT big'

I'm actually convinced that it's now for the Paradise video, given that the desert and the sweltering heat could and would be interpreted as 'Paradise'.

- couple that with the fact that the performance parts of the video wrapped weeks ago according to their twitter and we still haven't seen or heard anything since, I'd say they're filming a different section which obviously could have been greenscreened or CGI'd but that wouldn't have done it any justice.

Personally, I still don't like Paradise as a single, love the song but it's flying the flag for MX at the moment and I don't think a big budget desert shoot is necessary for a song that isn't ever going to be 'THAT big'

I thought Paradise had been done with that Brazilian girl back when they were doing the US festivals?

Paradise is DONE. They filmed it on Sept. 12 and one month is actually a normal waiting time. Usually music videos are released between 3 and 5 weeks after the shooting.

I thought Paradise had been done with that Brazilian girl back when they were doing the US festivals?

Music videos have a very fast turnover.

plus the fact that the song has been out for two weeks and we still don't have a video is kind of hard to understand, normally the video comes before or at the same time as the initial release with music. I'd find unusual but not totally unbelievable that they would be shooting a third video when when the second isn't even released.

We await the announcement.

plus the fact that the song has been out for two weeks and we still don't have a video is kind of hard to understand, normally the video comes before or at the same time as the initial release with music. I'd find unusual but not totally unbelievable that they would be shooting a third video when when the second isn't even released.

In the US, music videos usually come out after the single.

ETIAW was released on June 3rd and the video came out on June 28th.

It has been baffling me for a while too

It has to either be a video or a promo. I think it's Princess of China. Charlie Brown and Paradise have nothing to do with a desert anyway.

Well...Paradise in my View has something to do with Desert...it's the opposite.

They maybe stand in the Desert and when he sings "Para" the Desert turns into a Paradise with Tree's and whatever.

Well...Paradise in my View has something to do with Desert...it's the opposite.

They maybe stand in the Desert and when he sings "Para" the Desert turns into a Paradise with Tree's and whatever.

Yeah! I think that it could be something like that too. Sand, palms, beaches... Like an Oasis in the middle of a desert, not?

I didn't know China was known for its lush, sandy deserts. /sarcasm

Umm, they actually are. In fact, both Japan and the Koreas have regular sandstorm alerts due to the amount of sand that blows over from China. Here's just an article that explains the desertification problem in China: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12112518

This is the second time you tried for "sarcasm" but just ended up being wrong.

Hmm . . . I know Cape Town is dry and all, but is really in the middle of a desert? :thinking:

Anywho, I'm kind of skeptical about this being a shoot for Paradise--seeing as how the guys supposedly have already wrapped it up--but I don't really see a desert setting fitting with any other song. . . . I don't see it being a promo shoot either. :shrug:

Hmm . . . I know Cape Town is dry and all, but is really in the middle of a desert? :thinking:

Anywho, I'm kind of skeptical about this being a shoot for Paradise--seeing as how the guys supposedly have already wrapped it up--but I don't really see a desert setting fitting with any other song. . . . I don't see it being a promo shoot either. :shrug:

Dry? Only in Summer. We have a pretty mild Mediterranean climate here. The closest 'true desert' would be the Kalahari or Namib Desert, in Namibia.

I suppose the Atlantis dunes, about an hours drive away could pass as a very small desert.

Umm, they actually are. In fact, both Japan and the Koreas have regular sandstorm alerts due to the amount of sand that blows over from China. Here's just an article that explains the desertification problem in China: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12112518

Thanks, Urkel.

Is China KNOWN for these deserts, though? When you think China, do you think "Wow. It must get really hot there in all those sand dunes"?

I sure don't. I think of pretty, lush landscapes, modern populated urban areas and a quaint familial countryside. Of course it has all kinds of terrain: It's quite a large country. I'm not saying there's no deserts, or desert-like areas.

For example: I live in the United States. What we're geographically known for (from what I understand) is a flat, large area of land sweeping across about 2000 miles used for horticulture and energy production. But in fact, we have several extremely large mountain ranges and tropical beaches.

Let's zone in on my state: Missouri. When people think of Missouri, they picture the land-locked flat plains, corn and truck stops. But in fact, I am from a heavily-populated hub of industry, technology and travel on a major body of water (St. Louis).

If Coldplay were to make a video for Princess of China, we would have to assume that they would make a video with visual clues that they are in China. Cite: above. Cite: Popular local landmarks. Cite: City skylines.

Like this (from another thread) (note: I'm JOKING, for those who won't understand my humor):

9jemo4.jpg

If it's a flat, lame desert, it could literally be in any part of the world. They have to make it specific to China to validate the thematic elements of the song.

Why must you troll my comments?

China isn't known for its deserts at all, you liar. No one thinks desert when they think of China.

Australia is known for its deserts, as is Africa and as is the USA. China certainly isn't. He wasn't saying China doesn't have any deserts, of course it does - it's a huge country.

China isn't known for its deserts at all, you liar. No one thinks desert when they think of China.

Australia is known for its deserts, as is Africa and as is the USA. China certainly isn't. He wasn't saying China doesn't have any deserts, of course it does - it's a huge country.

WRONG. CLEARLY THIS IS CHINA. SEE THE PANDAS?

vista1.gif