New Video = New Single?

mayurshikotra

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BREAKING NEWS!

:lol: :awesome:

I support it! And what if each member has the role of one character from Peanuts? Will as Charlie Brown, Jonny as Snoopy, Guy as Linus and Chris as Schroeder :D

That would be awesome. :awesome:

^Yeah, this is what Marie and me have said but with Peanuts masks or something like that! It would be so amazing! We all should be video directors. :D

Are you calling me Marie? How do you know that part of my name? I never call myself for Marie! :laugh3:

Are you all seriously defending this? Elephant heads? Really????

What happened to just playing music and letting that speak for itself?

The Beatles did weirder shit than this. So do other great bands like Flaming Lips. And....Animal Collective! They do very strange things.

What's wrong with having fun and expressing yourself through music? Why do you feel the need to police this?

The Beatles did weirder shit than this. So do other great bands like Flaming Lips. And....Animal Collective! They do very strange things.

What's wrong with having fun and expressing yourself through music? Why do you feel the need to police this?

270911970_db35fdd4ca.jpg

If it fits with thematically with the music, then I have no issue. For example, one of my favorite artists is Björk and she has a different persona for each era and I don't really care because it definitely goes with what she's trying to achieve. In a more relevant example, Coldplay had the Sgt. Pepper-inspired look during the Viva era and I don't have a big problem with that because it fits thematically.

But elephant heads are a completely different story.

If it fits with thematically with the music, then I have no issue. For example, one of my favorite artists is Björk and she has a different persona for each era and I don't really care because it definitely goes with what she's trying to achieve. In a more relevant example, Coldplay had the Sgt. Pepper-inspired look during the Viva era and I don't have a big problem with that because it fits thematically.

But elephant heads are a completely different story.

Well, not really, because we don't know anything about the Elephant heads. At all.

All we have seen is a picture. We don't know anything about the context or why they did it. It's hardly enough to call them out over it. I think you're very eager to slag Coldplay off sometimes.

It's like calling the Beatles out of Sgt Pepper when all you have seen about it is one photograph.

Michael Jackson's Thriller video was stupid. Why can't he just sing the song and let that speak for itself?

The Beatles' Yellow Submarine film is a waste of time. Why not just leave the music alone and let it speak for itself?

It's like calling the Beatles out of Sgt Pepper when all you have seen about it is one photograph.

This is really digressing but I'm not a huge fan of Sgt. Pepper - I think it's the most overrated album of all time... I'd certainly argue Revolver or Rubber Soul are much stronger albums.

I guess I just prefer bands playing music and letting that speak for itself. You brought up Flaming Lips earlier - no surprise, I'm not a fan of their stage antics. And I've been to enough concerts to know that bands don't need lights + costumes to put on a good show. One of the best concerts I've ever been to was seeing Sigur Rós.... and they certainly didn't have elephant heads :wink3:

The Beatles' Yellow Submarine film is a waste of time. Why not just leave the music alone and let it speak for itself?

To be fair, Yellow Submarine is a mediocre tune.... best not to let it speak for itself. :P